The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best No Palmm Card to Wallet (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2016, TheAmbitiousCard wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:
Learning to palm well is no small effort.

The effort compared with the bang-for-the-buck utility of the palm is quite small, in my opinion.

Absolutely. But it does take quite a bit to palm correctly.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
You know people might cringe at this but I actually use and have used just two double backed cards in my wallet. I carry one red and one blue so that I'm ready for either deck I would normally use.
I then place them into a Himber wallet that I got at a much lower price than most CTW wallets cost.
Truthfully laymen can't really tell the difference as far as method. Plus it's really a no fuss easy way to do it.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1258 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
[Heads-up, necropost.]

Definitely as Chuck states! It's a great method to use. Palming isn't always the best method.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
And in most cases it is.

Ones ability to execute a method does not mean it is less effective.

Palming a card is something that once you can do it well opens up literally thousands of effects.

I get it that many are too scared to learn. Yes you will get caught at first. Even down the road you will get busted from time to time and most don't want to go through that.

It still does not soak to how effective it is in the right hands.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
"Most cases" is variable although I do admit that getting caught can be fun as you re-attempt the effect and add misdirection while literally palming again and it flies right by them. Another is palming a different card and letting them catch you a second time only to produce their card elsewhere.

Let's not forget the pre-palm method in which you palm a card to add to the top of the pack after the spec. replaces their signed (or not signed) selection. Now you may proceed to place the top card in your pocket with the spec. believing that is their selection. Since the palming part is over at this point you are free to position their actual signed selection anywhere you choose even while palming it with reduced heat.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Or you could just learn how to do it.

It is about what is right for the individual.

It has always astounded me that magicians will spend forever learning an Ascanio Spread or some display and are scared of the palm.

Do whatever works for you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
FrankFindley
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
I've been using Chris Moore's Reverse Osmosis for over a decade now in addition to other methods. It is 100% angle proof so a good option for tight, surrounded situations. In the case where arthritis prevents palming, it might be worth trying as it doesn't require fine motor skills but rather larger movements

It can be seen here as Chris demos an ambitious card sequence:

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Nice video.

It raises a question I've had for a long time. Does anyone really think a triple cut is deceptive?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1010 Posts

Profile of John Martin
The triple cut, while I agree is not that deceptive, is less troubling to me then the flippy floppy of the deck and the wallet at the end. Which looks terribly suspicious.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2021, FrankFindley wrote:
I've been using Chris Moore's Reverse Osmosis for over a decade now in addition to other methods. It is 100% angle proof so a good option for tight, surrounded situations. In the case where arthritis prevents palming, it might be worth trying as it doesn't require fine motor skills but rather larger movements

Great performance, Frank! Thank You for sharing. Some of us with only two eyes are still fascinated by those moves.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2021, John Martin wrote:
The triple cut, while I agree is not that deceptive, is less troubling to me then the flippy floppy of the deck and the wallet at the end. Which looks terribly suspicious.

Yep.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best No Palmm Card to Wallet (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL