The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Stolen Inventions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
Can I get one? Smile
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Yes James of course you can have one in fact if you want to trade in your Blacks PK ring I will do one for $9.99 LOL
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
LOL... ROFLOL. Holly c/r/a/p that is SOOOOO funny. Smile Great stuff mate!
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
You wouldn't believe some of what is actually being ripped off. My favourite example is Black and White suprise, but everyone in UK knows it as colour deception (apart from the descerning magician who shops at Davenports, but then B&W is something of a beginners trick...)
Another product that's worth doing some research into is the history of Topit.
Paul
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Quote:
On 2004-02-26 19:33, Mario Morris wrote:
I have come to realize that there are some people that are quite prepared to steal inventions and release them as their own - often with different names. For example, I have seen many a good effect that was invented simply lifted and released in a diffrent name with no consent from the inventor. If you know of any then lets expose the thief, protect the the magic, and support our Magic Inventors.
Do you know of any effect that has been lifted without permission?

It is hard to find the origin and true inventor of some magic effects. the ball and vase and cups and balls, they are old tricks that were pasted down from generations, the inventor has no identity. But I have invented some original effects of my own and, if this helps, I always keep the prop close to me. Don't reveal the secrets of the new prop and keep it closely gaurded. and the person who helped build the illusion, make sure he or she can be well trusted with effects and secrets.
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
Charlie the Tuna
View Profile
Regular user
Baltimore Maryland
111 Posts

Profile of Charlie the Tuna
Wow, what a thread. True discussions from both sides of an issue. It was an interesting and informative view from the manufacturers and marketers point of view.
Thank You Gentlemen
Charlie
Charlie,
A Magician with Good Taste.

Only perform an illusion once. The first time is magical, the second is an education.
acchessor
View Profile
Elite user
Nebraska
402 Posts

Profile of acchessor
One word: Ellusionist.
bradchristian
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of bradchristian
Quote:
On 2007-01-29 13:14, jclark wrote:
What about Penguin? Or Ellusionist? They are both partnered with Murphy¡¦s to the T. Like them or not, E, for example, has expanded the market considerably purely by using e-marketing.

Hey James - another correction. We are not partnered with Murphys. We sell a dozen or two of their distributed products.

THX, Brad.
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
I used the term "partnered" loosely; as in having a relationship. But thanks for the correction Brad; that gave me a chance to clear it up too and make sure my thoughts are articulated. Despite my posts being taken as harsh responses, that isn't how I intended it on the boards.
adramindmagic
View Profile
Regular user
East St. Louis
106 Posts

Profile of adramindmagic
I laugh at some of the effects I see in DVD's today that people believe are originated by that performer. From drawing duplications to card tricks, I've seen the market sway. most aren't even revamped. Instead just redone.
I love magic!
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
Too true.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Stolen Inventions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL