The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Osterlind BCS -- More? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
I enjoy Osterlind's BCS and find it easy enough to use. I have his book that contains a few good routines. Are there other resources for routines with BCS?
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
Indiana
321 Posts

Profile of The_MetalMaster
Have you memorized the deck? if not, do! so many miracles that can be created from a memorized deck Smile
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
325 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
Later kind himself has additional effects. Plus a pub on memorizing his BCS. Once done as recommended above there are books and books to explore.
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
325 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
Darn auto correct. Osterlind himself has additional materials
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2015, The_MetalMaster wrote:
Have you memorized the deck? if not, do! so many miracles that can be created from a memorized deck Smile

Since there is nothing built in to this stack except the ability to calculate the next card, far better to memorize some other stack with built in features. I am a user of BCS because it is an easy calculation and looks somewhat random.
JBSmith1978
View Profile
Veteran user
NY
389 Posts

Profile of JBSmith1978
I don't think it would be too hard to look at BCS and find effects that are built in. That's basically what Tamariz and others did with his stack. Many just take advantage of the fact it's a partially dovetail shuffled halved mirror stack.

Aronson is pretty interesting just for the poker stack. There were many routines built on that one stack alone(before A Stack to Remember was published).

Best,
Jed
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2015, JBSmith1978 wrote:
I don't think it would be too hard to look at BCS and find effects that are built in.

Best,
Jed

If you find one please share.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Osterlind BCS -- More? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL