The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Needle thru arm (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
I've just read Harry Anderson's book and was interested in the fact that he used the Needle thru arm on the streets. Now it is an effect I love and I've developed a routine for it planned for the comedy clubs. Now I'm thinking of testing it first on the streets. I'm just kind of worried times have changed and perhaps now it may be inappropriate. My routine is played for laughs, but there is fake blood and the effect does look really good no matter how I play it.

Any opinions?
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
I suspect parents might not be thrilled with kids around. But, if you're working for adult crowds then sure. Also, I have a personal philosophy against presenting things that make it look like I can magically heal injury. I don't want to give any wacko walking past funny ideas.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
The problem with needle-through-arm is physical; your arm gets red and sore so don't expect to be able to do it over and over again without consequences.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
The problem with needle thru arm here on the streets are the Withdrawal Symptoms.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Reading Harry Anderson as well, and he talks about how when he first started doing Needle thru arm he did the routine too fast. Didn't give audience time to realize that it was a trick. Watch his routine from Hello Sucker and see how he plays it out, adding jokes to show it's just a trick.

Given the geek type shows I've seen on the street, needle thru the arm could play well. But as mentioned it's going to be tough doing repeated performances.

Have fun and let us know how it goes...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Needle thru arm (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL