The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The SvenPads (197 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11..15..19..23..27..30~31~32 [Next]
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
Or you could just get them laser cut yourself - just saying!
There is no holy grail!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Buyer's also receive an exclusive copy of the legendary Bob Cassidy's "Scary Movie Routine" which has been revised and enhanced especially for use with the SvenPad Supreme.

This routine is sourced from Bob's superb and highly recommended book "The Artful Mentalism Of Bob Cassidy: Volume 2" which may be seen and purchased here:

http://marketplaceofthemind.com/products/artfment2/
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I've asked to be banned
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
That's a great review!

I'm honored. Thanks for the link Iain.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I'm looking forward to receiving my pads as well. Brett, do you think that Crayola water-based markers will bleed through the pages? I know that a medium ball point pen is recommended but I am hoping for more bolder lettering...suggestions will be appreciated.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Jared -

For best results I'm now recommending gel type pens or a black China marker.

Your SvenPad set was sent like everyone's - yours priority mail to Rhode Island - on the way! Please let me know what you think.

I'm going to start a thread at inner thoughts tonight so we can all share ideas on using this tool.

Jheff in his review summed up the SvenaPad Supreme:

"Without a doubt, this is one of the best products of the year for mentalists."

Did not expect that at all and I'm thrilled to provide something working pros will use. These tools ain't going in the junk drawer.

Anyone who has been on the fence or wants to re-order should know that I am now sold out of the pocket size SvenPads and should have more stock in a week.

Orders will be processed in the order received so any orders coming in will be held and emails sent with an ETA. All orders received prior to noon today have been already been processed and mailed worldwide.

The stage size pads are still available. I was at the production facility yesterday and more SvenPads will be done by Tuesday.

Thank you!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Alex here.

I thought I would post my review of the new SvenPads by Brett.

When I first received them, I flipped through and instantly saw the quality of work that went into making this.

Laser precision, and something far better than what I had made in the past.

Back in the day, when THIS WAY UP first came around, I purchased the book, and made my own pad up from my local office supply store here in Mexico, and I actually made up two of them.

One for stage and one for close-up.

The close-up version was the Paul Brook version, and the stage version was the Colin version.

I used this pad to great success even though handmade by me and everything, but now that the SvenPads have been released, I have switched over to using the SvenPads and have made up the necessary.

I particulary liked the ideas and routines that you can merge into with these pads. In the near future, I might have to get some more.

Let me tell you something that happened to me at a gig over the weekend.

I was using my SvenPad at a table, and correctly divined the information......afterwards before I left for the evening, and gentleman came up to me, and said he had magic knowledge, a bit of it, and pretty much told me that he believed that the pad was gimmicked, and he pretty much told me the method, but being the professional that I am, I offered to show him something else, but the guy was insisting that the pad was special, and I neither obliged nor told him anything, and just kept talking to him, and he said, Ok, I will believe the you, if you can tell me some personal information about myself that nobody knows, and then we are talking.............talk about persistence, plus I had nothing to prove to anyone, I could have just stopped, but being that I am an avid cold reader, and consider myself quite good at it, I opted to give this guy a reading privately.....I was hitting everything.......and then came the motherload of them all......he was already surprised at what I was telling him, but then he said.......if you can tell me what I did yesterday, you would be the greatest magician I have ever seen, and I will believe you have some special power........anyway to make the long story short........I opted to tell him what he did yesterday.....which was something obscene at a movie theatre......cold reading talking again......and he pretty much clapped, and shook my hand, afterwards, I told him.....here take the pad, and look at it.......he flipped through it and could find nothing.......why???? because I gave him the ungimmicked one......has all the same info just about........so he was scratching his head.........this guy was floored with the SvenPad, sicne he thought he knew the method, but then he really didn't.......jajajajajajajaajjaaja......well I am happy to report that because of the SvenPad, I have gotten 3 more bookings soon, since he says he will always hire me at every party he does, and he has already told all his friends and family about the guy that told him his most personal secret...............

The SvenPad is a great utility tool that one can use on stage, which I plan to use to replace my other pad I had made, and closeup which as you can see above I have already used with great success, even pusing the envelope a bit, but this pad alone has already paid for itself many times over.

Your imagination is the key, and you can create any routine you want from this, and make it your own.

I plan to purchase more, and this is something that will always be in my repertoire, due to the flexibility of the props, and the structure and routine of how everything plays........it is so innocent and fair looking.

This gets my highest recommendation, and if Craig and Dave review it on the WPR one day I am sure they will give it Worker of the week.

Gets 100% from me, due to versatility, props, routining, quality, craftsmanship,and self-motivation to create your own routines.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Shanlip
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
141 Posts

Profile of Shanlip
My order is in, and now eagerly await the arrival Downunder!
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
For best results I'm now recommending gel type pens or a black China marker.

Brett,
Respectfully;
when I set up the first pad I tested a China marker, ie the Listo brand on similar paper quality
I could see the writing flowed out / Smeared when I came near it with my fingers, so I used a common medium ballpoint pen.
I have ordered the gel pen for later use
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Very helpful - I haven't sent out a blanket recommendation yet on the china markers or listo.

In my own testing the gel based pens like the Pentel worked great with no bleed.

Thanks Sven!
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
I think a bit much has been said in the "What is the history" section. Other than that, best of luck. I have been using a home-made pad for a good while now, and the routines you can come up with are almost unending.
ahofer
View Profile
New user
Ossining, New York
92 Posts

Profile of ahofer
I have not been on the Café for a while, but had to come back here for this thread. Some of the negativity I'm seeing reminds me why I don't visit quite so often any more, opting for FB groups instead...

First off, after having seen saysold1's posts many times in past years, I'm happy that NOW I know who you are! (Hi, Brett!).

I met Brett last month in Las Vegas, and when he handed me his SvenPad, I instantly knew I was holding something very special in my hands. I'm not only very crafty with razor blades, paper, cutting mats and glue, I also worked in the printing and publishing industries doing paste-up the old fashioned way and am very well acquainted with paper handling and construction of gimmicks.

I've seen certain posters in this thread repeatedly comment that they don't understand why you'd buy these pads since you can "make them yourself." Well, unless you've examined these closely, you will not realize that there's NO WAY you'll make these yourself by hand. Nothing you can construct with handmade craft will be anything like the quality in these pads; it will be a crude imitation at best. If you can equal these pads with a hand made version, you have my sincere respect, but I truly doubt it.

If you KNOW how they work, and hold one in your hand, and squint your eyes and look for the special feature, you will NOT see anything. Maybe with a magnifying glass, but the telltale attributes you'd expect to find in this device are NOT visible to the naked eye.

Now, maybe it's not necessary to have such perfection in this device. Surely most laypeople won't discover anything even if you play arts and crafts and make your own. But these pads do not in any way look hand made, they look exactly as if they came from OfficeMax (and bear a label to give that impression). If you want to work on the cheap, by all means, make your own. If you want perfection, consider this investment. As others have said, the testimonials by mentalists the likes of Bob Cassidy, Luca Volpe and Craig Filecetti are sincere and well deserved. And I am looking forward to incorporating them into my performance immediately.

BTW, thanks for the pen recommendations.

Andy Hofer
Ossining, NY
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I received my Sven pads today and I'm hugely impressed! For those who initially questioned the price (myself included),these are totally worth the money! There's no way that you can make homemade pads look as good as these. I had to put on my magnifier readers to see the difference in page length. The covers are also strikingly beautiful(glossy white finish) making them ideal for professional work...HIGHLY recommended!
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Were they supposed to come with an ungimmicked pad duplicate? I didn't receive these.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2015, elimagic wrote:
Were they supposed to come with an ungimmicked pad duplicate? I didn't receive these.

POLL TIME!

Ungimmicked SvePad duplicates were never a part of the package offered.

But...

Great question Eli as I have been approached by quite a few purchasers who have expressed an interest in having some MATCHING UNGIMMICKED SvenPads for those moments when you want to do a swit*h or when someone asks to see the pad after your show. The pages on these pads would be equal length - and the pads matching in every way.

So I received a quote from my supplier and I will probably be able to offer a set of 3 ungimmicked pads to existing purchasers for $15.00 for the set.

Can those of you who own the SvenPad or have considered them - would you be interested if I offered a set of non-gimmicked pads?
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
Sure I would be in.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Not sure I would need three... but maybe have a package that includes one too.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
I would be interested for sure

Also, just to add my two cents to the discussion.
I would sum up the Svenpads as simplicity perfected. They do what you need them to do when you need it done.
Simple as that.

I will be buying another set.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2015, ahofer wrote:
I have not been on the Café for a while, but had to come back here for this thread. Some of the negativity I'm seeing reminds me why I don't visit quite so often any more, opting for FB groups instead...

First off, after having seen saysold1's posts many times in past years, I'm happy that NOW I know who you are! (Hi, Brett!).

I met Brett last month in Las Vegas, and when he handed me his SvenPad, I instantly knew I was holding something very special in my hands. I'm not only very crafty with razor blades, paper, cutting mats and glue, I also worked in the printing and publishing industries doing paste-up the old fashioned way and am very well acquainted with paper handling and construction of gimmicks.

I've seen certain posters in this thread repeatedly comment that they don't understand why you'd buy these pads since you can "make them yourself." Well, unless you've examined these closely, you will not realize that there's NO WAY you'll make these yourself by hand. Nothing you can construct with handmade craft will be anything like the quality in these pads; it will be a crude imitation at best. If you can equal these pads with a hand made version, you have my sincere respect, but I truly doubt it.

If you KNOW how they work, and hold one in your hand, and squint your eyes and look for the special feature, you will NOT see anything. Maybe with a magnifying glass, but the telltale attributes you'd expect to find in this device are NOT visible to the naked eye.

Now, maybe it's not necessary to have such perfection in this device. Surely most laypeople won't discover anything even if you play arts and crafts and make your own. But these pads do not in any way look hand made, they look exactly as if they came from OfficeMax (and bear a label to give that impression). If you want to work on the cheap, by all means, make your own. If you want perfection, consider this investment. As others have said, the testimonials by mentalists the likes of Bob Cassidy, Luca Volpe and Craig Filecetti are sincere and well deserved. And I am looking forward to incorporating them into my performance immediately.

BTW, thanks for the pen recommendations.

Andy Hofer
Ossining, NY

Thanks Andy!

:-)
Anand Khalsa
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
201 Posts

Profile of Anand Khalsa
I would definitely be interested in some normal matching pads! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The SvenPads (197 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11..15..19..23..27..30~31~32 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL