We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September & October 2015 entrée: The Jack - Jorge García » » Techniques for engaging an audience » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Hi Jack! I know that you will have some interesting ideas and concepts to talk about this question:

How do you engage an audience? How you create something interesting for them? and, what are your personal techniques to engage an audience during your performance?

Todo lo mejor amigo!
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
The Jack
View Profile
V.I.P.
228 Posts

Profile of The Jack
Great question! let s start with one situation and later I ll be adding many more.

You arrive to a cocktail, you have to perform and the people is talking with each other, using their phones having their drinks, music is loud atc. You do not have a presenter so the logical move would be you enter the stage and you start talking and asking "please look over here there is going to be a show etc..."

I think when this happens is better to ask for the dj to cut the music, then you enter stage and just stand there in silence looking at your audience, scanning them with a smile, like waiting. What happens is that when their start to notice the absence of music they discover they were talking very loud so they lower they voice but they also notice something is happening, some people start o notice you, they start to turn towards you and they will make silence. that's the moment you say "good evening".

Silence is powerfull and if you as a performer can stand silence you have the control of the room.
Sam Hagen
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Sam Hagen
Incredible idea. I used to do this when delivering presentation in a classroom when I was on high school. Never thought that silence can become so strong on stage as well. Smile
May you live in interesting times.
The Jack
View Profile
V.I.P.
228 Posts

Profile of The Jack
I have stopped traffic in London or gather 200 people around me in Istambul and have many many examples of achieving this just standing in silence with my right hand high on air and on the other doing the "Haunted Key" very very slowly. By the way as I speak spanish in Madrid I ve tried to speak to the people passing by and they usually said "No thank you I do not have money etc" so I used this "silence" kind of think again and yes I was able to build a crowd in no more than 20 seconds.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September & October 2015 entrée: The Jack - Jorge García » » Techniques for engaging an audience » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL