The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The SvenPads (197 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27..30~31~32 [Next]
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Look at these things! I'm really excited about these; IMO SvenPad KøD are the best and most deceptive version since the post-its.
dunraven
View Profile
Regular user
Austin, TX
124 Posts

Profile of dunraven
I really enjoy the Svenpads. Svengali decks are all about the reveal, and that is true with these pads as well. I came up with a routine where I have 2 pads, one with drinks (martini, champagne, etc.) and one with musicians. After the spectators each flip through and "randomly" select a page, I proceed to read their minds as music mix plays in the background (my patter relates to the music, which relates to the selections, which is timed to the "reveal"). Then, for a finale, I take an empty frame, cover it with a scarf, and then quickly remove to reveal . . . you guessed it, the selected musician drinking the selected drink.
dunraven
View Profile
Regular user
Austin, TX
124 Posts

Profile of dunraven
Here's the photo I use for the reveal.

https://grapefriend.com/2011/12/20/no-on......ampagne/
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Nicely done, love it
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Awesomeness
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Using the new KOD pad!! This is cool! You guys got to get a few!!
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The innovative new SvenPad KoD is now officially out - more than 700 units sold out all of my production - however more will be available within the next week.

They are available NOW at only the best dealers in the world including Alakazam, Stevens Magic, Pegani, Hocus Pocus, Vanishing Inc, Marketplace Of The Mind, Magicshop.Nl, and Hey Presto in Australia. More dealers ahead with some big announcements.

The SvenPad KoD is the world's first spiral bound SvenPad. It is my personal favorite now and handles like a dream.

Watch your TV's tonight BTW... Smile

A VERY nice review today of the unique SvenPad KoD's from Jheff at Marketplace Of The Mind:

"What I'm most excited about are the new KoD Pads from Brett Barry, which are the latest in SvenPads.

The original SvenPads were pretty much a lock on the best mentalism products of the year. The only reason is wasn't crowned the best was because the idea itself wasn't necessarily original. That, of course, has absolutely no bearing on its incredible usefulness and impressive production value. But when comparing it to other products that came out last year, it mattered.

That is not the case with these.

The new KoD pads look like memo pads, not notepads. Yet the papers inside work exactly like the other SvenPads and allow you to know exactly what the participant will be choosing. It comes in two colors - a red cover or a yellow cover.

I really think this is going to be an industry standard.

And, right now, this is the product to beat to be my pick for the best mentalism product of the year. My official comments are below and there is also a separate page on my website for the complete line of SvenPads. If you're still unsure as to whether you'll use them or not, let me just say that the SvenPads have been used by performers on America's Got Talent, Britain's Got Talent, and many other TV shows. If the pros are using it on TV, then it's certainly a major argument in favor of using these, right?"

http://marketplaceofthemind.com/products/svenpadkod/
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2016, saysold1 wrote:
If the pros are using it on TV, then it's certainly a major argument in favor of using these, right?"

http://marketplaceofthemind.com/products/svenpadkod/

And if Oz used his homemade Sven pad on TV then it's certainly a major argument in favor of using them on TV and anywhere for that matter.

Just silly.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I can't control who uses what and where. Using it on AGT was the idea of the producers.

People should use what works for them - other than that, nothing matters.

I wasn't wild about the use on AGT this round - the power is in a hands off use, with good thought in the routine.

The way they used it last night was very weak.

On another note, the newly released SvenPad KoD is the finest SvenPad ever made - 1000% unique, and a beauty in the hands.

I guarantee there is nothing else in the world that touches the newest SvenPad KoD with the world's first spiral binding. It is extremely deceptive.

More innovations are in the works.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Just to chime in;
The KøD pads arrived today, and they are really some beauties!

I can not wait to start using them!
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I just received a KOD. I own 2 Sven Pad pockets and post-it notes. The KOD may be even better/more deceptive than all previous versions. I tried to make my own Sven pads out of spiral bound books, but they weren't as reliable due to shifting. The construction of the KOD is perfect- no shifting, perfect force, and small, even cuts. Really, these are incredible.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
KOD's are the best ever IMO.
Really a leap forward in this type of prop with some subtleties that make it even more innocent looking and convincing.

I even like how the cover was changed since the original promo pictures were taken. It now says 50 sheets on the cover rather than 40 (that always bugged me.)
Yeah, why not make it look like they have even more choices? Plus, it looks better if you want to do, for instance a force of the 50 states, or playing cards, or anything along those lines. True, very few would ever notice it but it's all in the details, right?
Nice also that it is available in 2 different color covers.
I, for one, am glad that Brett pays attention to details.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
PM you saysold1
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2016, videoman wrote:
KOD's are the best ever IMO.
Really a leap forward in this type of prop with some subtleties that make it even more innocent looking and convincing.

I even like how the cover was changed since the original promo pictures were taken. It now says 50 sheets on the cover rather than 40 (that always bugged me.)
Yeah, why not make it look like they have even more choices? Plus, it looks better if you want to do, for instance a force of the 50 states, or playing cards, or anything along those lines. True, very few would ever notice it but it's all in the details, right?
Nice also that it is available in 2 different color covers.
I, for one, am glad that Brett pays attention to details.

Sharp eyes!

I never actually told anyone or announced the printing change on the front of the KoD Svenpads from 40 to 50. The idea was helpfully suggested by mentalist Dr. Eamon in the Netherlands and thank you to him for the suggestion.

I am thrilled you like the new KoD pads! Insane right?

They are my proudest achievement with this project - they are the finest & most deceptive SvenPads ever created... and nothing else touches 'em.

This journey started almost one year ago to the day. It has been a lot of fun.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
These are absolutely worth every penny imo.
Fantastic products.
I second every great bit of feedback mentioned so far.

252Happy
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Hi Guys,

If these beatuies now available at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/collections/svenpads

Best,
Martin
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The gorgeous new American 8.5 x 11 (3 hole punched, 1st time ever in a SvenPad)and Euro A4 stage size SvenPad KoD's will be released exclusively at MindVention next month!

Watch for the new large format KoD format ... on the Rachel R*y show on October 26th with O* Pearl*man.

We also have some gorgeous new large format water based PENS that were helpfully suggested by Apollo Robbins that will also be available (limited supply) at our SvenPads MindVention Booth.

The new larger formats + a special edition ParaPad style version will be available exclusively to prior customers and our FaceBook group members first.

Also thanks to Theory 11 and Jonathan Bayme for partnering with me and releasing the new special edition SvenPad KoD this past week - featuring Magician Blake Vogt:

https://store.theory11.com/products/svenpad-by-brett-barry

Click here to view attached image.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2016, schramek wrote:
I really enjoy the Svenpads. Svengali decks are all about the reveal, and that is true with these pads as well. I came up with a routine where I have 2 pads, one with drinks (martini, champagne, etc.) and one with musicians. After the spectators each flip through and "randomly" select a page, I proceed to read their minds as music mix plays in the background (my patter relates to the music, which relates to the selections, which is timed to the "reveal"). Then, for a finale, I take an empty frame, cover it with a scarf, and then quickly remove to reveal . . . you guessed it, the selected musician drinking the selected drink.

Excellent! Thanks for the great ideas
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Brett, You're a Super Star ! Smile

Next time you see Misty Lee, give her a hug from me ! lol

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
johndamen
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of johndamen
Just a quick question to save me 17 pages of this thread....is there anything added to the paper quality of these pads for durability? You riffle any pad of paper enough times and the pages will begin to warp and wear out. After all, its just a pad of paper. How long will these last for the high price tag?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The SvenPads (197 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27..30~31~32 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL