The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Tesla. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The engine warranty is for infinity miles.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am just getting the base model. Not the Ludicrous Speed 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds thing.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
How about I pay 1 quarter of the list price and they give me a 1 quarter infinity warranty.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
I am just getting the base model. Not the Ludicrous Speed 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds thing.

The cost is subjective. I just know that I could never spend a lot on a car; a RV sure.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
The Model S imo has to be one of the nicest looking cars I've ever seen in my entire life
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2015, Salguod Nairb wrote:
How about I pay 1 quarter of the list price and they give me a 1 quarter infinity warranty.

LOL
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2015, lunatik wrote:
The Model S imo has to be one of the nicest looking cars I've ever seen in my entire life

Only real problem I have is the interior. At 6'4" and 260 I do fit into it despite my gorilla proportions. But the center console display is 17". Way to big for my taste and distracting. It can fortunately be dimmed! It has sensors that do it on its own at night but it is just too much video for me.

The new auto pilot feature actually will change lanes and park for you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
My questions (maybe you don't have the answers, but I'll run 'em by you anyway):

How long do batteries last (and how well do they fare in cold weather)?

How long does a charge last (average miles)?

How much does a full charge cost (IOW, how does the per-mile cost compare to an ICE)?

Does the cost of the vehicle offset the cost to operate compared to a traditional ICE vehicle?

How do you "fill 'er up" on road trips (are there service stations/filling stations)?

Is the "fully loaded" (how comfortable is it)?

What type of maintenance is there?

Thanks in advance. (I, too, thought this would be about Tesla the man)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Batteries last for over 10 years.

Depending on the model you get as little as 270 miles per charge. More in the city.

It is s 110 outlet, tales longer than 220. 6 hours to fully charge on 110 but about 45 on the other. They actually have more charging stations than you suspect.

Yes it offsets but when where and how long I am not sure. It is VERY comfortable.

Breaks are about as much maintenance as there is.

They have cold weather packages.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
So it's more of a "around town" vehicle? I can't imagine taking a vacation where you'd have to stop after 250 miles and wait a night. I think I remember seeing ONE charging station recently. Of course, I don't look for them, but it stood out to me because I have never seen them. But do you have to hang out for several hours to fill your tank?

In my sci-fi mind, I always imagined electric "gas" stations to be something where you exchanged your batteries and went on your way.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Did you expect that step to happen all at once or gradually?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I feel I have finally reached maturity as not once did I throw in an extension cord joke.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Sure it is a nice car, but how does it handle in a Zombie Apocalypse?
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2015, lunatik wrote:

Only real problem I have is the interior. At 6'4" and 260 I do fit into it despite my gorilla proportions. But the center console display is 17". Way to big for my taste and distracting. It can fortunately be dimmed! It has sensors that do it on its own at night but it is just too much video for me.

The new auto pilot feature actually will change lanes and park for you.

I think 17" might be a tad too big for me too. But maybe it'll grow on ya?
The auto pilot feature sounds awesome. It would probably take me a bit having it do it without me worrying if it's going to hit something lol

Congrats man on being in the position to be able to afford one, it's a testament to your hardwork, dedication and perseverance to see it to the end. Very very happy for you!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The display has a blackout feature. Fortunately.

I can't use cruise control much less that auto pilot!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
If I'm on the highway for an extended period of time, I do like using cruise control. I'm leery of the rear facing cameras and sensors that tell you how much further you can back up before bumping into another car!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Never use them personally.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
The rear sensors are quite useful in parking lots, where families tend to push their grocery carts every which way without looking first.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Did you expect that step to happen all at once or gradually?

I think that most major societal changes happen quickly rather than slowly over time. I don't even know if what I mentioned is even a workable concept, it's just the way I imagined it. I also imagine cars being controlled by wires embedded in the road like a slotless slot car, but that's not happening either.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The electric motor used is similar tech to slot car motors.

You do know the very first cars were almost indistinguishable from what we drive now right? Airplanes, computers, video tech, phones and so on ALL were developed gradually.

Name one major social change that was introduced in the final form for me. I can't think of one. They are introduced and keep evolving. It is selling the different incarnations that allows them to finance the evolution of the products. It is the business model. Unless of course got are typing on a 386 computer. Heck my phone is probably more powerful than the computer that was used to land on the moon!

Heck technically the buggy was the first car. Trains are different, buildings are different. Do you still have a phone the size of a shoe box?

Really all these things are gradual.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Tesla. (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL