The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Word Smyth by Francis Menotti (as seen on Fool Us) (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
938 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
This was another pre-launch product I got to play around with at the Vanishing Inc booth while at Genii. For those of you who aren't familiar with the routine, here it is:

This one is great. The method is SUPER simple, you can pick it up in under five minutes. You get everything you need in this really nice box, with the exception of a scrabble dictionary. This is something else I'll be putting into my next show. The word revealed is different than the one on Fool Us, but it would be really simple to change that. The props are very well made and should last you pretty much forever. No idea when this will be released to the public as it's not on their site yet, but I would grab this one if you can!
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
MagicalEducator
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of MagicalEducator
This is a nice routine that he demo'd at his recent lecture. Glad to see that it's now available.
Voted "Canada's Most Inspirational Magician"
Check out my column
"Magic is Education" @
www.VanishMagazine.com
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
745 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
I searched with out luck? Can someone put the link to where I can get this. Thanks Mike
Magician, Mentalist, Entertainer.

www.mikebelieve.com
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
591 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
It hasn't been released to magic distributors yet.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1935 Posts

Profile of ted french
I bought this. I am very pleased with everything although I wish there was a way to customize the reveal. Great product, great value.
P3
practice practice perform.
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
938 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2015, ted french wrote:
I bought this. I am very pleased with everything although I wish there was a way to customize the reveal. Great product, great value.

Ted shoot me a PM and I'll help you out with that!
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
Hey guys!

This will be out very soon!

We did a little pre release at the Genii convention and the response was overwhelming!

So excited for the full release happening very soon!

-Kyle
We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
679 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Didn't Corinda put out an item using this principle?
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
Any news as to when this will be released?
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2015, Jonathan1000 wrote:
Any news as to when this will be released?

It will launch next week!
We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
Wardy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
193 Posts

Profile of Wardy
I loved this as soon as I saw it.Just hoping I don't have to use the same word every time.
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
Hey friends!

Just got the confirmation at WordSmyth will be released this Monday November 9th!

-Kyle
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1165 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Very, very clever!
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
Hey friends!

WordSmyth by Francis Menotti is now available!

We are very proud to present Francis Menotti's hit effect, which just fooled Penn & Teller. Wordsmyth is mentalism with fascinating props and an intriguing plot.

In an amazing coincidence, a spectator randomly selects a word from a dictionary as participants take randomly selected Scrabble tiles from a net bag. These tiles are formed into any word...that perfectly matches the prediction.

Like all of Francis's work, this is everything we love about great magic. He has spent years refining the presentation and method, he has chosen an offbeat premise, and he has whittled it down to the potent essentials. It is, truly, a worker.

What do you get, you ask? Everything. You get the forcing bag, the necessary Scrabble tiles, the custom made tray for the tiles (which has the slickest switching device you can imagine built into it), the fake-tip pencil, and the perfect storage case to keep the props together. You also get a DVD detailing every aspect of the trick and presentation. The only thing you need to supply is a soft-back book or dictionary.

Is it hard to do? Not at all. This is one that you can insert into your parlor show to add something truly unique and different.

What if I'm performing in another language? Bueno! Bien! Gut! We have decals available upon request so you can force words in German, Spanish, and French. You can choose these when you add the product to your cart.

"If you like to stupefy, mystify, and flabbergast your audiences, then you will definitely want this lexical trick which will amuse, delight, charm, and entertain the most discriminating crowds (not to mention deceive, fool, and hoodwink them)."
John Lovick

Here's a quick Q&A to answer some of your questions!
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Can you pick the word shown in the reveal.
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1946 Posts

Profile of Daren
Can this say be done for large tables at a wedding or large table at a restaurant?
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2015, Daren wrote:
Can this say be done for large tables at a wedding or large table at a restaurant?

100%

I feel like this would be great for that, it would be the perfect amount of time and have a nice build to a killer ending!
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2015, randyburtis wrote:
Can you pick the word shown in the reveal.

We deliberately included a different word to the one on the trailer (and on Francis’ Fool Us performance). It is not easy to switch out different words, but we don’t feel like this is a trick you would repeat as such. If you ever want to permanently switch your force word we do have a few replacement gimmicks with another word and would be happy to help
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Can you tell us the word. I only ask because I do a lot of message magic and if that word can link into some teaching point that is an added bonu
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Add an "s" tile at the end for a bonus word. Lol
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Word Smyth by Francis Menotti (as seen on Fool Us) (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL