The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New John Carey Book. Minimalistica Coming Soon. (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
alondon
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of alondon
Is anyone in the US selling this yet?
thanks
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
605 Posts

Profile of dsacks
Not yet here in California Smile
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Just got mine a couple days ago!

-Alex
Markus Ng
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Markus Ng
My review of minimalistica by John Carey

Lets talk about the outer appearance of this book. I am really glad that John made the book as a hardcopy and not a soft copy because I enjoy collecting books that are made hardcopy. Not to mention John kindly signed my copy which I really appreciate.

The interior of the book is really appealing to the eye with a pattern of some sort dividing each trick that John teaches. The font size used is pleasing to the eye and it is not hard to read at all.

I have to be very honest. Some tricks suit my patter and some do not. However, I can testify that the tricks taught in the book are not hard to learn and follow along but they pack a punch. John takes wonderful tricks with complicated methods and compresses them in to tricks that are simple but produce a similar if not better effect. There are many different types of tricks ranging from packet card tricks to full deck card tricks to coin tricks. There’s just so much in this book.

John also takes the effort to explain each step with intricate detail and his way of writing is not difficult to follow at all.

Just like John’s other material such as Crafted with Carey, I highly recommend this book to anyone who’s just looking for inspiration or simple but impressive tricks that allows you to focus on your presentation. There’s a myriad of tricks in minimalistica and a whole lot of “why didn’t I think of that” moments included in this book.

Great work John! I am already looking for your next book.
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1035 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Thank you so much, Markus. I'm delighted you are pleased with your purchase. FYI Guys, Minimalistica is only available directly from me via the site or at my lectures. Thank you for the wonderful response to the project and to all the kind people from around the world who have purchased the book. May I wish everyone a very happy new year.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New John Carey Book. Minimalistica Coming Soon. (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL