The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The SvenPads (197 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..16..20..24..28..30~31~32 [Next]
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2015, saysold1 wrote:

Here you go - taken at Venice Beach this past weekend.

Still working on it so it is at a rough stage, but I like the idea of using blank pages.

Also I showed the female spectator the all blank pages at the END but the camera missed it... and I was using the new non-gimmicked SvenPad which I switched out in my back pocket:

I loved that Brett.Very good way of using the Svenpad.
Todd
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1436 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
WOW !

I am impressed by Brett five stars service.
I had an issue with shipping to Canada.

He solved the problem in 30 minutes ans shipped my pad the same day.

What else can I say !!!!!

Thank you so much .
mimo67
View Profile
Elite user
France
428 Posts

Profile of mimo67
I had problems with delivery too and the pads finaly arrived to France to me today after 3 weeks travalling around the world !
Brett has always been behind me to follow up the delivery, he is up to my highest expectations and I urge you to buy those from him, you won't be let don't.
Bravo and thanks Brett !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
967 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I got mine today.
I like it!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
International shipping first class - during the busy holidays - is rough.

Over 99% of the international orders are getting to their destinations but it's taking 3 weeks or more in some cases.

I guarantee delivery and if an order doesn't get there I will resend and upgrade the shipping at my expense.

Orders go out within 24 hours As long as I have inventory.

Thanks again and thrilled when you guys are thrilled!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
350zTT
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of 350zTT
Had to order this after seeing all the positive comments...can't wait to receive mine!!!!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12313 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2015, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2015, Jean-Luc.R. wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2015, The Baldini wrote:
Brett,
Your new concept in the video is absolutely brilliant. Thanks for sharing . The ending of the routine came as a huge surprise and it was again amazing.

Dave

which video ?

Here you go - taken at Venice Beach this past weekend.

Still working on it so it is at a rough stage, but I like the idea of using blank pages.

Also I showed the female spectator the all blank pages at the END but the camera missed it... and I was using the new non-gimmicked SvenPad which I switched out in my back pocket:

O K.... That was pretty awesome. Great idea.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
As you can see in the video (which was really the 1st time testing the concept) I am toying with the idea of making all the non-f pages blanks, while the f pages all have a repeated simple drawing + a word on them written in pencil.

I then label the pad on the outside cover "50 Popular Doodle Images."

I introduce the pad to a group and explain that there are 50 images on the pad - and ask one person to close their eyes as I show all the images to the rest of the group. I ask the group to not react as they see the images. I then openly flip the pages slowly showing all pages as blanks - letting the group in on the secret. Next I ask the participant to open their eyes and hold the pad in the left hand, opening with the right thumb as others turn away so they have privacy.

I then put the SvenPad away and do a drawing duplication first - holding when done over the head of the participant as they describe the image in their mind. Then I ask them if a word comes to mind - but not to say it out loud.

I then write the word holding it to my stomach and hiding it - then revealing what I wrote AFTER they say it out loud.

The spectator is amazed since I picked up twice on their thoughts - but the kicker is asking the surrounding audience to tell them the "secret" - that ALL the pages were in fact BLANKS.

As a prover I can then take out the gimmicked SvenPad and flip the pages to show all blanks - or switch (in a back or jacket breast pocket) with the brand new NON GIMMICKED POCKET SIZE SvenPads - and hand the pad out for inspection.

The non-gimmicked SvenPads are now available here: http://www.phoenixmentalist.com/the-svenpad/

(I did this last night at a fancy restaurant dinner party and one spectator at the end screamed and ran to an outside veranda- screamed loudly again to the street below, then he walked back inside with eyes rolling)
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2413 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Curious why a pencil this time, rather than gel ink.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2015, The Baldini wrote:
Curious why a pencil this time, rather than gel ink.

To avoid any possible see-through.

The gel ink I recommend is perfect - but with all blank pages I wanted to make sure there was zero possibility of anything showing through in strong lighting. In my testing pencil works the best Smile
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2413 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Britt.
That's a great tip thanks for sharing with us.

Dave
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
Deep In the Heart of Texas
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Hi. Which pencils do you recommend?

Thanks!
Chapter 18 (Member circa 1938)
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Hi Kuroth -

I just used regular golf pencils since I have many on hand for shows.

VIDEO COMPETITION!

Hey enough of my videos - would love to see some of YOU SvenPad owners owners post YOUR performances & ideas!!!

How about ringing in the new year with a new year's Sven-Competition?

Anyone between now and January 31st who posts a video HERE of their Sven-Performance will be entered into a random drawing to win a DOZEN way cool SvenPad Supreme pads (4 Pocket Size SvenPads, 4 Stage Size SvenPads, and 4 non-gimmicked pads + 6 Pentel Gel Ink Pens) shipped FREE PRIORITY MAIL anywhere in the world!

Over $275 in Sven-Goodies for the lucky winner!

The only rules are that the video must be at least 60 seconds (or longer), and show off ANY routine using your SvenPad.

ONE random winner will be chosen by our beloved hero CRAIG FILICETTI (of the legendary ProMystic) on February 1st... based on all videos posted here at the Café.

The winner will be notified here on 2/1/16.

Look forward to seeing your creativity in action - and may the best Sven win!

Sven Rygh in Norway may have an unfair edge Smile
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1268 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
These pads are really nice, Brett. It's great to know we have you as a resource out there for this, and being a non-handy human being, I am very glad I don't have to make any up from this point onward.
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
These look pretty interesting.. Would they work ok?

http://www.amazon.com/Prismacolor-Premie......d+Pencil
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
They should work fine.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6465 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Just thought of a simple idea... I'm sure it's probably been in someone's mind before: You use this at a wedding or for two in love, etc... in the style of Anniversary Waltz. So you have two pads that you say you collected things others have drawn. You've made a duplicate pad with the same stuff but put the images in different places from the first pad. You show both pads around to demonstrate all the various choices.

Now you bring up the couple and put them back to back. They are each to open their pads and then draw what they randomly saw. You know where this is going. In the end the couple has drawn the same thing.

Of course, if you want to make it a bit magicky, they end up drawing a heart or a rose or some other love symbol. I would stick with having them draw something not in the genre... just a regular drawing.

Anyway, just a quick thought.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Nice Greg...
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
A huge massive New Years hug for Greg Arce - who has generously shared countless ideas on routining and slaying any audience with your SvenPads!

I get many emails with ideas. One from Australia today said he was using his for an ideal solution to his signature mental epic effect.

Here is the Facebook group link - the group is not yet private although that could change. Tons of Sven Ideas here:

https://m.facebook.com/SvenPadSupreme/?ref=bookmarks
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
I just love that idea Greg.
Great ideas just keep coming in.
Todd Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The SvenPads (197 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..16..20..24..28..30~31~32 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL