The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Ending lines, help and submissions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
Hey all,

I am still fine tuning my stage routine, and I am unsure as to how to end the show. I want to end on one of the following lines. Feel free to use them if you'd like. Also, submit any of your closers if you'd like.

That's it for me, if you liked the show I'm ------, if not I'm ----- ( I know, far from new, but I like it).

That's it for me, don't do anything I wouldn't do, if you do, take pictures.

or
That's it for me, Have a great night, and a better tomorrow.

Let me know what you think.

Pete
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
With all due respect...I don't like any of the 3 closers. I would definitely get rid of "That's it for me" for sure. It just doesn't sound professional to me.

I don't do a full stage production (I am working towards it though) but I do platform type shows and I like to leave them with a thought and a challenge to be a Miracle to someone.

Look to your character/personna for a closing. Stay in character. Say what fits your show but say what is from your heart.
Daniel Faith
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
What's wrong with "Thank you and good night"?
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
Not a closer but...

"Be good, otherwise, you're bad"
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Pete, maybe something along the lines of, "Thank you & goodnight, take care, don't do anything I wouldn't do but if it happens take pictures!"

Just a little thought using a line you like along with Mr. Marucci.

I don't think closing lines need to be so quick and short. I'd thank the audience for their time and leave them with a positive note and something to either make them laugh or cause them to think.

Now that is of course totally different if you are working restaurants or strolling!

Chris
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
534 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
I've heard a magician say, "In closing I want to leave you with one thought. Always remember, wherever you go, there you are."
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Your final moments on stage are very important so great care should be taken.

Think about your final effect and the overall theme of your routine before deciding how to end.
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
515 Posts

Profile of spatrick
In most stage presentations the close to the show is set up prior to the closng effect. This lets the audience know to not expect more magic after the bif finale.

To set up the closer try a varient of the following (whatever fits your performance style).

Ladies and Gentlemen, is has been an honor performing for you, and I want to thank you folks for letting me share my magic with you. I would like to end this evening with a little thing called.........

Most pro stage shows will have an audio voiceover that thanks the audience for attending the show.

S. Patrick
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
Bob Eaton...A friend of mine ends many of his shows with...
Remember time flys like an arrow, and fruit flys like a banana. Good nite.
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I love that quote, I think it was Groucho Marx who said it originally.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7408 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
"Remember this... Of all the audiences I've ever had, you're the most recent!"

Don't use that closing myself, as it just borders on insulting them (perhaps taken the wrong way by the wrong person), but it always made me smile whenever I heard my friend use that line.

- Donald.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Dan Monroe
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Dan Monroe
Just do a killer effect that brings a lot of applause and yell thank you and goodnite! As you walk off stage. And remember always leave them wanting more.

Dan
The power is within us all...I'm just a little more full of it.
danmonroe.bravehost.com
amadrigal
View Profile
New user
Bolingbrook IL
79 Posts

Profile of amadrigal
I like "Thank you , you have been great and so was I ...I KID I KID.... HAVE A GREAT NIGHT"!

it works with my performance style
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
Harry S Truman (1884 - 1972)
cpatchett
View Profile
Veteran user
My current prediction is that I have
326 Posts

Profile of cpatchett
How about: "Thanks very much, I'm ______________ and I hope the rest of your evening is just as magical."

Or, if you're going for something funny: "Thanks very much, I'm ______________ and hopefully you already know who you are!"

Craig
Magician: Someone willing to spend $15 to learn how to make $1 disappear.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
"Thanks folks...now comes the fun part as everyone gets up to leave we get to see which ones got a wedgy....and how they deal with it!"
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1706 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Pete-

I finish 1 of my acts with the following-

After the finale effect & applause I do a personal goodnight to the crowd with an after Magic effect-very quick

I thank them for sharing there time etc & remind them that a little bit of colour-(show small silver bag) mixed with a little bit of mystery adds up to 1 thing -being Magic (produce 8ft wand) My name is ------ thank you & goodnight!!!!!

Also ensures an extra round of applause!!

Works well for me

-Brent
Sergeant
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of Sergeant
Until you fully understand your act and develop it to its fullest, use Peter Marucci's simple and effect post.

Do not ruin a very good show with a glib and flat joke. Leave them feeling warm and happy.

Notice that even Brent's ending is one of fun and a thank you and I would bet it took him quite a while to develop that seemingly simple ending.

Sergeant
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
581 Posts

Profile of Tony S
I highly recommend contacting Doug Higley to have him record a closing for you. He's awesome!
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Ending lines, help and submissions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL