The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » New Escaporium Article. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Just to let you know theres a new museum of escapes coming to Canada. Looks interesting, and is a creation of Steve Santini. If Steve's track record has anything to say about the museum, we have a lot to look forward to!

Checkout the article:
http://www.SteveSantini.com
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I would love to see this. With Steve's experience and insights, it may not end up being the only one in the world, but I'm sure it will be the best one.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I saw some video of steve on a Canadian news program. Its amazing the amount of Houdini memorabilia he has. I hear Mr. X-Treem has even contributed to the new museum. With the combination for these collectors, it should be a very interesting landmark. I only hope they perform some publicity stunt in conjunction with the opening!
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Thank you both for the kind words!
While I do have a limited amount of Houdini material, (many Houdini collectors outstrip mine by a mile!), I have been blessed to acquire a great deal of material on other escapists of Houdini's period. You may not think it, but printed Houdini material is not all that rare, (depending of course on the item). This is because Harry was such a master self promoter and produced literally reams of printed material.

However, other vintage escapists who were not that well known naturally did not circulate as much material. Therefore, material on them is actually much more rare than Houdini ephemera. I am very pleased that The Escaporium will not dwell strictly on Houdini but will instead display and showcase many very rare artifacts from the other known and also little known escape artists from history.

Regards, Steve Santini.

BTW, Two special 3D Houdini items we will have on display which are rare and are not paper are a set of Bean Giant handcuffs he owned, (given to his friend Joe Dunninger), and a rare Siberian Cell padlock Houdini is seen pictured wearing in one of his most famous poses.

I almost forgot!
Shawn Ness has indeed donated to the museum two vintage booklets on handcuffs escapes. He has our thanks for his generous contribution.

If any of you out there have any escape artist related props or printed material you would consider donating I would sure like to hear from you! And, such material does not have to be old or vintage either. In fact, it can be modern and current; even a picture or article about yourself for instance! I cannot guarantee I will have room in the museum to display all of it but I will give it my very best try.

The purpose of The Escaporium is to illustrate the known history of performing escapology and to educate the public about the art of escape as well as it's practitioners. That means ALL of the history, not just old but current too.

I am creating this museum to celebrate and give exposure to the art and not just one particular performer.

Regards, Steve Santini

P.S. Anyone wanting to donate anything to the Escaporium museum can contact me odditorium1@rogers.com Thank you.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I wish I owned something worth donating. My stuff is all new/repro.

Steve,

While there are still copies around and before they are sold out, you should put one of each of your books in. They certainly have a place in that environment.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
For escapology book collectors, new to the collecting scene, to note (since the topic of Steve's books came up) Steve wrote two other books before the widely popular series that is available today. The were under the name Top Secret Magic

The first was Padlock: Top Secret Opening Techniques For Escapists the other Handcuffs: Top Secret Methods Of Escape

Later retitled and sold under the Simple Yet Effective... series through the now defunct escapology1.

I have both of the "Top Secret Magic" books which I believe to be quite rare.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Shawn,
Boy, are they ever! I don't even own any copies myself and cannot find the master whites in my files. Steve
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Those two books are great! I was very fortunate to have acquired them from Joe Tanner who has been slowly liquidating his stock. I just IMed Joe and he still has a few copies left. So anyone interested, get em while they last. You can Email him at JNPTAN@AOL.Com. Joe said it was OK for me to give it out and for anyone interested to contact him. The books list for about $22.00 each. Steve I already ordered you a copy of each. They should be arriving in the mail very soon.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Thank you Tony!
How odd and at the same time wonderful it is to be gifted a work one authored one's self and does not currently own a copy of. Rather strange and amusing! Thanks again, Steve Santini
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
I don't think he actually mentioned giving them to you as a gift... I think he intends to make you pay through the nose Steve Smile Smile Smile
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Yeah,
It would serve me right too for not keeping copies of my own work! Steve
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Thanks Tony, I'm glad I didn't pick up copies for Steve last night, which was the plan, I don't think he needs 2 copies of his work Smile

Shawn
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Oh Boy, that would have been funny. I'm glad you read my post before you picked up those copies Shawn. But you know what they say...."great minds think alike"

Tony
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » New Escaporium Article. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL