The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The SvenPads (197 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..30~31~32 [Next]
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
I just wish there was a bumper 10-30 packets
Wardy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
193 Posts

Profile of Wardy
Oh yeah! A ten pack would be great. So many options, not enough pads!!
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I saw that Bob Cassidy recommends NOT flipping through the pages. (and I understand his reasoning)

Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you show that the pages are all different if you don't flip through them?

I just watched Oz Pearlman's Valentines routine, and he was flipping.

What's the alternative?

PS Excitedly waiting for my svenpads to arrive!!
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
You're right - flipping is done but it's a slow flip. Show one page then casually flip to the next page, etc. This is opposed to a fast flip where you rapidly go through the pages - it's best to get it in the spectators mind not to do that. Oz probably sped things up to maximize the TV timing and I'm sure he gave pre-instructions on exactly what to do in the rehearsal.

Ed
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Lots of questions Smile Let me try my best to answer them Café friends:

Quote:
On Feb 14, 2016, Paul S Wingham wrote:
These look great but will anyone be stocking in UK after blackpool as I'm not going?

Contact Michael Murray (Celebrity) as he may be able to fix you up perhaps.

However there are no plans to distribute SvenPads to dealers in the UK or elsewhere. My goal however is to make the SvenPads available to a few select dealers at major upcoming conventions around the world. I will continue to announce those dealers here and I am thrilled to be working with Michael (Magic Box) and Steven Young for the Blackpool show.

Shipping to the UK or anywhere in the world is always a great option.

Quote:
On Feb 14, 2016, VIEW wrote:
I just wish there was a bumper 10-30 packets

I offer quad sets of 4 SvenPads at this time and do not foresee selling them in mass quantities. Thanks for asking.

Quote:
On Feb 14, 2016, Wardy wrote:
Oh yeah! A ten pack would be great. So many options, not enough pads!!

If interested in larger quantities - just send me a message or PM. Pro Bobby Motta in Canada for example ordered nearly 40 lbs of SvenPads last month - and I am happy to provide a quote.

Quote:
On Feb 14, 2016, Tim Hannig wrote:
I saw that Bob Cassidy recommends NOT flipping through the pages. (and I understand his reasoning)

Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you show that the pages are all different if you don't flip through them?

I just watched Oz Pearlman's Valentines routine, and he was flipping.

What's the alternative?

PS Excitedly waiting for my svenpads to arrive!!

When Eugene Burger handled his SvenPads back in October at Jeff McBride's Mystery School he recommended NOT flipping or riffling the pages - but rather OPENING the pad with both hands to some random pages. The act of opening looks natural and it it is just like opening a book - repeated again and again.

This is what I do. I will create a video later this week to show this and post it here.

As Egoli says above - if you do flip you should do it slowly and I at times do that too.

I vastly preferred Oz's management and handling directions he gave to Howie and Howard on AGT. Asking Meredith to riffle might have been a little risky - but in the end it was all fantastic.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I'm heading to a show now but a special request to all of you please:

If anyone has business related questions regarding the SvenPads (ie: price, buying in quantity, order status, etc) - PLEASE simply email or PM me directly and DO NOT post here on the thread.

I want to be respectful of the Café rules as this is a fantastic resource for all of us Smile

I'm deeply grateful to Café owner Steve Brooks for all the years I have been here and knowledge gleaned.

So lets keep comments here related to how you guys are using the SvenPads or questions/concerns which can assist existing users make the best of them.

Thank you!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Anand Khalsa
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
201 Posts

Profile of Anand Khalsa
I continue to be amazed by the reactions that I get with my SvenPad, and the nearly infinite versatility and flexibility of it.

If you haven't already gotten one of these, you're losing out.

If you don't believe me, listen to Bob Cassidy, Eugene Burger, Oz Pearlman, Michael Murray, and the many Café members who voted the SvenPads 'Trick of the Year'.

Brett has done a truly incredible job with this product.
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
I will be picking one up from Blackpool if they are not sold out before I get there.
Can I ask what people are writing in the pads and can you put more stuff on the pages to make it like a B.I.P book.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2016, Rob.m wrote:
I will be picking one up from Blackpool if they are not sold out before I get there.
Can I ask what people are writing in the pads and can you put more stuff on the pages to make it like a B.I.P book.

Lots of ideas on the Facebook page but I've personally used Peopje Magazine's 50 top male stars, top 50 phobias, top 50 Bollywood movies (for an Indian group - force was "3 Idiots" which was hilarious btw), 50 popular drawings, Cosmo Magazine's 50 Bucket List Places to Fool Around ("a pool of Jello").

BIP Book? Yes you can make your own BIP book and I know Preston (Jaizon) has used stamps and also experimented with adding things to the pages. Easy.

Also here is a quick video as promised on how I recommend turning the pages - as per Eugene Burger's advice:

TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Video of my first use of the Sven pad. Had a number of the top all time songs on the list and
forced the "Stairway to Heaven" song. Then I played a few bars of the song on the guitar.

One problem that turned out really not to be a problem after all is that the guy who was forced
the song right before I came back to pick up the book flipped through all the pages (the forced way) with his
thumb and freaked out because he thought I changed all the pages to say "Stairway to Heaven"!

I will know to take that book back now before the reveal of playing the song and put the book on the table. lol

Here is the clip: https://youtu.be/6aV62VOLvrc
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2016, NeilS wrote:
Yesterday I presented a show and - thanks to Greg's mention - had different phobias written in the pad. The process of reading a few out generated quite a bit of interest but I then gave the pad to someone I vaguely know and who is a skeptic. She opened the pad and after suitable build up, revealed the phobia she was thinking about.

She was absolutely blown away.

These pads are real workers and yet seem so utterly fair and normal. I love 'em.

Neil

Hey Neil, that's a great presentational idea mate. I like it a lot!
Wardy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
193 Posts

Profile of Wardy
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2016, TheAmazingSteveo wrote:
Video of my first use of the Sven pad. Had a number of the top all time songs on the list and
forced the "Stairway to Heaven" song. Then I played a few bars of the song on the guitar.

Great idea Steveo! I've been looking for a way to mingle music and magic! Cool performance too. Great way to open a show with the spectator as a random jukebox selector. I'll be doing it with an electric and drums. Yet another one to add to the long list of Sven possibilities.
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Love the idea of phobias written in the pad maybe when putting the book on their hand stick a spider on the back of the hand and have it escape from the book.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2016, Wardy wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2016, TheAmazingSteveo wrote:

Great idea Steveo! I've been looking for a way to mingle music and magic! Cool performance too. Great way to open a show with the spectator as a random jukebox selector. I'll be doing it with an electric and drums. Yet another one to add to the long list of Sven possibilities.

Thank you Wardy!

- Steve
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Just received my black mini SvenPads. They are the best solution for my needs and are as expertly made as the other versions. Plus the extra durability of the covers will be a huge bonus in my pocket.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2016, bond19 wrote:
Just received my black mini SvenPads. They are the best solution for my needs and are as expertly made as the other versions. Plus the extra durability of the covers will be a huge bonus in my pocket.

Thank you Christipher!

Anyone attending Bkackpoiol this weekend - stop by the Magic Box booth and Michael Murray will have a nice selection of SvenPads (everything except for the mini's as those just came out last week).

Michael created a fabulous SvenPads PDF which will exclusively be available for Blackpool attendees. Some if the cleverest thinking with the pads I've yet seen.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2015, John C wrote:
Anyone can make these. I would agree. But the pros who are making money make money and work because they don't spend their time sitting around making stuff like a preschooler. Why would any professional want to spend their time with arts and crafts?
J

I'd love to know where Bob Cassidy gets his pre-made S***** !@#$ envelopes ;-)
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I think bob makes them himself - which he teaches on his outstanding penguin lecture.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
Exactly!! Just drawing attention to the pomposity of the statement I quoted!!

That aside, I like the look of these, will be in touch soon!
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
When it comes to arts and crafts some things are worth making yourself and others are worth having them done properly. I'll be picking up my Sven pads at Blackpool.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The SvenPads (197 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..30~31~32 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL