The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tequila Hustler (161 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..15..19..23..27..29~30~31 [Next]
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2015, Sean Giles wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2015, Lseeyou wrote:
Every single trick has always a solution... people can get there if they think about it.

Not wanting to disagree with you but that's not always the case. If you read the work Bob Cassidy has on logical disconnects, it addresses that issue.

Sean, you can always disagree with me and I'm ok with that * I don't know everything and I don't want Smile
What I wrote it's only my opinion... when I say always I wanted to imply that some people will discover others don't BUT the solution will be always available. Even with logical disconnect you can get there - time helps bringing all the pieces together... sometimes you discover if you are willing to search other time others do it for you... as an example magicians love to debunk everything so they are the ones who do the logical connection of the disconnection puzzle.
Deception has no order and without order there's chaos... with chaos no one is happy then in the end order is needed.

Quote:
On Nov 25, 2015, DynaMix wrote:
It's not *always* the case, but it IS the ultimate truth, and we would be wise to respect it, in the long run.

Dynamic love what you wrote... wise man.

Thanks guys for the conversation, there's good people who frequent this Café!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
For those that have it, join the Facebook group. I put a bunch of ideas in there to enhance some of the presentations.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Greg, why do you do this to me. I deleted Facebook. I may have to reinstate it. Aaaarghh!
Joel.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I was persuaded to get this because I bought Mark Elsdon's "Heirloom Redux" which is brilliantly clever and which I do use.

This too is very, very cunning. I will use it, and in fact will be trying it out at the weekend. I have no doubt that SOME people may get it. Some people will work out practically anything you do. It doesn't matter, and in this case I think it will be exceedingly rare.

(Re: the keys variation. Makes no sense at all. What the h*ll is a visual branching anagram anyway?!)
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Gordon the discombobulator
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Gordon the discombobulator
Bought this and it works very well in an impromptu pub setting.
The perfect 'show us something else' effect.

No setup/reset, no props to carry, no algorithms to learn, no dual reality, nothing to write down, no angles to watch.

You don't even have to think about HOW it works, you just concentrate 100% on presentation, it just works and it fries minds.
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
325 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
I love this little publication. And the variations really let you perform the simple one on one or little group to much larger spectator involvement.

But how does one join the Facebook page??
Mejais
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Mejais
Iam really interested in getting a printed version. When will it be available?
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Printed copies will be with me guaranteed on Monday (just had confirmation).

To join the facbook group look up the MindFX facbook page and then post a message/comment with your order number. Once confirmed I will send you a friend request and tag you in.

You can then unfriend me should you wish ha ha Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Xaa
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Xaa
Perfect impromptu effect. I will be thinking of additional applications for days.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - Albert Einstein, What I Believe (1930)
Wardy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
193 Posts

Profile of Wardy
I'll be using this a lot this weekend. I like simple, in your face deceptions, and this is so good that if you think about it too much you'll confuse yourself!

Well done Mark and Michael, I'll be using this forever.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
This is absolutely brilliant! I also have MANOEDA and whilst I do like it, this is far batter in my opinion. Firstly, the amount of questions used is less. Secondly, the handling with TH allows for no real memory work. And lastly, I believe that TH allows for more presentational angles. This is how a coin in hand would be presented if it really was being detected by body language! I've already posted a new presentational idea on the Facebook group in regards to bluffing at poker!

If you are on the fence, I really believe this to be the final word in non gimmicked, impromptu which hand effects!

Well done Mark Elsdon and thank you Mr Murray for bringing it to the community in such a big way!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of celebrity
My absolute pleasure. I am so pleased at the response ghis is getting and knew it was a winner myself since I was first blown away by it.

Just a heads up to say the physical copies are now in stock and are shipping from today!

Best Wishes Michael Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
[quote]On Nov 27, 2015, JamieD wrote:
This is absolutely brilliant! I also have MANOEDA and whilst I do like it, this is far batter in my opinion. Firstly, the amount of questions used is less.

That means just one question? Or do you mean the procedure after the questions?
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
'Tequila Hustler' is one of the finest effects ever created for mentalists. An absolute solid gold gem of creative and deceptive insight.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
I think Ian Rowland has just summed this up perfectly. But can I make a request? Once you buy this, and you blow your own mind with it - at the sheer simplicity and elegance of it - by all means perform it for your mentalist friends. But PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE do NOT show them the working. Let them buy their own copy. This is one of the best straightforward, kick in the balls effects I've seen. I cannot believe nobody has thought of this before. It truly is stunning - and Mark Elsdon deserves to benefit as much as possible from this. So, PLEASE, by all means demonstrate it (they'll never work it out!) but don't give it away. It's too valuable for that, and Mark deserves to be rewarded.
Mark Elsdon
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Mark Elsdon
Thanks for all the great reviews and comments guys! Very much appreciated.

It is available directly from myself here:

http://elsdon.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/tequila-hustler.html

and from the publisher here:

http://www.mindfx.co.uk/products/tequila......85784579
Check out The View From Here:
http://elsdon.blogspot.com/
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Now I feel like I should buy it again!! Smile

Thanks Mark!
Wardy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
193 Posts

Profile of Wardy
Used this a few times over the weekend and worked perfectly. I've found that the more time I take and present it in a slower fashion reminding them of their role at the second question takes heat off the method.If I presented it in a quicker way they looked like they might catch on but still confused themselves. One guy I presented it to loves maths and puzzles and didn't catch on, so I'm assuming the slower the better to let the confusion set in. I will be using this forever, and if anyone catches on so be it. You can't fool all of the people all of the time, but you can fool most of the people most of the time. Just don't try to fool people with highly analytical minds, use something else for them!
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
440 Posts

Profile of robvh
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2015, a brown 1968 wrote:
Glad you tested the waters Dorian

The principle can be applied to many effects. Using Mark's principle together with my own ideas I can do the RPS effect with just two straight forward questions .

Then say which of two spectators holds the winning object , what the object is , which of the two people is the liar and which is the truth teller and all while facing away from the spectators.

Until Mark came up with his version , I had been struggling to avoid clunky logic looking wording . I owe him a pint ( of Orange juice )

Andrew

Would you be willing to share your variation in Michael's private Facebook group for owners of this effect?
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
I'm fencing in my land; so far there are
590 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
Quote:
On Nov 29, 2015, Ian Rowland wrote:
'Tequila Hustler' is one of the finest effects ever created for mentalists.

Seriously?

Don't get me wrong, I love the effect, the principle and the sheer scope. But I'm left wondering if you genuinely think the above.

I'm not looking to create a huge argument, but that is a massive claim to make, considering all the material that's ever been created and released for mentalists.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tequila Hustler (161 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..15..19..23..27..29~30~31 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL