The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Review or opinion of the new Dynamo Magicians Kit? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
jackbp
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of jackbp
Has anyone bought or seen the contents of the new Dynamo Magicians Kit yet? I recognise some of the effects from the pictures but would be interested to hear from someone who's actually got it.

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/DYNAMO_MAGIC_......nfo.html
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Looks nice. Does it come with a bunch of people to cut away to when you do the moves?
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
It's a great kit. Especially as a lead in item for parents looking to give their kids something to get them away from the Xbox..

Nice to see a magic set without the same old paddles, sponge balls, genii bottle etc etc.

It includes WoW, self tying shoelaces, and a zigzag box for your earphones too, so pretty modern.

As customers order it from Merchant of Magic they also get some follow up ebooks over time, helping the child build up their passion for magic, develop a habit of practice, and start to think about performing skills.

As a 'gateway' into a love of magic, it's very good. I think a good magic set should be carefully chosen, as it's something we all remember having, and part of our journey into a lifelong activity. The branding is perfectly on target, and the presentation and quality of the items, very high.

Hope this helps
Dominic
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2015, Ross W wrote:
Looks nice. Does it come with a bunch of people to cut away to when you do the moves?

This. I like it.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
The WOW gimmick on its own is nearly the same price as the entire set. So that makes it a bargain. It is a genuine WOW gimmick and not a knock-off I assume? Dominic, please could you advise?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very good question Jonesey. I was thinking the same thing.
jackbp
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of jackbp
The scratch cards also look very similar to Bill Abbott's 'Powerball 60' - is this the same effect and if so, it would be interesting to see if Bill was involved in its development?
twitter
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of twitter
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
The WOW gimmick on its own is nearly the same price as the entire set. So that makes it a bargain. It is a genuine WOW gimmick and not a knock-off I assume? Dominic, please could you advise?

This.

Also, is it original versions of the self tying shoelaces, and headphone thing? Are the creators even credited, let alone compensated?

I find it hard to believe any of the items are authorised or original for the price it is being sold at.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I know Change was slated for adult use but would fit perfectly in this collection IMO.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Its not an MoM production, but there are credits in the instruction book (rare for a magic set) Looks to me that they are specially commissioned versions, just for the kit.

The creators of the original effects and ideas are thanked for their support and help putting the kit together. Tim Trono over at Penguin worked on the development of the kit and is credited too.

Hope this helps
Dominic
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I remember Tim Trono from the Café. I suppose if these packs are massed produced then they can afford to sell them at a discount. I'll be buying one for my daughter. Put one by for me please Dominic.
Smile
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2015, pegasus wrote:
I remember Tim Trono from the Café. I suppose if these packs are massed produced then they can afford to sell them at a discount. I'll be buying one for my daughter. Put one by for me please Dominic.
Smile

Oi come on you are buying it for yourself,lol.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2015, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Its not an MoM production, but there are credits in the instruction book (rare for a magic set) Looks to me that they are specially commissioned versions, just for the kit.

The creators of the original effects and ideas are thanked for their support and help putting the kit together. Tim Trono over at Penguin worked on the development of the kit and is credited too.

Hope this helps
Dominic

Thanks Dominic, this makes me feel very happy. An updated children's magic set with full credit to creators, starting kids off on the right track. Tim Trono has produced an absolute diamond here. I will be buying sets for all four of my grandchildren. From MoM of course!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The market has needed something like this for a LONG time.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
It's an amazing set. A magic set I can actually recommend to our customers. I opened a set up the other day and everything seemed to be of a superb quality. A very good selection. I have put a couple aside for family members

Regards

Peter
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
I wish something like this had existed when I used to deal magic. I saw far too many kids put off the art by those cheesy plastic toys that wouldn't fool a brainless worm.
illusion123
View Profile
Regular user
Wolverhampton, England
121 Posts

Profile of illusion123
I just can't believe the WOW gimmick is included in a magic set. I perform this in my professional close up set, so this as screwed me as I assume a lot of hobbyists will be getting this.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2015, twitter wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
I wish something like this had existed when I used to deal magic.

Did you used to deal magic?

Yes, I'm a UK expat and dealt mainly around continental Europe (before the Euro even existed). I had a small but loyal customer base who trusted me implicitly as I wouldn't sell them tat. I had and still have imho a good sense for knowing the good from the bad when I see it. This Dynamo gift set is almost definitely a good item.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2015, illusion123 wrote:
I just can't believe the WOW gimmick is included in a magic set. I perform this in my professional close up set, so this as screwed me as I assume a lot of hobbyists will be getting this.

At least it didn't include an ID! It's my worst fear that someone like Marvin's Magic will put it on general release.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I thought the same about the Wow gimmick its a real shame this found its way in to a magic set, its also hard to believe they can or are selling this whole set for almost the price of Wow on its own.

As it is it looks a great value set with very strong and useable effects in it.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Review or opinion of the new Dynamo Magicians Kit? (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL