We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Joe Carota anyone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KristoBall
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of KristoBall
Not sure if this is the right topic forum to post in, but I've recently discovered my childhood love of magic - and to amp up the nostalgia factor, I actually found in my parents' attic a bag of old supplies - mostly assorted and incomplete plastic tricks from the Blackstone Pressman series. However, I also found an amateur-printed booklet that threw me for a massive flashback trip - "A Beginner's Guide to Magic, by Joe Carota." It came back to me in a whirlwind - being a child in a suburb of Boston, MA - and attending magic lessons at the community town center one summer back in the mid-80s. If I recall, cardiographic was our major project at the end of class.

So I Googled the name out of curiosity and came up with this: http://www.finitesite.com/cigam/

It appears he is STILL ACTIVE teaching children how to amaze their family and classmates. It seems he has left quite an impression and inspired budding magicians across New England. (P.S. Go Patriots.) I also see he sells courses by mail - probably an updated version of my childhood booklet - and I'm almost certainly going to dive in to make my inner child happy.

I don't know if he's strictly a local resource or someone I should know even if he hadn't introduced me to the world of magic... has anyone else come across Joe Carota, then or now?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Joe Carota anyone? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL