The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Charming Chinese Challenge (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I have several set of Coins for this routine but am always looking for the perfect thickness and weight.

Silver Dollar Size works best for me.

Some look good in the Advertisement but you don't know till you have them in you hands.

I do the CCC all the time and it gets a great reaction.

Three things happen in the spectators hands is a +.

I keep my coins in this Red Chinese Envelope and wrap the ribbon around
the envelope. They look pretty cool and go along with your patter about
Chinese Coins etc. The wear out after a while but are cheap enough to replace.

One of many-many sources for these type envelopes: (Do a Google search for "Red Chinese Envelopes")
http://www.amazon.com/Chinese-Red-Envelo......04IMHWCK

So my question to the Café Members is what coins do you use and please
share a link.

Thanks-Nez
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Shufton
View Profile
Veteran user
California
316 Posts

Profile of Shufton
British West African (Nigerian) pennies. They are the same size as English pennies, but are silver in color and have a hole in the middle, as was common back in those days of all West African coins. I found them on Ebay. They look and feel great, and the patter I used evolved quite naturally using these coins. They are not so easy to find always, especially in great shape, but worth the hunt and the wait (in my opinion).

Good luck, best wishes and Happy Holidays-

-Steve
Fobulous, Emergency Cash, 3D Paradox, PS-I Love You, X-Ray, The Portal, Ultimate Floating Match, Miracle Premonition... and more!
http://www.shufton.com
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I use the Chinese coins supplied with Lance Pierce's Recharmed, I'm Sure. They're being sold by Dan and Dave. They are just a little larger than a silver dollar, and work beautifully.
Randy Marsh
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Randy Marsh
I use washers. There are many different sizes of washers, so you can pick ones that work best for you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Charming Chinese Challenge (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL