The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Blindman's Wallet by Menny Lindenfeld (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
[quote]On Dec 8, 2016, Bambu wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2016, pointprime wrote:
Tannens has the BMW on sale for $60. Picked one up yesterday. Love it!

Did you managed to fit credit cards or Id cards on the wallet's slots?

Credit cards or store loyalty cards will fit, but a little tight. Standard 3.5" wide business cards will not fit into the slots unless you cut the card's width down and plan leave them in place as props to fill the slots. Any additional cards for use with the effect I place in the bill section. I also made a magnetic gimmick to keep the gimmicked part in place so it doesn't flash the workings and only opens when needed.
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
[quote]On Dec 9, 2016, Taterini wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2016, Bambu wrote:
Quote:

Credit cards or store loyalty cards will fit, but a little tight. Standard 3.5" wide business cards will not fit into the slots unless you cut the card's width down and plan leave them in place as props to fill the slots. Any additional cards for use with the effect I place in the bill section. I also made a magnetic gimmick to keep the gimmicked part in place so it doesn't flash the workings and only opens when needed.

Good Idea.

I thing that the card's slots could be enlarged buy making a tiny cut at each slot's end using an X acto knife.
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
[quote]On Dec 9, 2016, Bambu wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2016, Taterini wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good Idea.

I thing that the card's slots could be enlarged buy making a tiny cut at each slot's end using an X acto knife.

You could do that but those little round cut out circles at the end of the slots are there for a reason, to keep the slot from tearing longer or in other directions on the ends. They cut leather slots this way when the slots are not hemmed along the edges to help reinforce the slot ends. If you cut the slits longer (through the round punched area) you run the risk of creating a stress point and if you're plan on taking cards in and out time after time you may possibly tear the leather at the ends of the slots which could wear through the leather in any direction... usually not the direction you intended.
pointprime
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of pointprime
[quote]On Dec 9, 2016, Taterini wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I got my credit cards and ID into the slots. Was tight, but once you get them in and work them around they fit better. Too snug, but it works.

What a great idea with the magnet gimmick! I just did that and it works great! Thanks for that.

Does anyone have any tips on getting the folded card into the compartment easier? I did the effect yesterday when it was very dark and I didn't get it in right so when I did the p**k I didn't see what you need to see. I had to take out the folded card and say some mumbo jumbo and put it back in. Still worked, but embarrassing.

Any tips or wallet modifications that help with getting the folded card in right?
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
How did you implement the magnet gimmick? Can anyone please PM me the details? Thanks.
pointprime
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of pointprime
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2016, shakuni wrote:
How did you implement the magnet gimmick? Can anyone please PM me the details? Thanks.

You put the card in the compartment in a certain way. Imagine there was a magnet at the top and the bottom of the folded card (short ends of the card). Just slide those magnets all the way to the ends.

Does that make sense?
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
I am not sure. Its not in the explanation video. or is it and I missed it?
pointprime
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of pointprime
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2016, shakuni wrote:
I am not sure. Its not in the explanation video. or is it and I missed it?

PM sent.
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Thanks a lot, Sir!
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Has anyone come up with an alternative way to do the load for the envelope or the card to wallet, because the one he teaches in the tutorial looks very awkward
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2019, cardistry master wrote:
Has anyone come up with an alternative way to do the load for the envelope or the card to wallet, because the one he teaches in the tutorial looks very awkward

I agree. I switched to a Stealth Assassin a couple of years ago for the reason you stated. The folding of the billet in the BMW is nice, but I've never found a spec for whom it made any difference.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
I have one of these for sale here https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=76 . If you are interested please pm me.
Fabio P
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
554 Posts

Profile of Fabio P
Still the most clever even after the arrival of new wallets with similar characteristic on the market (Viper and Blink)?
Any comparison among the wallet for a peek of a folded card?
Thanks/Fabio
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
[quote]On Nov 5, 2019, rosariorose9 wrote:
Quote:
The folding of the billet in the BMW is nice, but I've never found a spec for whom it made any difference.

I fully agree. My two favourites for a p••k are Blink and the White Dwarf.
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Late to the party, I know, but I had to add this: to make the inserting of the card into the "certain area' you should pre-fold the card about 2mm/ or 1/8" offset at the end, so that there is a bit of a "lip" that can be used to *funnel* the card in (if you get my drift).
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Folks, I'm having the same issue - I just received my wallet (purchases 2 weeks ago) and I still haven't seen the video - is there a link? A website? Can anyone share/help me?
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
[quote]On Apr 13, 2020, NeilS wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2019, rosariorose9 wrote:
Quote:
The folding of the billet in the BMW is nice, but I've never found a spec for whom it made any difference.

I fully agree. My two favourites for a p••k are Blink and the White Dwarf.

Neil, in 2015 you wrote 'I too agree that the folding of the card and then putting it out of play makes the subsequent revelation of what's on the card all the more remarkable.'

But now you say it doesn't matter to the audience? Has your change of heart come from performance experience?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Blindman's Wallet by Menny Lindenfeld (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL