The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Pocket confetti! (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Before you go and try to implement tgis terrible idea masquerading as entertainment try the following. Toss some handfuls of confetti around your house and try cleaning them up.

Think also how much of it was Tellers personality that made it funny.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Ok, since you won't let this go DannyDoyle;
A friend brought over 10 confetti shooters to my new years party. Our house was packed with friends and family. Children and adults alike.
He gave me the confetti-shooters as a gift for me to use at gigs. These are NOT your usual shooters. This are over 100cm long and have an actual detonator to shoot the confetti.
The amount of confetti is the same that are used in TV-shows.

So... I actually used EVERY SINGLE ONE of them at MY party. In MY living room. In MY house. There were confetti everywhere. And we are not talking obout "pocket confetti". We are talking about THOUSANDS of glittering confetti-thingies. We are talking about KILOS of confetti. In all cracks and crannies of my house. On all of our plates, in all of our sodas and drinks, in our hair, in our dresses, in my pants, on my cat. I even had to pick up confetti in the middle of the road OUTSIDE of my house!

And do you know what? Everybody loved it! And do you know who cleaned it up? ME! And even some of the kids helped as well! IT WAS FANTASTIC!!! All my guests (and my children) LOVED it!
Conclusion; IT WAS PERFECT.

So, I KNOW that I will find a perfect place for some "pocket confetti". Please do not tell me otherwise:)
I know you guys mean well, but please understand that we are different. When I say this fits my style it really does.
Lighten up!

Did I say I would do this at paid corporate gigs? No I did not. But I would if it would work!
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
I think it would be ok, if you were going to clean it up, or it was somewhere that is getting swept soon anyway. You don't want the cause other people more work though.
Reality is a real killjoy.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2015, ZachDavenport wrote:
I think it would be ok, if you were going to clean it up, or it was somewhere that is getting swept soon anyway. You don't want the cause other people more work though.

THANK you! Just the exact point I am trying to make. Causing extra work for others.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I think if you used this idea on stage as a running joke it would play. Because I have done it before in a stage contest with my character after he did something that was cool or he thought it was cool he would toss the confetti up in the air. I won the contest and they announced it a day later as I recieved my award I tossed the confetti in the air over the person handing me the trophy. It rocked the house. So do it if you want to. It will work sometimes for close up and sometimes it will not. Good Luck!

Bairefoot
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2015, Montana76 wrote:
my new years party. Our house

Great! But in fairness you did leave that part out in the OP.
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
It was not a part of the question!
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2015, Montana76 wrote:
It was not a part of the question!

Therefore the fact that the confetti bit went over well under those particular circumstances in no way invalidates the responses that the question received.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Don't confuse him. He has his answer. He had it and only wants to know where to get confetti, which apparently he already knew because he had lots of it at a party at his house. He will find the perfect place for it.

By the way the very idea that Teller does anything in performance "spur of the moment" really shows I shouldn't have responded.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
From time to time, in my "STAGE ACT" upon being introduced and making my way to my center stage mark, when I arrive to accept the applause, I will toss a very small handful of confetti (just ripped up paper) over my head to let it rain down over me.

With that said, if I were at a restaurant, and some idiot came to my table and threw paper everywhere, I'd likely complain to the manager...especially if it got in my food.

Then again, what do I know?
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Don't confuse him. He has his answer. He had it and only wants to know where to get confetti, which apparently he already knew because he had lots of it at a party at his house. He will find the perfect place for it.

Hi Danny!
As I explained what I was using wasn't "pocket confetti", thus my question!

:)
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2015, Christopher Lyle wrote:
From time to time, in my "STAGE ACT" upon being introduced and making my way to my center stage mark, when I arrive to accept the applause, I will toss a very small handful of confetti (just ripped up paper) over my head to let it rain down over me.

With that said, if I were at a restaurant, and some idiot came to my table and threw paper everywhere, I'd likely complain to the manager...especially if it got in my food.

Then again, what do I know?

Totally agree. Leaving a bunch of cards on the floor has never gone well when doing strolling gigs for me. I can't see throwing confetti around being any different.
My question was motivated by other gigs. Strolling is only one small part of the performances I do.

Thanks for chiming in:)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I guess it is confusing as it was asked in this section.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Something I wanted to add and should have said earlier.

I may think this is really a dumb idea, but so what? The OP is looking to try something new and different and good for him. I have a very long list of things tried I thought would kill that didn't. It is how you move forward being original.

I am glad to see the OP doing this. So few do anything of this nature it is refreshing to see. I don't want to sound like I am discouraging that and it and like I was. Sorry.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Hi Danny!

Thank you for your uplifting words and for saying sorry!
At the same time I have to say I really see your point. Of course it can be confusing when I actually posted it in the "Table hoppers & party strollers" forum! Sorry!

Have a great day:):)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2015, Montana76 wrote:
Hi Danny!

Have a great day:):)

Don't tell me what to do!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Hahaha!!!
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
This doesn't address your question really but as it has received a lot of replies I thought I'd throw in something different (but related).... if you do any 'stand up' or parlour magic and it is ok with the venue (re 'litter' issues!), I think Snowstorm in China is a beautiful and graceful end to an act - as long as it suits your personality and your show or you adjust it to do so. You can use as much confetti as you like to your hearts content. And it's 'motivated' and all part of the routine - no danger of being seen as a 'throw away' gimmick randomly thrown into the entertainment. A tip: White confetti is best - no need for colour in this routine. And I agree that judgement and caution needed to see this won't be seen negatively by your venues and hosts. You seem very well aware of this in your responses and so no need for me to bang that drum again(!)

(That's the way we spell 'color' in the UK before anyone thinks they've spotted a typo!)
mrsmiles
(UK)
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Thank you very much MrSmiles!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Pocket confetti! (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL