We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Favorite "Running gags" for walk around? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

illuzns
View Profile
Regular user
My Room in Va.
104 Posts

Profile of illuzns
Hey guys I just finished a show last night(Private B-day party) and everything went really great.I use a lota bowl for this type of actas a running gag.I have been performing for a while both stand up and close up,but I was just thinking today as I was peforming at my restaurant gig.That I do not have any type of running gags in my routining for table hopping like I do for my standup routine,such as the lota bowl that I use. Now,I do know that you generally don't have a whole lot of time to continuously do a series of running gags in this type of situation.Nor do you have the room to carry something such as a lota bowl obviously, but I was just wondering if time allows...do any of you other performing magicians have any Running Gags that you use on a regular basis for your table hopping or strolling audiences.If so, what are your favorites that you would recommend?
Thanks in advance for any responses to this post.
Your friend in magic,
Illuzns
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
I have the sponge beetles from bugged. I use them as a running gag,they show up during color-changing knifes, chpo cup, and once again during the rabbitts.Always gets a good laugh.
illuzns
View Profile
Regular user
My Room in Va.
104 Posts

Profile of illuzns
Daryl-
I haven't seen the effect, but sounds like a good idea.Thanks for responding.
Your friend,
Illuzns
C Christian
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of C Christian
I ve always had a running gag in my strolling magic. It is strange sometimes it is not anything but a fraze that I repeat and I get a stronger laugh after each time I say it. Recently I've been using the squeeker which is a great running gag.
Hope this helps, Chris
Flec
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
"Was that your card?" sway it when ever anything goes wrong...or appears to go wrong. Pull a random card out of your pocket and say; "Was that the one you were thinking of?"

I saw Paul Zennon live last year and he had the audience in hysterics after half an hour. He did the knife thru coat and when you heard the coat 'rip' he pulled out a card...etc., etc.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I like the card appearing under a saltshaker over and over when other tricks are happening. Very funny and magical.
CWMoss
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of CWMoss
"It's not funny," can be a running gag.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
That's another good one moss ... it is funny to say, "Don't smile!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Favorite "Running gags" for walk around? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL