We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September & October 2015 entrée: The Jack - Jorge García » » Opener » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Javi Noriega
View Profile
New user
Madrid (Spain)
26 Posts

Profile of Javi Noriega
I'd lime to know your thinking about openers, both on stage and when doing stroll magic.
How do you think your perfect opener should look like?
Many thanks in advance, Jorge
The Jack
View Profile
V.I.P.
228 Posts

Profile of The Jack
Hi Javi,

Regarding Stage I think the most important thing is YOU. Audiences wants to know you and about you (believe it or not) so you should not need a trick to be interesting there or to get the attention. I Also consider que even if you have a presenter or not you have to give time people to get use to you. They are still in their worlds, in their last conversation, sending the last message in their phones, etc. So if you enter stage and just introduce yourself and perform a relaxed routine that allows you to talk about things you are interested in, you are ok. You have the rest of the show to perform the strongest pieces. I try always to start simple and let the audience enter my world.BTW the routine should be simple, clear, visual and direct.

There s also a secret to start building your audience since the beginning and that is to ask a couple of questions (they should be "yes" and "no" answers). Try to use engaging question like "I have some mysteries to share do you want to experience them yes or no?". If not all of them answer ask again rising your voice a bit, This is the moment you are starting to command the audience. The questions always makes the people think the answer even if they do not do it aloud and at least in that moment everyone is thinking in your show.

For Stroll magic I approach the people and introduce myself and as I m doing so I do cold reading. I do not explain anything I just star to talk and try to find out who is who in the group. People feels that you are intuitive and believe me they love that conversation because is about THEM. And again once I ve talked and know everybody in the group I do a simple routine like B´wave, Which Hand, Spoon Bending. This will depend of what s coming from that initial conversation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September & October 2015 entrée: The Jack - Jorge García » » Opener » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL