The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FLIGHT by Michael Afshin & Vortex Magic (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Just put this up for Preorder at Hocus Pocus and offering FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING if you Preorder from us. One coin routine to RULE THEM ALL!

Check out more here and be sure to watch the video:
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=31552

FLIGHT is a full coin routine that combines Matrix and 3 Fly in to a full routine that is ideal for all performing situations. You can perform the entire routine as taught by creator Michael Afshin or perform parts of it depending on where you are performing.

The gimmick coins will turn you in to a coin expert and allow you to do some incredible visual magic. YOU can create miracles from productions, transpositions and vanishes. FLIGHT does it all with beautifully crafted coins that purchased alone would cost twice this amount.

ROUTINES taught:

FLIGHT - the complete coin act - coins appear, travel, and vanish. This is Afshin signature coins routine. Matrix - three coins clearly travel from one card to another then vanish.

Stand-Up 3 Fly - Live performances and tutorial of Afshin performing this miracle using the gimmick coin. Imagine using ONE coin to do the most incredible 3 Fly - also included is Afshin's 'shocking' stand-up 3 Fly where he apparently eats coins and makes them appear from his nose.

Ring to Coin and Coin to Ring - a finger ring visually turns in to a coin which turns in to three coins. Each coin vanishes until the last coin turns back in to a finger ring.

Afshin Turn-Over - an incredible vanish of a coin and playing card. This move has fooled even the most knowledgeable magicians. Long kept a secret by Afshin and released on here for the first time.

Coins to Pocket - Three coins placed inside your pocket reappear at your fingertips.

This diabolical routine by Afshin is supplied with a custom made coin which will enable you to easily perform many different routines. The only sleight needed, and taught, is a retention vanish.

One coin routine to RULE THEM ALL.
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Absolute trash. Don't believe the dealer hype. Steer well clear. Pre-order at your peril.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
Absolute trash. Don't believe the dealer hype. Steer well clear. Pre-order at your peril.

T.G.

I would appreciate it if you could kindly elaborate the basis of your opinion. Is it the routine or the gaffed set of coins or both that you do not like?

Thank you very much.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Quote:

It is impossible to review this because there are only 3 sets that have been released and in existence to date and they are in the hands of the creators and working professionals, so it would be impossible for you to know it is hyped or trash.

If you feel it isn't worth buying or isn't for you, of course you don't have to buy it, but don't ruin it based on impossible speculation for others who may be interested.

Cole
Hocus Pocus
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
www.hocus-pocus.com
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Well, I wont call it trash because I obviously don't have it. However, the trailer is insulting to anyone over 12 years old. Almost turned it off when, after 10-15 seconds, I still knew nothing of the effect. When the 'effect' came on screen, there were so many jump cuts, blurs, shaky camera effects and noise that (suprise!) you really can't tell if this is a worker or not.

What I did see looked like a confusing version of Paul Richard's JW Supercoin handling, edited by the aforementioned 12yr old who downloaded a bootleg copy of Adobe After Effects from the internet.

Creators...If you cannot promote your effect/routine/gimmick without hiding most of it behind what looks like a trailer for a crappy, low budget, direct to video Inception knock-off, then I will not be buying. Stop insulting your audience, guys- seriously.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2015, Cole Gross wrote:
Quote:

It is impossible to review this because there are only 3 sets that have been released and in existence to date and they are in the hands of the creators and working professionals, so it would be impossible for you to know it is hyped or trash.

If you feel it isn't worth buying or isn't for you, of course you don't have to buy it, but don't ruin it based on impossible speculation for others who may be interested.

Cole
Hocus Pocus

He can speculate all he wants just like you can come on and hype up crap products like you want and did with Phantom. Maybe he's been screwed by that creator before. Who knows. It's his opinion. After your ridiculous hype for Phantom which no doubt caused some people to buy but has since been derided as one of the worst products of the year, I'll take his word over yours. And unless you are connected to the production of the effect, I'm not really sure how you could know how many test sets are in existence. And if you are then that's even less reason to trust the hype.
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2015, Slackerking wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cole
Hocus Pocus

He can speculate all he wants just like you can come on and hype up crap products like you want and did with Phantom. Maybe he's been screwed by that creator before. Who knows. It's his opinion. After your ridiculous hype for Phantom which no doubt caused some people to buy but has since been derided as one of the worst products of the year, I'll take his word over yours. And unless you are connected to the production of the effect, I'm not really sure how you could know how many test sets are in existence. And if you are then that's even less reason to trust the hype.

T.J. Jones is entitled to his opinion like you or anyone else, so am I not entitled to dispute his opinion?
He didn't provide any reasoning for his statement (like possibly having a bad experience with the creator, etc.), so why should that statement scare others away from a product without any posted reason?

I am not, nor is Hocus Pocus, affiliated with this product in any way but a simple phone call provided me the information from the creator needed to post what I wrote.

Also please re-read my post, I did not hype this product. I am doing my job which is to inform magicians of new releases. I just posted it with a link saying we have it up for Preorder and that you can watch the video and read the ad copy.

The hype on Phantom came from many sources, not just me, and although many people have been unhappy with it, others have really enjoyed it and use it regularly. Again we all have our own opinions.

If you have any personal issues with me or my posts on the Café, please call me directly toll free 800-407-4040 or pm me.

Cole
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
www.hocus-pocus.com
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
I have no problems with anyone's posts, the Café is a place for people to post opinions. And you need to re-read my post as I didn't say you hyped this product. You did however hype phantom (Eggnik has killed it with this release) unless you meant it literally Smile and yes maybe that was your opinion but it's a little funny that the only positive feedback came from sellers. I'd be very interested to hear of anyone who uses it regularly or at all for that matter. But back to the topic at hand.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Yes the trailer is terrible...
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
One coin routine TO RULE THEM ALL. Wow. I must pre-order right away.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Quote:
I am doing my job which is to inform magicians of new releases. I just posted it with a link saying we have it up for Preorder and that you can watch the video and read the ad copy.

Therein lies the problem.

When I used to deal I would pre-screen products for my customers. Not just inform them about new releases. I'd try the product and let some of my reliable friends in magic and special customers try it out before I would go anywhere near a sale. That way I could give potential buyers an informed opinion. They trusted me.

BTW, I've sold enough gimmicked coin tricks to know this one isn't the 'One coin routine to RULE THEM ALL!' as you say. Could you justify that statement please? If you can then I'll apologise to everyone on the Café.

Tony
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Wow, you guys take things way too literally... I guess no one here is familiar with Lord of The Rings...
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
'One coin routine to RULE THEM ALL!' is the tag line from the product description. I usually put that teaser information at the top of the post. I am sorry if that came across as my opinion.
I, like TuneHV, thought it was a clever Lord of the Rings pun and was using the marketing material provided with the product.
Cole
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
www.hocus-pocus.com
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Everyone seems grumpy this week, me included Smile
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
The trailer doesn't show anything???? Very sad. Cut out the Hollywood blockbuster hype and actually show us some routines please to back up the bold boasts.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Is there somewhere that shows what the coin looks like, as well as the size?
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Is this not Johnny Wong's SuperCoin with a few needlessly flourishy Karate Coin moves thrown in? Just speculation at this point- because, as mentioned earlier, the trailer is worthless. Unless, of course part of the get-ready for the effect involves carefully studying a blank-paged notebook, running down the stairs, hanging out in the subway and wearing stupid glasses.
kenodad
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of kenodad
Are the coins Uncirc Morgans, as it appears in the trailer, or halves? Kind of important to know.

I sympathize with the frustration here with another overly dramatic trailer providing little information. I agree a bit with TG's sentiment; that I would hope that my go-to dealer would help me weed out the crap from the cream. Unfortunately, the major dealers seem to primarily want to sell anything that will sell...I don't know that I can argue with that, but I yearn for something better..Vanishing inc seems the closest right now. No offense to Cole. He is doing his job, but it seems OUR hope (or at least some of us...some more indignantly than others) is that a dealer would emerge that would sift through the hype and give us a bit more discernment. Perhaps NOT ordering 500 units on preorder. Maybe ordering one to evaluate and critique BEFOREHAND. Where is the dealer that takes the hit FOR us instead of putting us in the line of fire (wasting our cash on crap....all I can think of is CHANGE from Ellusionist...yes I got burned). Smile
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Kenodad, you talk a lot of sense. If I was a younger man I'd get back into the game and show this new crop of dealers how to add value to customers and increase business at the same time. The current crop of dealers favour hype over genuine value add to drive sales, which isn't sustainable in my experience.

Here's my challenge to the dealers. Start putting customers first, stop selling them tat, make informed recommendations and watch your long term revenue and profit rise. Any book on business basics will tell you that.
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
I spent an evening with Michael a month ago or so. I was doing street magic, and I stumbled upon him and some buskers. He did several of his coin routines to me and to people in the streets. The reactions from the audience were very good. Michael is a sweet guy, and he's got chops. I have not seen the DVD, but if it teaches what I saw the other day, I think that's good. 139$ is expensive, so I understand that the hobbyist may not want to invest in it to entertain the friends and family. Those who make a living out of magic may find higher returns. But we'll wait for actual reviews...

P!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FLIGHT by Michael Afshin & Vortex Magic (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL