The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Out of Print Books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Hi, blindbo:

Thanks, both to you and other contributors to this discussion. As a devotee of Adam Smith and an active participant in capitalism, I find discussions of supply and demand fascinating. Throw in another fave (Magic) and you've got an irresistible mix.

I can sorta do a double l***, make a coin vanish, and on good nights weave smoke into silk. But how a printer can turn black, white, yellow, red, and blue inks into every conceivable colour is a kind of Magic beyond my comprehension.

Leland Edward Stone
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Quote:
On 2004-03-16 10:09, Leland Stone wrote:
But how a printer can turn black, white, yellow, red, and blue inks into every conceivable colour is a kind of Magic beyond my comprehension.

I puttered around a print shop when I was 6 years old and it still fascinates me! Digital technology started a new age in the industry that put a spark back in my plug and its more fun than ever, now.

Oh, We actually do it with only 4: cyan, magenta, yellow, and black (blue, red, yellow, black).
perlimpinpin
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of perlimpinpin
Hi guys

This thread is really interesting. I would draw parallels with other domains where limited supply is also the case : SONY Playstations upon launch, and rock concert seats.

Daniel
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
There have been many of you who have contacted me about my business. Unfortunately, pm's disappear *like magic* after a period of inactivity and I have lost the messages. Please, if you are still interested/wanting information pm again and I will save it off this time.

I have resigned my position as Director of Operations having my bid for the company rejected. I have successfully partnered with a new company and our capabilities have expanded to the bleeding edge of my trade. Some things work out for the best!
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
All those weblink that you guys posted suck.
if you want a good site or place to get out of print books. go to http://www.misdirections.com but the best way to see if they have it is call 415-566-2180. they have a lot of out of print books that no one else have.
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Quote:
On 2004-07-08 19:32, the74rock wrote:
All those weblink that you guys posted suck.
if you want a good site or place to get out of print books. go to http://www.misdirections.com but the best way to see if they have it is call 415-566-2180. they have a lot of out of print books that no one else have.

Misdierctions is my local shop and I have scored many oop books.

Right now Joe does not have Strong Magic or Cardshark, although I got my copies from the store some months ago.
Drive Carefully
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
http://www.abebooks.com

Has hundreds of old magic books.

Best
Brad
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Out of Print Books (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL