The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Paris attack (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oh you know. Those who do not apply the same "logic" to either side of an argument or just ignore the bad things their ideology does. Happens all the time with the "Bush lied" crowd who found the behavior endearing in Bill Clinton.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The Nazi's are on the rise as a result of all this. France today have responded by voting for the National Front, which is more scary than the terrorist in my opinion.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
The Nazi's are on the rise as a result of all this.

This is part of the ISIS calculation.
Really, what outcome could they desire more than to have all Muslims banned from entering countries other than their Caliphate?
Their work is being done for them.
Briar patch.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
ISIS are Nazis
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2015, landmark wrote:
Quote:
If my country did what they did, I'd expect to be bombed.

Please. You just said unapologetically that you approve of blowing up innocents into smithereens.

Seems to me to be the stance the U.S.A. is taking right now. Yet, apparently, a temporary U.S.A. entry ban's not o.k. I find that ironic. And so you know, I'm all for the refugee immigration taking place here in Canada right now. Just saying I understand the point of the proposed entry ban- we need to take a look at what's happening in the now and deal with it in the now. As Jeff said earlier, and I paraphrase, but I think I've got the gist, (correct me if I'm wrong, Jeff, please,) you can't take the "Muslim" premise- the Islam claim, out of this. And if you're going to denounce a temporary entry ban, you need to look at what your country is currently doing to Muslim innocents outside of the U.S.A., in "their" countries. Part of the whole problem our species has is the divisiveness of "Nations". I say John was right- imagine there's no countries, the rest of our earthly neighbours already do. They're way ahead of us. And yes they kill, but they LIVE, too. Without the pretense humans grandstand with, as far as I can see. And that's the difference. Humans know what's true. Other animals do, too. I believe we're all born knowing it. Other animals appear to live it far more fully than most humans do, though. So, my point's a fine one: human indignation seems generally ironic. Take care, all. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Watch what happens when one wolf strays into the domain of another worlf. Or bears also. Don't be disingenuous and pretend we are the only species to have borders. Animals go as far as to mark territory. They also by the way kill and die for said territory. They kill and die for mates as well. I am shocked you don't know this.

Imagine there is no countries. Blah. Doesn't take too long nefore that idea falls apart into free oranges for everyone.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2015, magicalaurie wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2015, landmark wrote:
Quote:
If my country did what they did, I'd expect to be bombed.

Please. You just said unapologetically that you approve of blowing up innocents into smithereens.

Seems to me to be the stance the U.S.A. is taking right now. Yet, apparently, a temporary U.S.A. entry ban's not o.k. I find that ironic. And so you know, I'm all for the refugee immigration taking place here in Canada right now. Just saying I understand the point of the proposed entry ban- we need to take a look at what's happening in the now and deal with it in the now. As Jeff said earlier, and I paraphrase, but I think I've got the gist, (correct me if I'm wrong, Jeff, please,) you can't take the "Muslim" premise- the Islam claim, out of this. And if you're going to denounce a temporary entry ban, you need to look at what your country is currently doing to Muslim innocents outside of the U.S.A., in "their" countries. Part of the whole problem our species has is the divisiveness of "Nations". I say John was right- imagine there's no countries, the rest of our earthly neighbours already do. They're way ahead of us. And yes they kill, but they LIVE, too. Without the pretense humans grandstand with, as far as I can see. And that's the difference. Humans know what's true. Other animals do, too. I believe we're all born knowing it. Other animals appear to live it far more fully than most humans do, though. So, my point's a fine one: human indignation seems generally ironic. Take care, all. Smile

I rarely see a post with which I agree so strongly with one half and disagree so strongly with the other.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Danny, I do know about territories, of course. I do know about the killing and dying, of course. You know I know that. I said more than that. Pretense. We pretend we are righteous and animals are not. We pretend we are morally superior to them. We pretend we are different in that way. That's my point- that we do the same as the animals, and "worse", but we pretend our reasons are righteous and they are lesser. Our indignation is ironic. That's what I said.

Addressing the country notion, I'd say a home range might be considered at least subtly different than a "country". We can and animals can and do, I think, have homes and home ranges without having countries.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Nonsense about ranges. Free oranges as well right?

And please do not use "we" when you mean "you" or "I". I do not feel morally superior to anyone or any animal.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
We meaning humans, generally, not you or I. ie. We are taught that we are superior. That's something I've always objected to.
Regarding ranges being different from countries- 2 examples: home ranges are flexible, not fixed, and home ranges often overlap, ie. are not sovereign.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
You guys ever seen a bear kill and eat a deer? They don't wait for the deer to actually die before they start eating. And they don't prefer oranges either. Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
"Elwood said billions of prawns, crabs and lobster are caught or reared for human consumption every year and treated in 'very extreme ways.'

'Crabs have their claws torn off and the live crab is thrown back in the sea. Lobsters and prawns have the front half of the body torn off from the abdomen which is kept for the meat. The nervous system in the head and thorax is still functional an hour later.'"

http://www.businessinsider.com/scientist......n-2013-1
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
"Elwood said billions of prawns, crabs and lobster are caught or reared for human consumption every year and treated in 'very extreme ways.'

'Crabs have their claws torn off and the live crab is thrown back in the sea. Lobsters and prawns have the front half of the body torn off from the abdomen which is kept for the meat. The nervous system in the head and thorax is still functional an hour later.'"

And?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
We meaning humans, generally, not you or I. ie. We are taught that we are superior. That's something I've always objected to.
Regarding ranges being different from countries- 2 examples: home ranges are flexible, not fixed, and home ranges often overlap, ie. are not sovereign.

Again you suffer from pronoun trouble. I was never taught I was superior. If you were that is you issue or a patenting issue you can take up with mommy and daddy. Please do not push it on the rest of us. Many humans are not taught this.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Quote:

The crabs that have their claws 'torn off' are actually in better off since they live. Next year they lose the other claw and so on for years. And, stone crab is one tasty meal.

You know who else feels pain, the parent of three kids that went to a meeting and was shot for no reason by a person inflamed by their religion to commit mass murder.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
What a dishonest post.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:

Again you suffer from pronoun trouble. I was never taught I was superior. If you were that is you issue or a patenting issue you can take up with mommy and daddy. Please do not push it on the rest of us. Many humans are not taught this.

I definitely was not taught that I was superior. What a lame liberal post.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I tend to believe that on some level, anyone who hunts or fishes believes that he is superior. Most of the time those practices are debated on moral grounds, a large part of the argument hinges on other animals being "lesser" than us, whether in intelligence, lower on the food chain, etc. The supposed moral right to kill them (apparently) emirates directly from our "superiority." We frown upon cannibals and murderers, because they're killing our "equals."

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
I tend to believe that on some level, anyone who hunts or fishes believes that he is superior. Most of the time those practices are debated on moral grounds, a large part of the argument hinges on other animals being "lesser" than us, whether in intelligence, lower on the food chain, etc. The supposed moral right to kill them (apparently) emirates directly from our "superiority." We frown upon cannibals and murderers, because they're killing our "equals."

What about people who purchase new development homes? The development of one farmers field will kill more animals than I have in my entire life of hunting and fishing.
But lets not go down this road again.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2015, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:

What about people who purchase new development homes? The development of one farmers field will kill more animals than I have in my entire life of hunting and fishing.
But lets not go down this road again.

Good job...you've expanded my argument! There's another group of people who feel superior. Nobody would argue that he's entitled to kill a bunch of people to build new homes.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Paris attack (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL