The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A bent shell on scotch and soda (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
My shell is bent, I believe, on my Scotch and Soda. The half .50 and English penny do not fit into the shell well. It clicks and one almost has to force it in. How does one fix this?
Most magically yours,
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3027 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Force the insert in, squeeze it in tightly, bang it back out, repeat 20 times or so, it should loosen up.

To really loosen it up to the point of where it may not "lock" over the insert

To loosen the shell, take a silk, fold it in half and place it over the insert and force the shell over the insert. Next pull the silk halves apart thus popping the shell off the insert.

That will really start to loosen it.

If you need to re-tighten it, roll the shell on its edge on a hard surface like tile.
Click to visit:
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Thanks.
Most magically, and greatfully, yours,
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Hannes
View Profile
New user
Germany
83 Posts

Profile of Hannes
Hi,
I had the same problem with my Scotch and Soda set. I took a very fine nail-file or emery paper (I'm not sure about the right words in English, sorry) and rubbed the coin one time very lightly around with the paper. After this it fits. Hope I could help
Hannes
Dante King
View Profile
New user
California, USA
36 Posts

Profile of Dante King
I had the same problem, but I took a wooden dowel, tap hammer and a thick piece of
cardboard and "hammered" out the bends using the flat end and the round edge to reshape the edge a bit.
Dante
Indocilis Privata Loqui!
www.danteking.com
Downloadable Magic
Chat
Teaching Videos
magicmanr
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of magicmanr
Whenever my S&S shell bends (which they all do in time) I place a dowel in the center shell, and hammer the curvature out of the shell...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A bent shell on scotch and soda (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL