The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pen OR Pencil by Mickael Chatelain (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1426 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2015, Saturn UK wrote:
Our original estimate was correct so we expect these to be with us in the UK on Monday.

Yep. Monday for MoM too.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2456 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
It looks like you get 1 gimmick ready made and some stuff to make more if you wish which will require you to buy something else but they are very cheap and easy to find.

Check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/paul-harris......ick.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1426 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
I let readers know where they can order new releases, and if there are ways to get special deals etc, but just like other magicians and dealers, I also answer a load of questions about the products, how useful they are, and my opinion on them. I notice you edited out all those parts in your quotes above.. Smile

If you look at the start of most threads in this section, often the people taking the time to answer questions and give information about the products in the early stages, are the dealers... Having dealers talking the time to answer questions seems to be well received in this section. Dealers are not Café staff, and not paid to help on here, so I think allowing them to post a product link within a longer post that gives information, opinion, or help to readers, is a fair exchange. Most of these threads tend to have several posts from readers asking when an item will ship, will it come with 'this or that', can it do... etc

Like most estabished shops, MoM runs paid adverts on the Café from time to time. It's spent thouands of dollars in Café banner advertising over the years, Dealers do contribute, both financially and, more importantly, with their attention and support to people that are asking questions.

Dealers answering those questions is a positive thing, and one of the main reasons this section is so alive.

Do people like being able to ask questions about new products in the lead up to release? Are many of the posts from dealers also useful for some people?

You decide...
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2015, barts185 wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2015, Fatgumbo wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2015, barts185 wrote:
So the effect which is shown at 1:16 can be done with what is delivered and won't require an additional purchase?

Expected To Be Released 12/10/2015

Is that October 12, or December 10?

no. you will need two gimmicks for that.
hence why Mickael wrote: imagine your own routines.

It also says, "Delivered complete and ready to go!", but if they don't include two gimmicks, you are not complete and ready to go and do what is shown in the trailer.

Good point. Slightly misleading advertising. We all know how this works, I'm surprised the dealers don't mention this.
trooth
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of trooth
So it's against the rules to point out when people break the rules?

My post pointing out the dealers are all blatantly spamming was deleted?

Can someone amend the rules sticky with something like:

"pointing out we let certain advertisers that give us $x a month to totally break the rules will result in your post being delted."

Thanks!
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
317 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Okay Saturnmagic has stated that you get extras with the DVD to make up some of your own.. so you can make up the second gimmick for yourself and do that transposition. Mickael is a honorable creator and would never deliberately deceive his customers.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2015, Fatgumbo wrote:
Mickael is a honorable creator and would never deliberately deceive his customers.

Really?!?! Obviously didn't follow the Hole 2.0 thread then with the 'deceiving' ad description of that effect
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
493 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Hi café members,

I'll play the devil's advocate here: my gf enjoys magic but she doesn't know how things are done...
I showed her the trailer 1x and she exactly figured out how it was done. If an effect doesn't even pass the gf test it's not for me

I like many of Mickael's effects but this one... No

Cheers
Nikki
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
Mickael
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Mickael
Hello Everybody !
Thanks to all for all your reviews ! It is my first magic trick without playing card ! and I choose this one because it is so visual !
Really easy to perform, the handling too !
You receive ALL PROPS to perform it (1 gimmick ready to go immediately, 3 others pens, "secret" gimmicks to make 3 new gimmicks yourself, really easy to do it, and explain how to do into the DVD, and a DVD french and english !)

Thanks to all magic shops all around the world to propose my Pen or Pencil !

If you have any questions, just ask me !

Mickael Chatelain
www.gimickmagic.com
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2015, Nikki78 wrote:
Hi café members,

I'll play the devil's advocate here: my gf enjoys magic but she doesn't know how things are done...
I showed her the trailer 1x and she exactly figured out how it was done. If an effect doesn't even pass the gf test it's not for me

I like many of Mickael's effects but this one... No

Cheers
Nikki

Thanks for the feedback Nikki, think I'll give this one a wide berth.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4237 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I think we all know how it is done,but performed the right way like any magic trick/illusion, then it can go down well,yes some girlfriends,wifes,lover's even our children at times catch us out,but hey ho.a lot do NOT,if of course you are good in what you do.
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of robfind
Wow, A p#####dle m###e , just like that half back/gold ring everyone hated a few months ago. SO angle sensitive.
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
317 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2015, robfind wrote:
Wow, A p#####dle m###e , just like that half back/gold ring everyone hated a few months ago. SO angle sensitive.

I don't see how you couldn't get 180 degrees with this trick. How are those angles poor? This is different to ash and ember.. The curvature of the ring makes the angles much more difficult to manage
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of robfind
You couldn't have anyone on the 180 degrees to your side or behind you. And you have to be very precise on the move or your edge will be seen. Anyone sitting down in front of you or taller can be a problem. Only 3 sides of the pen or pencil can be seen and you only have 6. Let the reviews come in. I won't be getting one.
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
Given that people still gasp at the "disappearing" printing on a single side printed pencil when I perform using a paddle move I don't think that the angles would be too hard to cover.
I love sponges
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4237 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2015, professorwho wrote:
Given that people still gasp at the "disappearing" printing on a single side printed pencil when I perform using a paddle move I don't think that the angles would be too hard to cover.

I am with you on this one,god the amount of times I pick up a pen at work and do the move to students,they are just baffled the writing has dissapeared,then when I bring it back I walk off watching them rub the pen,lol.
krowboom
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago area
436 Posts

Profile of krowboom
There is a big difference between making a little bit of printing disappear and making the whole pen or pencil disappear. I think angles are a big issue. I'm also waiting for the reviews on this by those who have it and have performed with it.
magicianhelpingmagicians
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magicianhelpingmagicians
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2015, krowboom wrote:
There is a big difference between making a little bit of printing disappear and making the whole pen or pencil disappear. I think angles are a big issue. I'm also waiting for the reviews on this by those who have it and have performed with it.

As we all know how this works, I don't think you need to wait for reviews.

If you perform for a camera, it is brilliant. If you perform for real people, not so much. Angles and having to switch out the gaff when all the heat is on it means it's not something I'll be buying.

Hope that is helpful.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1104 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Just received this and I like it.

Angles are actually nicely controlled so no issues there. Michael shows a clean up where you can hand out both pen & pencil but I'll stick with putting both back into my inside pocket from whence they came and then if anyone asks to see them it's a simple matter to execute the necessary switch.

Vanishink by Jay Sankey employed a similar idea and that always got a good reaction. I will use Pen or Pencil. Mild crowd and angle control is all you need and I do mean mild.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1683 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Mine has arrived.
Looking forward to having a look after work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pen OR Pencil by Mickael Chatelain (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL