The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Posey Straitjacket Vendor (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2249 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I still remember the story my mother tells of going to our Dr. when I was 15 and asking for a prescription for a Straightjacket for her son. After much laughter, I eventually got my first Posey SJ.
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9489 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
And he hasn't taken it off ever since Smile
Russo
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Russo
To Jay and Ray - entertained in the L.A. area 1950 thru 1970. SAM #22 -one of the 1st500 of the MagicCastle, meeting at Bill Larsons home. I bought My streight jacket from ABBY RENTS in the 60's it Laced up the back- mFun Fun Fun- Blackstone Sr. told me how to use it. I also learned that to slowly slip off jacket wasnt as dramatic jumping and rolling around. Later someone barrowed my jacket and busted the belts- no more lending- later sold it(after repair at a shoe repair shop) .. Best to all- if comunicating PM me as I'm too lazy(old) to scan all forums -I"m usually in the Gospel Magicians Forum- we now live in Central Florida(Wife and I will celebrate 60 years in June) Ralph & Ann (russo)Rousseau
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9489 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
You must have pictures of this. Eh?
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4328 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2016, jay leslie wrote:
And he hasn't taken it off ever since Smile

No he is out now ... but if you look at his avatar you will see that all the years of wearing a SJ has caused what is known in doctors circles as "EAE" - or Escape Artist Elbows (note the pleural of Elbow - clearly this would be singular had Rene Lavand been afflicted with the condition). This terrible condition is where the elbows are sadly locked at what looks like 90 degrees but if you look really closely you will see it is not quiet 90 degrees as the elbows are slightly away from the torso ( Smile - y'all know why).

Co-occurring symptoms include:-

* Adding chain to everything despite lack of need.
* blatant lying
* claiming to break Houdini's record for escaping from things. Anything from a Posey straitjacket to swing through handcuffs.
* Calling everything regulation (including the pants they intend to split at the end)
* Building an unessential large collection of handcuffs
* Thinking a cherry picker would be a useful tool for the garden

and ...

* looking at everyday items and thinking could I some how turn that in to an escape.

All the best one and all.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2249 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2016, dave_matkin wrote:

No he is out now ... but if you look at his avatar you will see that all the years of wearing a SJ has caused what is known in doctors circles as "EAE" - or Escape Artist Elbows (note the pleural of Elbow - clearly this would be singular had Rene Lavand been afflicted with the condition). This terrible condition is where the elbows are sadly locked at what looks like 90 degrees but if you look really closely you will see it is not quiet 90 degrees as the elbows are slightly away from the torso ( Smile - y'all know why).

The sad truth is that after a radial head fracture in my right arm, it actually won't straighten out all the way and has a 15 degree bend in it at all times. It does make catching in my flying trapeze act a little tough but I've adjusted to it! Hasn't really affected my SJ work which I rarely do any more. I did just finish building and rigging a flaming triple rope SJ escape for a middle eastern illusionist/escape artist which we just filmed today in Lebanon as a part of his weekly 90 minute TV series. All threee ropes burn through one at a time, the last one conveniently after he transfers to a second crane with rope and hand loop. It was quite ride!
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2477 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2016, dave_matkin wrote:

* Adding chain to everything despite lack of need.
* blatant lying
* claiming to break Houdini's record for escaping from things. Anything from a Posey straitjacket to swing through handcuffs.
* Calling everything regulation (including the pants they intend to split at the end)
* Building an unessential large collection of handcuffs
* Thinking a cherry picker would be a useful tool for the garden
* looking at everyday items and thinking could I some how turn that in to an escape.

Rotfl. I have actually thought of a putting a tower of some type in my backyard!
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
magicwarehouse
View Profile
New user
Howard Katz
14 Posts

Profile of magicwarehouse
We have 2 brand new Posey Strait Jackets in stock in XL size. June 30 2016 - The Magic Warehouse - http://themagicwarehouse.com/PO2399/Cann......-XL.html
Howard Katz
Owner, The Magic Warehouse

http://themagicwarehouse.com
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
776 Posts

Profile of Rook
Lovely! Alas, it is the wrong time of the budget for me...
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
As an update to my post above, a chap I've been working with here in the UK was after a Posey jacket and purchased from erestraint with zero problems. It shipped to the UK in about a week. He had to pay some import duty on it, but that's no different to anything else bought from the USA.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Thanks Roslyn! My Posey is about to die the death of over-use right now. I will do 35 USD-escapes this Halloween (Crazy!) and then I think it is time to invest in another one.

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Posey Straitjacket Vendor (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL