The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gold Dust Live Deluxe Limited Edition 3 DVD Set (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2242 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

We have just started taking orders on Gold Dust Live. Shipping date is a week Friday 20/11/15.

You can check out all the trailers and read the full lowdown on this Deluxe Limited Edition set here http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Gold-D......ion.html

All orders for Gold Dust Live will be sent post FREE no matter where in the world you live.

Best Regards

Peter.
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
257 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Thanks for sharing the great news, Peter.

I've already placed my order at your website. Two days ago to be accurate.Smile

You can never go wrong with the great material of Paul Gordon's
40 years of experience in card magic and in the magic business in general.

I can hardly wait to hold these 3 little gems (DVDs) in my hands.
Only 9 days left...

Here's some quick info copied and pasted from Alakazam's relevant ad:

"In this beautifully produced, shot and packaged limited edition deluxe collectors set
not only will you master nearly 40 of Paul’s killer card effects but the DVDs are also
packed with great advice and tips gained throughout Paul’s many years of performing".

"As a special bonus The Limited Edition Set also comes complete with the gimmicks
to perform three of Paul’s favourite marketed creations!"

Kindest regards,
Andrew K.
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
831 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
I assume this is not just all packet tricks ? but also with a full deck.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2242 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Graham,

Yes most of the effects use a regular deck. Great news for anyone that has pre ordered Gold Dust Live. We are shipping these out a week early. All pre orders should be dispatched on Friday of this week!

Thank you all for your support

Peter Nardi
Alakazam Magic
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
876 Posts

Profile of andykean
Brilliant New Zealand is a long way 👏
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
703 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2015, Peter Nardi wrote:

Great news for anyone that has pre ordered Gold Dust Live. We are shipping these out a week early. All pre orders should be dispatched on Friday of this week!

Peter Nardi
Alakazam Magic

Great, thank you Peter. Cant wait !
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
How much of the content is new vs material that has featured in Paul's previous DVDs?
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2242 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
How much of the content is new vs material that has featured in Paul's previous DVDs?

Hi,
Some of the items have appeared on film before but not all. You can see a full listing on our site.

We have just added Gold Dust Live to Alakazam USA, you can find it here http://www.alakazamusa.com/product/gold-......edition/

Peter Nardi
Alakazam Magic
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
There is quite a lot of overlap with Paul's own Card Startlers DVD ( which is listed as a 2DVD set on his site, but I'm sure mine is a 3DVD set...)
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
257 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2015, Peter Nardi wrote:
Hi Graham,

Yes most of the effects use a regular deck. Great news for anyone that has pre ordered Gold Dust Live. We are shipping these out a week early. All pre orders should be dispatched on Friday of this week!

Peter Nardi
Alakazam Magic

That's awesome!

Thanks, Peter for the great surprise (shipping tomorrow Friday).

You really one of a kind and you honestly made my day.

Andrew K.
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2015, Robmonster wrote:
There is quite a lot of overlap with Paul's own Card Startlers DVD ( which is listed as a 2DVD set on his site, but I'm sure mine is a 3DVD set...)

Less than 25% of the material here is new i.e. not appeared on his other DVDs. But I still think Gold Dust Live is worth getting for three reasons.
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Which are..?
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2242 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Just a heads up, Gold Dust starts shipping today!

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Gold-D......ion.html

Peter
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
967 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Placed my order for the deluxe edition today.
I'm really looking forward to receiving this one.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2015, Robmonster wrote:
Which are..?

Sorry, old age makes me forgetful!

1. Take disc 3, learn all of the the material on there (ignore the other two discs if you wish), it will take a month tops to do properly including developing your own patter and practicing with real people. You will end up with two or three professional, working sets.
2. Take in all that is said in the interview between Peter & Paul. It's the real Gold Dust on the set imho.
3. Do 1 & 2 and you will have enough to go out and earn a basic living.

If I was still a dealer I would be recommending this set to my best customers.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3342 Posts

Profile of warren
Any reviews yet as I'm still undecided ?
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
If you need reviews, beyond what I just told you, then the set probably isn't for you.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3342 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
If you need reviews, beyond what I just told you, then the set probably isn't for you.

I already have some of Pauls work and have been doing close up magic now for many years so please don't judge me as you don't know me......if you check other dvd reviews they go quite in depth where as your review doesn't even scratch the surface no animosity intended just stating the facts.
Paul Hughes
View Profile
Regular user
UK
123 Posts

Profile of Paul Hughes
Howdy. I received the three disk set on Saturday and have spend a few days working my way through the disks. I have several of Paul's effects and there is some overlap between some of his previous projects. However, that said, the production quality, the explanations and just the general, "off the cuff" hints and tips about the routines, and getting into the routines are worth their weight for someone either getting into professional magic, or someone with their own set, looking for some fresh, stunning effects.

The packet effects (with supplied cards) - The Ultimate Sting (which is a cracker!), Killer OMG and a gaff to aid The Muldooon match are all excellent additions to the limited edition. On top of this Paul's classic take on Joe Riding's "Three Card Trick with Four Cards", called Corner of Piccadilly is also fully explained (you need to supply your own regular cards).

Other effects of note are Diminishing Not Likely, Twister, Illogical and Discrepant Collectors, Easy Ace Estimation, Head to Head Poker, Killer Card Mystery (which is a cracking take on Hamman's "Signed Card"), Twin Peeks, Shocked Aces... The list goes on and on.

You would be hard pressed to not find a bunch of effects to add into your repertoire straight away, many of which flow into each other very nicely.

For me though, its the hints, tips, subtleties and general banter between Dave Loosley and Peter Nardi in the interview that make this a stand out collection. Stuff that you only normal pick up after many years of experience performing in the real world.

I would heartily recommend it.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1768 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
I ordered my set yesterday.
Looking forward to receiving and working through.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gold Dust Live Deluxe Limited Edition 3 DVD Set (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL