We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Predicting # Cards Cut Off from Si Stebbins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but wondering if it's possible (as in other memorized decks) to predict the # of cards a spec cut off from a Si-Stebbins stack. We know each card has a duplicate value 13 apart but would that help here?
eralph357
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of eralph357
Yes, it's possible. There's a formula in a few different books I've seen (unfortunately I can't remember/find it), you have to know the bottom card in the stack and the card you cut to. You also have to estimate the size of the cut portion to adjust by 13 cards in either direction, but as long as you can estimate to within 13, the formula will get it exactly. Diamond Jim Tyler explains it in his Penguin Live talk.
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
Ok thanks!
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Possible to predict? Or do you mean is it possible to ascertain the number of cards that have been cut to?
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
The latter Mike. I'm good to go on this even if the bottom card isn't a King (easiest as it saves a step of course). It's great if you want to convert from Si Stebbins to Stay Stack under the guise of a trick such as this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Predicting # Cards Cut Off from Si Stebbins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.42 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL