The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sansminds Magic Wallet (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kevin Li
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Kevin Li
New Card/Object to Wallet from Sansminds Magic. Does look pretty hip compared to past wallets such as Super slim Mullica. Two options to go with.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S20274

Everyone needs a wallet; that's why SansMinds created one that's thin, durable, and provides multiple functionalities.

The SansMinds wallet comes in a classic leather look with multiple pockets and a private compartment so you can easily keep things organized.

Two Piece Modern Style - Formal Wallet (6mm thin) for the suit up professional.

It is designed for you to carry your daily essentials without the extra clutter.

The wallet is also designed so that you can easily set up for:

No palm signed card to wallet
Devious peek
Borrowed object to wallet
Get your SansMinds Wallet now. This is the All In ONE wallet for the everyday magician.
"Be yourself and Stay original"
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1288 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Looks great, but I'm a little confused. Another flashy multi cut demo/teasers but real info? Two versions one demo...

BTW I'm not interested in CTW but I could use it to load a prediction.

What is the difference between the two?

Is there a demo with the peek?

Does it have the SUC option? (Load, Steal, NW!, Peek)

This could be good.. I hate these thick wallets!

Cheers!
Johny
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2535 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
That is one of the strangest looking "wallets" I have ever seen. Almost looks more like a purse to me.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
They could have at least used leather on it.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
For all the talk of these "modern" thin wallets, I've NEVER seen one in public. All my friends, aged 15-90 carry a wallet. 80%, a traditional back pocket wallet. A few businessment have use a breast pocket wallet.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
They are usually called travel wallets or pocket wallets...

Good for a credit card or two, travel card and a few notes...google is your friend...

I use them, you can get some nice leather ones that you can gimmick yourself...
I've asked to be banned
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1998 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I've switched to a front pocket wallet, and in fact have seen others do the same. Kind of liberating, really. Interestingly too, I use my outlaw for it because I didn't want to spend $5 at Walmart. I'm a cheapie. Smile But it works. If this could go in my front fairly easily, I'd consider it.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1571 Posts

Profile of Jared
I've seen similar credit card cases but not with a hand strap, which looks too feminine for my taste. But overall the product demo was terrible. Not enough information was given to make an informed decision; especially the peek function (nothing). I also noticed that the deluxe versions external dimensions seemed larger than the street version. Since they are making slimness a big selling point why not include the these dimensions as well? As most who've read my posts know, I'm not a big fan of SansMinds but in this case they may have produced a fairly nice product but the marketing was done so poorly that it will surely negatively impact their sales.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1139 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I think their deluxe version come with 2 pcs wallet , like mulica style.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Hold on for $70 !

I am sure you can do better than this

Time and Time Sansmnds don't deliver , false advert , cut away demos
And yet people come back for more

Wake Up !!
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I agree. And as Jared mentions, no information on the peek function whatsoever.

From a marketing point of view, this is not good enough.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
More importantly it looks like nothing any person is likely to have ever seen before which in my mind when used for magic is a problem. The thing with using a wallet as a peak device is that it's strength is that the general public are pre conditioned to know that if you put something in a wallet you cannot see it from the outside, which helps sell the fairness of a wallet peak. With this, it doesn't have the structure of a wallet and therefore I don't think it posesses the same level of fairness. I'm speculating as I don't know what the peak is, but just my opinion. I'm sticking with my SAW, which is a lovely going out wallet as its so thing.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3759 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Just arrived and watched part of the DVD. Instructions for the load of a card are good, as is the quality of the wallet, although I'll be cutting the strap short. I think the strap idea is for young guys in tight jeans LOL!The packaging is a very nice quality too if that matters to you. Have carried a very similar wallet in my shirt pocket for years and where I'm from they are a common design, nothing suspicious. I have 12 bills folded and in the small wallet area and its comfortable. The suit jacket or more formal design is as mentioned above, a Mullica. I have the one piece jeans version. Nothing new in design of the load or peek, its the same as all no palm loads, its the design of the wallet that is the new innovation. It has 2 credit card slots but also another pocket at the back, so you could hold 4 credit cards with ease, more if you don't carry a lot of cash. You can show it all around and the load area will not show. Great for loading billets when the wallet has been on the table in full sight the whole time. Simple and well made, zipper is excellent quality too. Very happy and will use it as a every day carry. Because it's so thin I might even pull a large Cuban from it as well from time to time. Now I admit, I like carrying a wallet in my work shirt pocket in in the front pocket of my jeans. I hate big bulky wallets especially in my back pocket and sitting on them. So for me this is very practical, can carry everything I need, looks good and yet can be loaded with ease. Hope that sheds some light on it for people to make an informed decision if its for them.
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
193 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Just an over priced wallet.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3759 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2015, pelicantrapper wrote:
Just an over priced wallet.

That's a very broad statement and as an owner, I disagree. Like many I have a few wallets, ranging from $150-300. So $49.95 for an item that is on me right now ready, I don't think it is over priced for a utility item at all.
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
193 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
You could buy an existing wallet for less than $20, add some sleight of hand, and you have the same effect in the eyes of the spectator. Or customize it on your own.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1784914......dp-gtab1

Thank you for your review though.
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
Got the formal two piece last week. It's very modern looking and even for my age it looks pretty classy. I can see why it's designed this way. It's got a few advantages over the existing ones. I use the one Paul Hairris presented in my set, it's no problem shifting to this one right away. Got a few compliments about this wallet already from people who saw it. Very happy with the purchase. I might even order the single piece one to try it out. Might cut the strap though. Don't think it'd look right for my age. Highly recommended.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
This would awesome if there was a way to have it with a switchback gimmick...
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3017 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Why did I buy this?
I like the card to wallet, Dream Card, plot.
I hate carrying a wallet.
I have many magic wallets but rarely use them because of pocket space Most of my magic is done impromptu, wearing casual clothes and no sport coat. Since I almost always have a deck of cards, my keys and my phone, anything other than rubber bands takes up "valuable" pocket space, even a small wallet.
On the other hand I always need to have at least my license a credit card and a few bills. That is where this "wallet" comes in. It won't hold much more than 2 or 3 cards comfortably and if this doesn't work for you or if you have a wallet you like then skip it. For me, the best magic wallet is one I will carry so I am going to try this one for a while. Seems like real leather and to be made relatively well but only time will tell.

I bought them both by the way. The casual still is a little smaller all around but I will probably use the Mullica. I do think they are priced a bit high but it is what it is
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
I got one yesterday (small version) and I will definitively use this one. In the last 10 years I've got used to carry my wallets in my front pocket (my chiropractor suggestion) and this is really the best bang for the buck in pocket space.
I have only a couple of improvements/questions.
1. the zipper is a little bit hard to work. Is it my unit or a common issue? It works fine, but sometime requires a bit of extra effort which is a bit of a concern while handling the load
2. it is tight. I can barely fit a couple of credit cards and my ID. I would have been nice if it allowed a little bit of more "credit card" capacity.

But it is awesome. Great product.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sansminds Magic Wallet (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL