The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Help switching a pocket size photograph (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9022 Posts

Profile of funsway
Ok, I just looked at the effect description referenced above. This can work.

Change the story a bit to justify having the photo of the young couple in the frame.

Actually remove the photo to reveal the background. - no switch. Visually tear the photo in half and give the female half to a spectator to hold over heart.

The male half is returned to the frame and displayed inside only filling half of the opening.

In the ending, the spectator displays their aged half. The frame now hold the aging man half that a spectator can extract for the match up.

Part of the switch comes with the tear and hand out, the other by the frame itself after the tear.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
langston3711
View Profile
Regular user
Cumming, GA
195 Posts

Profile of langston3711
I'm not familiar with this effect but look into the Picture Perfect Switch Wallet by John Guastaferro from his At the Table Lecture. He actually teaches you how to make it. It uses a display of pictures in the photo sleeves of a wallet then as you remove it they are automatically switched. I just made one this week for his effect. Found a perfect little wallet for $7 on Amazon.
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3316 Posts

Profile of warren
Quiver is another option as it's only a small picture.
bloodyjack
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle WA
343 Posts

Profile of bloodyjack
I made myself an OTL wallet size version

Click here to view attached image.
"sir i sent you half the kidne i took from one woman prasarved it for you tother piece i fried and ate it was very nise i may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Help switching a pocket size photograph (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL