The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The SvenPads (197 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26~27~28..30~31~32 [Next]
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Yes, the pages are not dime store thickness. Just like dime stores have next to nothing for a dime anymore. Smile
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Still loving my many SvenPads
Get the new KOD notebook! I'm making up a new one with shorty stories written within
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2016, Justin Lewis wrote:
Still loving my many SvenPads
Get the new KOD notebook! I'm making up a new one with shorty stories written within

Nice! Never thought of that...great idea.
That could raise the ante in interesting ways me thinks.
Entire story lines, as opposed to a word, opens up a lot of territory imo.
Thanks for sharing that.
(One of those ideas that seem obvious in retrospect, but honestly wasn't to me.)

252ShortStories
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2016, johndamen wrote:
Just a quick question to save me 17 pages of this thread....is there anything added to the paper quality of these pads for durability? You riffle any pad of paper enough times and the pages will begin to warp and wear out. After all, its just a pad of paper. How long will these last for the high price tag?

So with the SvenPad KoD Spiral binding pads - the lined paper is created just for the production of these pads. In other words we do not use regular lined paper, but rather a heavier paper that is custom printed (by us) with lines on both sides. It looks perfect visually, and if using a recommended gel ink pen (any will do) you will not get any bleed or show through.

We chose to use 40 pages in the SvenPad KoD memo pad books (pad cover states 50 pages). The upcoming new 8.5 x 11' or A4 stage size KoD pads will have 50 sheets of lined paper (and the covers will say 100 sheets).

Little details matter. On the upcoming A4 size KoD pads the printed lines are a gray color, just like the Tesco and other well known pads in the UK. American lined college ruled paper is more blueish lines, with the red line vertically on the left.

So - like everything about the SvenPads, no stone was left un-turned. The paper on the KoD pads is superb, and the spiral binding is really special.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
TomConsole
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of TomConsole
Got my SvenPad KoD yesterday. Looks AMAZING! Highly recommended to all. It will have a ton of uses, and it looks so natural. Just like picking up an ordinary notebook like just about any household or office would normally have sitting around. And the spiral binding keeps it all together so well. 5 Stars Brett!
Tom
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Seeing that Justin mentioned filling his pads with shorty stories. Haiku (my favourite form of poetry) could also be used - short and with beautiful imagery.

Or, if wanting to keep the number of words down per page, poetic images that could be visualised could be a good alternative. Again, reading some haiku would provide an abundance of ideas.

Neil
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Maybe we can be kept up to date with how many "units" have been sold each week?

What was a beautiful mentalism secret is now becoming as ubiquitous as a Svengali deck. And will soon be about as transparent if the dreadful performances on amateur TV talent shows and talk shows are anything to go by.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2016, Martin Pulman wrote:
Maybe we can be kept up to date with how many "units" have been sold each week?

What was a beautiful mentalism secret is now becoming as ubiquitous as a Svengali deck. And will soon be about as transparent if the dreadful performances on amateur TV talent shows and talk shows are anything to go by.

Cheaper and available everywhere now. Non stop hawking...ugh
Not the end of the world, but sure can't be helpful imo.

-Theodore Annemann
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Maybe one of the producers of the various Svengali Pads can link up with Walmart?

They could call them "TV MAGIC PADS" or something? Shift a lot more units.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Good idea for marketing! And for the rest: Like Al Baker I look what's up-to-date and used by many and stay away - at least for some time Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Wonder how long until these end up in kids magic kits.....
Arrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh!

Oh well, back to my worsening wallet addiction I guess.
I suspect I could build a Franken Cow by now.

252Nightmares

-Theodore Annemann
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
A holiday gift: An interview with my head manufacturer and comparisons with the SvenPads and some of the knock-offs.

The SvenPads remain the #1 utility prop of it's kind in the world. Each is hand checked at least twice for perfection. The paper is the perfect thickness - the styles are numerous and far beyond simple black pads.

Some will gravitate to the cheapest or making home made: Good for you if that serves your needs or if price is the only concern.

My clients and dealers know that when they buy the original SvenPads they become part of a family - with a 100% satisfaction guaranty, incredible quality, caring service, communication, strong support after the sale, fast and reliable shipping, extensive written & video instructional tips, our Facebook private page with more than 900+ members and counting, and the ability to contact me (the creator) personally anytime.

The SvenPads were voted as last Years Magic Café "Trick Of The Year" for good reason: Performers love and trust them for their work.

Thank you to the pros and hobbyists worldwide who continue to embrace the original, the leader - the SvenPad Supreme.

Enjoy this new side-by side instructional video. Happy Holidays to all of you - see you in 2017 Smile

Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
MAGIC325
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of MAGIC325
Sahsold,
Great video. I don't recall any other producer posting a video like this. This is very informative.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Really nice video, thx

-Theodore Annemann
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Man, I'm going to get that guy to make me a few hundred thousand. Haha
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2016, John C wrote:
Man, I'm going to get that guy to make me a few hundred thousand. Haha

Your order is in John!

I will trade for donations to your favorite holiday charity Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2016, MAGIC325 wrote:
Sahsold,
Great video. I don't recall any other producer posting a video like this. This is very informative.

Thanks.

I'm sure we will hear shortly from the naysayers and Sven poopers.

As my friend Oz Pearlman says - the SvenPads were and are a passion project. The project was always about creating the best quality prop for a hands free fo**e.

If this ever pops up in your Target Magic set in a decade... it won't be my SvenPads but another crappy knock off.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2016, saysold1 wrote:
A holiday gift: An interview with my head manufacturer and comparisons with the SvenPads and some of the knock-offs.

The SvenPads remain the #1 utility prop of it's kind in the world. Each is hand checked at least twice for perfection. The paper is the perfect thickness - the styles are numerous and far beyond simple black pads.

Some will gravitate to the cheapest or making home made: Good for you if that serves your needs or if price is the only concern.

My clients and dealers know that when they buy the original SvenPads they become part of a family - with a 100% satisfaction guaranty, incredible quality, caring service, communication, strong support after the sale, fast and reliable shipping, extensive written & video instructional tips, our Facebook private page with more than 900+ members and counting, and the ability to contact me (the creator) personally anytime.

The SvenPads were voted as last Years Magic Café "Trick Of The Year" for good reason: Performers love and trust them for their work.

Thank you to the pros and hobbyists worldwide who continue to embrace the original, the leader - the SvenPad Supreme.

Enjoy this new side-by side instructional video. Happy Holidays to all of you - see you in 2017 Smile

Incredible, using a loop to measure tolerance. Quality control like a diamond mill. And made in America to boot. As soon as I come up wih a quality routine my order is going in. The little memo spiral pad is what all my employees carry with them on my night job. I owned BIP and Haiku years ago when starting out. While the concept was great, they just did not look like everyday props. Now one can DIY the pages to tailor it to your imagination. I think Justin is right on with shorty stories. Smile
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
The Sven Pads are great. The Wong notebook is great (my personal choice).

Haven't watched the video yet but looking forward to seeing how Chris Jones's 'Padgali' from 2006 measures up against the modern imitators.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I was impressed with the printer.
He seemed very honest with his appraisals.
He didn't go on auto pilot talking down on the compitition.
I thought he was even a bit surprised with the first comparrisons quality.
Overall, the case was made well for buying the Sven over the rest, funds allowing.

If you watch the whole thing, you're a big giant mentalism nerd like me Smile

252GoodStuff

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The SvenPads (197 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26~27~28..30~31~32 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL