The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Wacky ideas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
James Peters
View Profile
Veteran user
Romford, UK
385 Posts

Profile of James Peters
Hi,

Just wondering, what wacky ideas do you have for escapes? My current one is;

Ok, you thought I was a nutter, now you're going to know it!! I want to escape from a Posey straitjacket whilst on the back of a motorcycle at 100mph, no crash helmet or protective tear, just jeans and a t-shirt! (We have an old airfield nearby which has a nice long runway). Looking into it for June / July time.

So, what's yours?

James.
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
I wanted to do an escape in front of a speeding steam train, or escape from the middle of a maze with people moving into the maze to try and intercept me.
Dorian
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Dorian
I'm attempting to be able to escape while on a unicycle that is on a slack rope. I can only practice during the summer, though, so it's slow going.

Dorian
jlareau
View Profile
Loyal user
Henrietta NY / Chicago Ill
220 Posts

Profile of jlareau
What about tyring yourself INTO a SJ while balancing yourself on the shoulders of an albino midget, whose sitting on the back of a motorcycle that's riding across a slack rope with people pulling on the rope trying to make you fall off?
....I'm sick.

Seriously, I've gotten pretty fast at tying myself INTO a straight jacket (Humane Restraint). All buckles tightened. Someday I'll film myself getting into the jacket and play the film in reverse and see what it looks like. Actually, now that I think about it, I think I'll do that tonight.

JLareau
Jonathan Lareau A.K.A "Jonny Card Trick"
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Feel free to check out my website www.jonlareau.com
James Peters
View Profile
Veteran user
Romford, UK
385 Posts

Profile of James Peters
Jlareau,

Perhaps I should have said "wacky ideas you want to try out!" Smile Is that film of yours postable on the internet? I'd be interested to see how you actually get into a jacket?

What's that called by the way Intropology?
James.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I have to do that too, since my wife is tired of helping put it on. I can't do the arm strap though, I have to leave it the same everytime.

I would like to see that clip too.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Jonathan, I really like your idea, but I'm having a little problem tracking down an albino midget who can support my weight.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Lets escape taxes!
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Last guy I knew who tried that is currently planning his latest escape from Sing Sing.
jlareau
View Profile
Loyal user
Henrietta NY / Chicago Ill
220 Posts

Profile of jlareau
Didn't have time last night to make the video. I got caught doing my senior design project. I'll make it soon.

Getting into a jacket is the same as getting out, just reverse the operations. I use a Humane Restraint for this. The arm strap problem can be approach a couple of different ways: First you can just keep the arm strap set, and whip it over your head. Or you can tie the jacket in its proper set up very loosly, slip the whole thing on over your head, reach your hand out the rear-underside of the jacket to tighten any straps you need to, then tie the crotch strap in place. Finally, work your arms up and into the sleeves.

It's tedious and time consuming, but good practice. I started tying myself into the jacket because my roomates got sick of helping me into it, and I think they're a little scared of me when I ask them for help with the escape artist stuff.

As soon as I get a chance I'm going to make that video. Does anyone have server space available? My band website only uses 50MB, and we're almost full. I actually want to put it to music and do some creative editing using PI, Adobe Premiere and AE, just to make it look cool though, so it might be a while before I post the finished thing.

However, I wouldn't mind posting a link in secret sessions or something to show the raw footage of how to get into a jacket for practice for those of you that want to just see the method.

JLareau
Jonathan Lareau A.K.A "Jonny Card Trick"
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Feel free to check out my website www.jonlareau.com
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
This just hit me. Cuffed chained and shackled to the inside of a coffin filled with orange Jello and only a breathing straw sticking through the lid.

They say there's always room for Jello.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
ORANGE JELLO?????????

cherry, maybe.....but orange......NEVER!!! Smile
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I was thinking about chocolate or butterscotch pudding but I wouldn't want anyone to think I was eating my way out of it. Maby I should change that to lime flavored Jello.
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Hey Stuart,
I just got a great idea to add to your maze idea with people closing in to find you. Why not do it on Halloween, give each of the people goalie masks and arm them all with electric hedge trimmers which they will swing wildly about as they close in on you. Just kidding but I really think an escape like this would look cool! Steve Santini
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

There is a railway museum near where I live that has a Maze or two cut into the crops on one side of the railway, so I could use the two ideas in one event.

Steve, I actually know some people that would love to try and do that to me....so maybe it might work out.

And it's just down the road from James which is even better.
James Peters
View Profile
Veteran user
Romford, UK
385 Posts

Profile of James Peters
Hey Stuart, don't me involved in your crazy escape ideas! I only asked the question ... didn't say I was going to help! Smile

James.
escapologist2001
View Profile
Regular user
Connah's Quay, Wales, UK
127 Posts

Profile of escapologist2001
I don't have an electric hedge-trimmer, but I do have a jig-saw (no, not the puzzle) which I use when performing the sawing in half illusion. It could be threatened as the penalty for failing to escape!

Just a thought!

Robin
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

That's ok James, I was trying to let other UK Escapologists know its location...guess I need to work on that part.

Good luck with the bike idea
James Peters
View Profile
Veteran user
Romford, UK
385 Posts

Profile of James Peters
Stuart,

I was only joking. Forgive me!

I'd be more than happy to lend a hand at any of your escapes!

It was more the orange jello I was thinking I'd need to avoid!

James.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
954 Posts

Profile of Riley
All this talk of orange jello. Sounds a trifle dangerous to me.
Trifle - it's a pudding with . . oh, never mind!

Riley.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Wacky ideas? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL