The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » NLDS - What do y'all think? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Apparently the Mets are favored tonight: the odds are 150 for the Dodgers, 135 for the Mets.

What do y'all think?

I have a couple of dinners riding on this. At the Castle.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Dodgers are favored at -150 (have to risk 150 to win a hundred). Mets +135 underdogs (risk 100; win 135). Splitting the difference, the Sodgers would have about a 59-41 edge (142.5/242.5). Between the home field advantage (54-46 between evenly matched teams) and Greinke on the hill, that sounds about right.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Dodgers will win I think. But I would love to see the Mets. Would be great to watch the Cubs clobber them.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I think that it's hard to win game 5 when you leave 6,000 runners on base.

Congratulations to the Mets!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It will be fun to watch. Also it saves me from an ill conceived Cubs vs Dodgers wager!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2015, S2000magician wrote:
I think that it's hard to win game 5 when you leave 6,000 runners on base.

Congratulations to the Mets!

Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I love it when a base is stolen on a walk! Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It was fun and unexpected to see the Cubs best the Cardinals. Definately one round further than I expected this yeear at least.

As for how they match up with the Mets not so sure. Arietta obviously will need a a much better game 2 outing than his last appearance. Hopefully that was a fluke.

Hopefully the team didn't peak to soon for the Cardinals.

I will say win or lose each team had great seasons and post seasons with plenty to hold their heads high about. Yes even the Mets!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
You were pretty sure several posts back that the Cubs were going to "clobber" the Mets if the Mets got past the Dodgers. Not so sure now, huh? Smile

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You have no idea. Just being in a discussion involving the Cubs playing the third week of October is an unusual feeling!

Sure or not sure doesn't matter. Thinking they will win a 7 game series is rooted more in hope than expectation. But it is fun just to talk about.

The Dodgers reference was a call back to a wager Bill and I had worry the Blackhawks and Kings I lost.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Cubs and Mets battling it out! Shades of 1969!

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ooooo don't say that!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
You have no idea. Just being in a discussion involving the Cubs playing the third week of October is an unusual feeling!

Sure or not sure doesn't matter. Thinking they will win a 7 game series is rooted more in hope than expectation. But it is fun just to talk about.

The Dodgers reference was a call back to a wager Bill and I had worry the Blackhawks and Kings I lost.

I get it; just messin' with you. And it IS good to see the Cubbies in the post season, but Lobo is spot on with his shades of '69. And you're right, it's been a great season for the Cubs and the Mets. I thought it'd be Kansas City and St. Louis slugging it out in the Series with flashbacks to the 1985 I-70 series, but half of that one is gone. The other half is still going strong. It's been a fun year. It'll be a great series no matter who goes there. That said, Go Mets! Smile

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Mets do have a heck of a squad.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
For the first time in a long stretch.

Their pitching depth is as good as it was in 1986 when they had five good starters and two great closers, a lefty and a righty. I'm still fearful of Harvey going too far with this. I couldn't believe Collins kept him in for the eighth. But Harvey's no quitter either. Tomorrow should be fun with Syndegard; he's just a fun pitcher to watch. He's got a killer fastball, but can also make mistakes. Arrieta could spell trouble for the Mets. Gonna he a good game either way.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Arietta is showing some serious vulnerability.
Between that and stealing home runs it could be ugly.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
When you type, "y'all" are you being serious?
Im not being rude here, just wondering if you're kidding. Do people actually write y'all in America as though it was a real word?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
You mean as if it were in the dictionary or something? http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/y%27all

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oops.

Maybe if we followed it with "eh" (Or however that is spelled in Canada.) after every sentence it would make you feel better?

Here is a wiki reference if it makes you feel better. Not certain how many of ya'll care.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y%27all
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
What do I think? I think the Mets just clobbered" the Cubs! Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » NLDS - What do y'all think? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL