The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The SvenPads (197 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..19..22..25..28..30~31~32 [Next]
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
#2 idea

Using doodles / scrambles / fast drawing notes:
Svenpad: When travelling you take visual notes of interesting things/details of what you see around.
Contents: Drawing, Place/City, Hour
Spectator: asked to memorize much he can (other people don't know of the extra bits)

Now with the info begin to Entertain.

Cheers
jgeerts
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of jgeerts
I made my SvenPad with different things on each page, so I can use one or more elements for the same routine.
For the public, I introduced it as a 'holiday diary'. I wrote all the interesting things that I saw during my holidays.

Each elements are on force page but to different locations. Sometimes the information is written and sometimes it's a drawing.
In this way, even page forces are different from each other so you can riffle the force page but anyone are the same.

In my case, on a force page :

- Write a date , the December 20 to 24 and 26 to 30 December (So each date is different but you can describe the same thing (Christmas)).
- one hour (19:00, 7 pm). A drawing or writing.
- Write a city or an interesting place ( so you can describe it or describe what kind of food we eat in this country.
- Choose the most recognizable Tom cruise's movie (so you can use the Baby Gag routine or describe the movie or just find the actor).
- Write or draw an object that can be called differently (ring, circle, alliance ...)
- Choose a number.
- Write or draw the picture of the Mona Lisa
- Write the name of a booktest (so you can predict a book and after that you go with a booktest routine).

I hope my idea will give inspiration to others.

Thanks.
John
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Even if my name implies that my main focus is on cards, I am actually interested in everything that is based on paper and cardboard. All the packages that you get from me are designed by me, and the newer ones like Daredevil Deck or Out of Sight are really complex.

That is why I like two products actually that are not put out by me: Amazebox and these Svenpads.

That is why I contacted Brett to get these SvenPads for MagiFest. So if you want to check them out live, come over to my booth.

I reallly admire the quality of these. Certainly you could make them yourself, but I doubt that your skills come close to this craftsmanship.

See you all at MagiFest.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Just to reiterate - a limited supply of SvenPads will EXCLUSIVELY be made available at MagiFest in Ohio at the Card-Shark booth!

Very excited to be partnering with Christian for making them available to those attending the show. Card-Shark can surely demo these bad boys for you so you can SEE AND FEEL the quality.

Also the amazing and generous Michael Murray (Celebrity) will also have an exclusive supply of SvenPads at BLACKPOOL end of February at his Magic Box stand. He has some crazy and advanced ideas on using these that frankly make my brain hurt they are so clever.

I fully expect that the SvenPads will sell out quickly at MagiFest and Blackpool so I suggest attendees walk over and inquire early.

Each and every SvenPad was hand checked by me personally for perfection before shipping.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Bobby Motta
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Bobby Motta
I had the pleasure of chatting with Brett at Mindvention at which time he had told me about his new upcoming release "SvenPad" and was gracious enough to send me a set to try out shortly thereafter. I am currently entering into my 5th season of a weekly theatre show to which I perform 4 shows per week and have the ability to test out new material every now and then and I have to tell you, as a worker, the SvenPad is real. It doesn't just do the job, it destroys. I cant speak highly enough of this. It's perfect in every way. Here is my response to Brett in an email, word for word, "Ok...So I have to tell you that at first I was a bit skeptical as to how your pads were going to turn out.... let me tell you my friend, TOTAL GAME CHANGER!!!! I use it in my pk touches routine and it's almost too strong. Its a firm part of my show now and I hope you don't sell too many..its too good!!! Absolutely ridiculous!... btw.. I'm ordering more!!!!"

bm
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I must confess I have not yet got one of these pads as I have been racking my brains how best I could use it. And I think I may have hit upon something that would certainly work for me.

But first: A zen poem

Dragonfly on a rock -
absorbed in
a daydream.

I love the imagery and simplicity of the words. And it got me thinking.

Using the Sven pad you could write words that were evocative and could create pleasing images, eg butterfly on a flower, seagull on a rock, starfish in a pool, bluebells in a wood, sparkling rocks in a stream etc. As you divine the image you could build it up, bit by bit, mentioning perhaps colour, setting etc so making the revelation more intriguing and pleasing, both the listen to and picture.

Neil
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Okay, thought of a weird combination routine: You show five pads. Four of them have something printed on the cover. One pad has Bad Dreams, another has Auditory, another has Odor and another has Taste. You explain that each pad contains things that bring up memories. Bad Dreams can be about spiders, the dark, etc. Auditory are sounds that bring up a memory like alarms, gun shots, cat's purr, etc. Odors can bring up good or bad thoughts: rotting garbage, rose, eggs, etc. Certain Tastes bring up memory: ice cream, beer, chips, etc. You explain the pad without something on the outside has to do with things that might influence you to think one way or another.

Okay, so one at a time you have four people each look at one pad. You are able to call out what they are associating or remembering due to what they saw on the pad. Now you put the four pads together and bring up one more person. You explain that this person will be influence by what they pick in the pad. You show the audience, but not that spectator, that the pad is all blank. You say to the spectator, "Don't worry. It's just an experiment. I won't let you DRIFT alone. I'll be a LIFE LINE for you... act as a LIFE... a SAVER of sorts. In a moment I want you to open the pad anywhere and SEA something. Let it come over you like a WAVE of memories. Once you get the image in your mind try to ANCHOR it to something you might have seen or experience. Okay, look at something." They do.

Now you go through a step by step process and finally get a bit of what they are seeing. You might even have them draw what the see in their head and you do the same. Eventually you both have thought and drawn a boat. You then show that persons that all the pages were blank and that the words you used influenced them to think that way. You go over your previous dialogue and verbally highlight the influencing words. But you say, "I also wanted this to be a visual influence too. Did you notice the pads as I held them?' now you display the original pads in a fan to the audience. Part of the words are covered by the pad above them and the last one you hand is covering most of the word... so the only letters that are seen on the pads are: B, O, A & T

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

For those of you that have this, I have made up the SvenPads in several ways:

1) You can combine the SvenPad principle with Fraser Parker's Memoria

2) I have created a routine using cold reading, in which you divine a memory from a person's past along with a childhood friend(think Peter Turner) and you will understand my thinking

Both have gone over very well for me, and that is my preferred methods for the SvenPads.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I just got my pads today. I must say the workmanship in unbelievable. My mind is now thinking of the various ways to use this. Highly recommended.
Shufton
View Profile
Veteran user
California
316 Posts

Profile of Shufton
I received my complimentary copy of SvenPads today. Thanks Brett!

Brett has taken an old idea and created the best working version I have seen. Excellent quality, and absolutely deceptive. If you can't find a use for these pads, think more! There is also a lot to think about here for the non-mentalist. Any magician should be able to find a creative use for these pads.

Congratulations, Brett, on a job very well done!

-Steve Shufton
Fobulous, Emergency Cash, 3D Paradox, PS-I Love You, X-Ray, The Portal, Ultimate Floating Match, Miracle Premonition... and more!
http://www.shufton.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Saw these at Magi-Fest and they are so deceptive and look so unassuming, I darn near wanted to take up mentalism. Smile But, as a close up magician with a strong focus on cards, I still see uses for this in the way of predictions, revelations... Great item and they seriously pass close up scrutiny. Even knowing the principle that makes them work as they do, you cannot tell by looking at them. Very nice job.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
On another forum someone was talking about using this for phobias.

I got these two ideas:

The phobia idea reminded me of a trick from Mike Close that can be worked in a similar way. So they are forced coulrophobia (fear of clowns) and you end up slowly getting it. I picture you standing back to back to the person as you get and are writing something on a pad

You end up facing forwards with the spectator and turn your pad around to showing your wrote Fear of Clowns, but you hold the pad so it covers your face. As you bring it down they see you are wearing a red clown nose.

And:

Just thought of a funny idea with the fear idea: They pick Nyctophobia (fear of the dark). Just as you are about to turn your prediction around all the lights go off in your theater.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I really like the Phobia idea and thanks Greg for mentioning it.

I have now got these pads on order and a couple of other thoughts have occurred.

You could write favourite quotations in the pad, so making it a meaningful and personal book test.

Or, you could have a selection of quips and one liners. By reading some of these out, hopefully they will generate some amusement as will the one eventually chosen by the spectator.

Neil
Anand Khalsa
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
201 Posts

Profile of Anand Khalsa
So many great ideas! Just goes to show the versatility of this product!
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Hi Guys!

It's official, Brett Barry's SvenPads won first place in Jamie Grants trick of the year! Woohoo! Congrats to Brett! It's well deserved! And thanks Jamie for doing this, as it helps so many of us make informed decisions!! Smile
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
From my Facebook page:

3 months ago I started a brand new journey - releasing my very first new product- a powerful "tool" for Mentalists and Magicians. It was a risk and I had no idea how it would play out.

Today my mind reading effect was voted by my peers around the world as the #1 trick released in 2015.

Insane and totally unexpected.

1200 units have been sold in less than 90 days and even cooler - I've gotten to share something that I loved with many of the best mentalists & Magicians in the universe.

This reminds me of how reinvention at ANY age is possible. Just take the risk.

Thank you to Lise and my kids Lindis & Tira for their support... and to my friend Craig F for encouraging me to put it on the market - and especially to the performers who purchased & voted and decided my little baby was meaningful to their work.

Thanks also to Jamie Grant - who shows by beautiful example that "Anything Is Possible"
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Well done congratulations
DR
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Many congratulations Brett, and richly deserved.

Neil
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Thanks John, Neil and David Smile

A bit of advice for SvenPad owners - taken directly from Bob Cassidy's included "Scary Movie" routine.

I include this advice because I know a few people have run into a situation where the spectator doesn't follow the given instructions to open to a single page. Bob's advice is significant because he recommends NOT necessarily flipping through the pages to start BUT rather opening up to pages. If the spectator see you flipping then they may be inclined to do the same regardless of what you say or demo:

"I urge you to NOT
display the pages by riffling them.

For one thing, you
may remind someone in the audience about their
magic coloring book or Svengali deck they had as a
kid. This is not an image you want to evoke at this
time. But more importantly, you don’t want to illustrate
the riffle move and then explain to a spectator that
you want her to select a film by copying. If you use
the riffle to show the cards to be different, you run
the serious risk of having the spectator also riffle them too while making her selection.

Why risk that?

I insure this doesn’t ever happen carelessly by telling AND demonstrating to the
volunteer to be sure to peek only one page with her thumb by “breaking the pad open
with your right thumb while holding it flat in the left hand,” and getting a quick peek at a
movie. “Otherwise, many images will pass through your mind and it will be difficult for
me to receive a bunch of conflicting images at the same time.”
Paul Fitzgerald
View Profile
Regular user
Panama City, Panama
124 Posts

Profile of Paul Fitzgerald
Excellent service from Brett with my order for the Svenpads, great communication and quality product.
Very reliable and someone you can trust.
Congratulations sir!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The SvenPads (197 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..19..22..25..28..30~31~32 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL