The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What is the best Torn & Restored Card? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21775 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I am looking to only purchase the very best Torn & Restored card currently on the market. It seems there are quite a few and they all say they are the best.

I do not care if it has to be set ahead of time if the effect is in the miracle class. By this I mean that it still can be carried on your person and pulled out or off the deck to perform. If it can be signed and given to the spectator that is okay too.

I am only interested in the complete restoration. Can be done close up and nearly surrounded? If it can be transferred to a business card or photo that is great.

Please post your choice and the Internet page for the reference.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1482 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Go in "the secret sessions" forum and take a look at the post "torn + restored?" (1st page of the forum at this moment). I think everything you need is in there.
Jonathan P.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21775 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Jonathan,

No that is not my question. I want solid opinions and references.

If someone has more then one, I would appreciate a comparison.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16926 Posts

Profile of joseph
I have these:
Paul Harris version
Torn
Ripped and Restored
Reparation
Reformation
Although these are all good, I prefer Torn.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
DADE
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland/Highlands.
166 Posts

Profile of DADE
I"d personally go for either J.C Wagner's "Torn and Restored Card," or Guy Hollingworth's "Reformation."

DADE,
Only when you've lost everything,are you free to do anything
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10592 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
The bottom line is which one is best for you.
They all have their strengths and weaknesses. Some effects are piece by piece; others are a flash restoration. Some effects work best in a parlour; others are for walk around. I can tell you the ones that I have worked with of recent:

1. One Tear At a Time by JC Wagner
2. Reporation by John Lovick
3. Quaterley Returns by David Eldridge
4. Hoodwink by B. Harris
5. Torched and Restored by B. Braun
6. Warped and Restored by V. Marini

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1358 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
This will answer what you are looking for I hope:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=37
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
For those who are members over at Magic Video Depot, I think this is a brilliant Torn & Restored routine (great finale!). Not sure which version this is:

http://www.magicvideodepot.com/view.php?a=v&t=1901
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
mbkorn
View Profile
New user
Jupiter, FL
66 Posts

Profile of mbkorn
My vote is for Torched & Restored. Practical, easy to do...Real world, "workers version."
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Well I know the Hollingworth (Reformation), JC Wagner (One Tear at a Time), Paul Harris (Ultimate Rip Off) and David Acer's Variation of the Harris routine.

The Hollingworth routine is probably the most visual of the 4, with a piece by piece restoration more visual than the others. The Wagner routine doesn't have a visual restoration, whereas the Harris and Acer versions do, yet not as clear as the Hollingworth routine.
They can be found in the following books:
Reformation - Drawing Room Deceptions
One Tear at a Time- 7 Secrets
Ultimate Rip Off- Art of Astonishment Vol.1
The Acer Routine- Natural Selections Vol. 2

My personal favourite is the Acer routine, but Reformation is by far the most magic looking.
Owen
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18565 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I watched Torched and Restored, and IMHO it is sooooo good... and soooo easy to do. Every move is covered.

I plan to buy it myself after having searched and seen so many others.

Simplicity is so important, yet this one has some cool convincers.
:bikes:
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
anthonyb
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of anthonyb
1. Yes, NeoMagic whoever you are [I think this CB type handles for names practice is so stupid (not you Neo; the principle). Why can't we use real names?!!!] I agree that T&Ron Magic Video looks excellent. A bit like DeCova's but cleaner. I worked out a handling for walkaround for DeCova's where it is difficult to keep the gimmick. I told him and he disinterestedly replied, "I only do this on televison." Any more ideas on this one? Many of the comments are in Spanish, the language of the performer, unfortunately for me.

2. Pete- does the Torched & R actually use fire as in the name?
Anthony Brahams
www.thecairnpress.com
magicjosh2
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester. UK.
134 Posts

Profile of magicjosh2
Anthony,
You can watch the video for torched and restored over at penguin magic.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=204
It's a very clean routine and yes it does use fire to fuse the card into complete restoration.
Best Wishes,
Mark
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5256 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Stand-up: Torn.

Close-up: Torched and Restored.
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
Daniel Garcia's Torn is on the top of my list.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Torched & Restored (Brent Braun)

Wink-Wink (Ben Harris)

And most likely (soon to be) Reformation by Guy Hollinworth.

Quote:
On 2004-02-26 10:01, NeoMagic wrote:
For those who are members over at Magic Video Depot, I think this is a brilliant Torn & Restored routine (great finale!). Not sure which version this is:
http://www.magicvideodepot.com/view.php?a=v&t=1901

I've seen this somewhere before. Does anyone know the source?
~joeKing
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5256 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
JoeKing, it was marketed, but I don't recall the name of the effect...anyone?

Larry
leefoley3
View Profile
Elite user
Texas
402 Posts

Profile of leefoley3
Quote:
On 2004-02-26 13:45, anthonyb wrote:...I think this CB type handles for names practice is so stupid...Why can't we use real names?
Breaker, Breaker 1-9, Check out my handle. You copy good buddy? Come back... Lee.

P.S. Larry has a cool C.B. Handle. So do many others here at the Café. The choice to remain anonymous is up to you. Smile

As far as the topic at hand I favor J.C. Wagoner's "One Tear At A Time" and "Quarterly Returns" by David Eldridge as Vinny mentioned above. Both are different and excellent and I don't regret buying either one of them. I've only messed with two others in the past and can't recall either of those. They're in the book collection somewhere around here... Good luck, Lee.
In December of '06 I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. One in a million people worldwide are diagnosed with this type of cancer annually. Sarcomas account for 1% of all cancers. Knowledge is power!
MagicianJ
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of MagicianJ
Torched And Restored gets my vote.

However, do consider Ripped and Restored. The Jay Sankey one is quite good when used on laymen.
dog
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of dog
My favorite is Guy Hollingworth's, but I don't perform this yet as I haven't quite perfected all the moves.

I also like the JC Wagner version on Ammars ETMCM 5, but is this the same as 'One tear at a Time' which is mentioned above?

My only problem with this version is that the spectator only sees you tear the card half way down the width, then fold in half and tear in half lengthways, which wouldn't leave you with the 4 quarters that you claim to have. It's not really a big deal but if anyone can offer any help on this I'd be grateful.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What is the best Torn & Restored Card? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL