The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Is this morally wrong (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Yeah if you sold the original you should get rid of the copy then. But to me this always seemed like a complete waste of time and money, why not just book gigs with all that stuff you are learning to pay for the DVDS? Are they really THAT expensive that you can't pay for them and want to go through the trouble of copying and selling them all? Just seems stupid to me when I can make a lot more money doing shows than sitting around watching DVDS burn and shipping them all the time. Get a better job or do more gigs and stop trying to cheat others. I doubt anyone would actually get caught but in the end it gets you nowhere really. Plus every original or copy you sell the creator gets nothing. That is morally wrong and legally wrong.

All the original DVDS that I sold barely got half the price usually way less, there is no money in that unless someone is selling tons of copies like they do on eBay from Overseas. That is why I always try to order from shops if possible at full price then at least I know what I am getting. As a professional and someone who has been in the art for 36 years I always supported the creators, not go looking for discounts as I am not cheap nor broke as I actually make great money doing gigs from what I have learned. Sounds like something a hobbyist that lives in his parent's basement would do.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Is this morally wrong (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL