We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Looking for info on a magician from the 1951 directory of magicians (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
545 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
I am trying to find out any information I can find about a late magician from Downey, CA named Alfred Overacker.

I purchased an antique zombie ball and learned that it came from the estate of a member of The Magic Castle by the name of Alfred Overacker.

It's not mandatory that I find this information. However, this magician is long passed on, and I would love to learn something...anything about him, now that I have his zombie ball displayed in my bedroom.

This magician's name is in the 1951 directory of magicians, but it's just a name and general location.

If anyone can help me further my exploration, please let me know how.

Cheers,
Race Blakhart
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
725 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
Race:

The "Directory of Magicians" is a great reference, for very general information....but for more details I'd suggest having you or someone access the files on the main magic trade magazines (MUM, Genii, Linking Ring) - and look for any articles or mentions of him....and of course an Obituary mention.

I don't have that access, otherwise I'd help.
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
545 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Moxahalla, thanks! that's a great lead, and it's a LOT more than I had to go on before your reply. haha I will see what I can do with that info. I'm sure I can use it to my advantage, somehow.

Thanks again!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Looking for info on a magician from the 1951 directory of magicians (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL