The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Invisible Eye (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mbkorn
View Profile
New user
Jupiter, FL
66 Posts

Profile of mbkorn
Is anyone familiar with Dennis Marks' "The Invisible Eye?"

Thanks.
Mark Strivings
View Profile
V.I.P.
290 Posts

Profile of Mark Strivings
I am a huge fan of The Invisible Eye and I think it's a work of genius. There have been other threads here about it, but it has been quite awhile since this turned up. Suffice to say, if you do ANYTHING with playing cards you would be a fool NOT to use the Invisible Eye.

There are other products out there that do approximately the same thing in concept, but none of them even come close to doing it in as sly and 'invisible' a manner. This is a worker in every sense of the word. You can do Out Of This World with a regular spectator shuffled deck. Have a card selected and know what it is before the spectator does. Secretly glimpse any form of information (like a playing cards identity, etc.). No sleight of hand. Nothing to add or take away. It's a thing of beauty.

Highly recommended. I may still have a couple on hand if anyone is interested. Drop me a note at MarkyApril@aol.com if I can be of assistance.

Mark
Mark Strivings is the owner of the largest all-mentalism mail order supply business in the world, "Mental Connections", carrying materials not available anywhere else. For complete info, drop Mark a line at MarkyApril@aol.com
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
"The Invisible Eye" is great indeed.

You will need to be aware of light and angles.

It’s a clever concept and, as Mark said, if you are into cards you can do a thousand things with it.
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
I will also second and third the comments already here...an excellent device.

Best thoughts,

John Smetana
marky707
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of marky707
Hi Mark,
I would like to purchase one from you. Can you PM me and let me know if you still have some left? Thanks
Stefan Behrens
View Profile
New user
Hamwarde, Germany
38 Posts

Profile of Stefan Behrens
Hi Mark,
Can you PM me too ßß
Thanks
Stefan Behrens
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Surely, surely Boris Wild's marked deck is much more versatile, easier to read the card, more durable and equally undetectable. A far cheaper option and a whole lot better in my opinion.

jimesw
Mark Strivings
View Profile
V.I.P.
290 Posts

Profile of Mark Strivings
The above is true to a point. But there are several huge advantages to using the IE, not the least of which is that you can use it with any $2 deck of cards.

The Wild deck is something you're probably not going to be throwing away anytime soon. Durability is not an issue with the IE. I've been using my original IE for years and it still works like a champ. As long as you take good basic care of it, it should work just fine for a very long time. Plus, with the IE, you can use it in conjunction with other materials. Ever tried to get a secret glimpse of written material using a marked deck?

No sarcasm intended here, but the comparison is really apples and oranges. These are two very different tools which can have some overlapping uses, but most certainly are not interchangable, or substitute-able (is that a word?) for each other by any means.

I do have an issue with the Wild deck and Ted Lesley's intellectual property. Which is why I use the Lesley deck and wouldn't touch the Wild deck. But that's just me and another discussion for another thread (which has already been beaten to death, so let's not rehash it again, ok?)

Mark
Mark Strivings is the owner of the largest all-mentalism mail order supply business in the world, "Mental Connections", carrying materials not available anywhere else. For complete info, drop Mark a line at MarkyApril@aol.com
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
I can only echo what Mark has said. The IE does make possible some delightfully deceptive card work, BUT it can also be used in conjunction with other materials and non-card routines, assuming that your set is a mix of card and non-card effects. If you want to know what someone has just drawn on the back of your business card, for example, you could do a lot worse than use the IE.

Or why not mix the two? Get someone to just THINK of a card, and write its name on the back of a business card for later verification, as well as any name that means something to their heart. Now, pick up your deck of cards and you can successfully divine the correct card. "That's a demonstration using physical, tangible materials such as cards, and where the choice is 1 in 52. Just a warm-up test that we seem to have the required rapport for this kind of work. But of course, the name you've written could be almost anything, and for this experiment I will work with nothing except your mind, your heart and your belief." Then you can pluck the name out of thin air. Two big hits, and with no apparent explanation.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Does anyone still market this? I'd be interested in possibly purchasing one in the future.

Jonathan Grant
mbkorn
View Profile
New user
Jupiter, FL
66 Posts

Profile of mbkorn
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
They're sold by Neil Lester (Cards by Martin). Try http://www.cardsbymartin.com/site.htm
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
With the passing of BOTH Dennis Marks (the creator of the Invisible Eye) and Neil "Cards by Martin Lester" who manufactured it, the gimmick has not been available since September 2009. As one of the early owners and long time users of an IE (since 1996) I was able to track down the heir to Dennis' estate and have just concluded the purchase of exclusive ownership and all rights to the Invisible Eye and associated instructions, including its manufacture and sales. I have made only a minor modification to its construction and have reprinted Dennis' original instruction booklet with some added commentary and historical information and am pleased to announce that Dennis Marks' "Invisible Eye" is once again available to the magic and mentalist community. I personally make each gimmick by hand. The cost of the gimmick and updated instruction booklet (you provide your own deck of cards) is only $45 postpaid in the US and Canada (just $5 more than it cost when introduced in 1996) -- add $3 for overseas. Payment via PayPal to gr8magik@aol.com or by check or money order to:

R. A. Christian
8612 Beaver Pond Lane
Fairfax Station, Virginia 22039-2702
USA

Orders are normally mailed within 48 hours of receipt of payment.

If you REALLY want to blow someone's mind, I can provide a new SEALED (seal and cellophane wrapper intact) deck of cards with the Invisible Eye pre-installed for $65. Please specify red or blue standard poker size Bicycle or Bee deck and allow up to 2-3 weeks for delivery.

In order to maintain at least some degree of exclusivity, the Invisible Eye will NOT be wholesaled to dealers, but will only be available directly from me.

Send a PM if you have any questions or need additional information.
Dick Christian
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
For those not familiar with the "Invisible Eye," it is a powerful utility gimmick the uses of which are limited only by one's imagination. Just one of the many miracles possible -- and the one that "fooled Paul Curry" when Dennis Marks performed it for him -- is the ability to do Curry's own classic "Out Of This World," impromptu, with ANY borrowed and shuffled (by the spectator) deck of cards with no sleights, "moves" or manipulation required. Other possibilities include design duplication, effects with ESP or Tarot Cards, Runes, etc.
Dick Christian
ambassador365
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of ambassador365
I want one... Are they still available in spite of the unfortunate passing of Dick Christian?
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Yes they are available. From memory, I'm pretty certain it was Tony Razzano that sells these.

He's a member here, you can PM him.

Otherwise I know he frequents the magic pub a lot, so you can try him there
http://www.themagicpub.com

Cheers
Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
ambassador365
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of ambassador365
Thanks Kam!!!
richard_mentalism
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of richard_mentalism
Hi, Is there somewhere a demo of the performance of this gimmick?
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
You wouldn't spot an invisible eye anyway...hence its name. Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I was hoping this thread would never surface again Smile

Darren
Twitter @darjames
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Invisible Eye (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL