The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matt Mello - Psycho Logical (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
nonprofitmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of nonprofitmagic
Thank you. One last q: all is examinable at end and no sleight of hand needed?

Will buy soon.

Kevin

Quote:
On Dec 8, 2015, matthewmello wrote:
Hi Kevin,

Profit will always work. They aren't given any ranges, and they're always 100% correct. It's a very cool process that creates the effect/method.

Matt
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Hi Kevin,

I personally don't consider Profit to require sleight of hand, with the way that I choose to handle the performance. There are some displays that you'll need to work on--for a minute or two--but the process is extremely simple and logical, and something that anyone is capable of doing.

Matt
nonprofitmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Thanks, Matt. And the 2nd portion of my q---is the wallet okay for reasonable inspection? Reason why I ask is that, let's say the spectator says you have $27 in your wallet. And you take out 27 one dollar bills. Won't the spectator then think in his mind, okay let me see your wallet just to make sure you are not hiding any more bills in there?

Kevin

Quote:
On Dec 9, 2015, matthewmello wrote:
Hi Kevin,

I personally don't consider Profit to require sleight of hand, with the way that I choose to handle the performance. There are some displays that you'll need to work on--for a minute or two--but the process is extremely simple and logical, and something that anyone is capable of doing.

Matt
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
I would never personally give a spectator my wallet to go through, but you can certainly do that without issue, with no extra bills to be found. But I prefer to stick with the "Paying with Paper" type of effect, using the receipt reveal as the added punch.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2015, nonprofitmagic wrote:
Thanks, Matt. And the 2nd portion of my q---is the wallet okay for reasonable inspection? Reason why I ask is that, let's say the spectator says you have $27 in your wallet. And you take out 27 one dollar bills. Won't the spectator then think in his mind, okay let me see your wallet just to make sure you are not hiding any more bills in there?

Kevin

Quote:
Hi Kevin,

Matt

You as the performer must control the situation. You are there to SHOW them something, not to allow them to take control and meet their demands to look thru your gear. You go in, ask them if they want to see something interesting, faux hypnotize them, ask the folks what they see (2 dollars) then ask the hypnotized one what they see.

Then, when you are done, put your stuff away and accept their wild applause. Perhaps charge them to see more or show them more for free. Done!
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Haha, Right? "Oh you want to pat me down too?"
Kevin the bills are openly displayed, it's not like the wallet is involved. The spectators will confirm you didn't switch.
Anyway, this book is great as usual from Matt. I really like "The one image" very cool.
James

Quote:
I would never personally give a spectator my wallet to go through, but you can certainly do that without issue, with no extra bills to be found. But I prefer to stick with the "Paying with Paper" type of effect, using the receipt reveal as the added punch.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
nonprofitmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Thank you very much, Xiqual. You rock!

Kevin

Quote:
On Dec 9, 2015, Xiqual wrote:
Haha, Right? "Oh you want to pat me down too?"
Kevin the bills are openly displayed, it's not like the wallet is involved. The spectators will confirm you didn't switch.
Anyway, this book is great as usual from Matt. I really like "The one image" very cool.
James

Quote:
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
455 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
I purchased this the other night! I can't wait to read it today! I love Matthews work, and am really excited about this!

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
I have enjoyed many releases from Matt and having seen this new release, I jumped onboard.

I will get straight to the point: Profit rocks and is this release's stand out effect. But I will get to it after briefly discussing the other effects.

As for Spectrum, I already have my own "Color Sense" routine. If you do not already do a color sense routine, then this can be worth a look. It does have few nice touches compared to other versions. But I do not think I will perform it this way mainly because I already have a routine I love.

With The One Image, it is a beautiful lead in to any psychological-themed presentations. I would not use this as a standalone effect. But it does portray some nice thinking on Matt's part. I will be trying this.

Which brings me to Profit. Suffice it to say, this is going in my wallet ASAP. It is one of those "why didn't I think of this before".

I cannot stress enough how much I LOVE Profit.

With Psycho Logical, Matt has yet another underpriced winner.

Great work Matt!
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Thanks for taking the time to write your reviews, guys! Much appreciated! Can't wait to hear what you think, Morgan!
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Hi everyone,

I've received two emails from people who sent a payment through PayPal, but I never got a notification sent to my email. After going into my PayPal account, I saw that the payments were there, but the automatic invoice that I usually get never came.

If you've ordered Psycho Logical, but I haven't sent it to you, it's likely that I didn't get the notification. If this has happened to you, please send me an email or PM with your first and last name/email address and I will be sure to get it right out to you!

Psycho Logical will also be available on Penguin Magic in the next couple of days.

Thanks again!

Matt
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
PLEASE make it more expensive when you put it on penguin! This stuff is gold Smile
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2015, seanksutton wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2015, lemonjug wrote:
Will Profit work with any currency, or is it restricted to dollars?

Thanks

Ray

Any currency will work.

I truly enjoyed a good read, but must state that the statement above is simply incorrect. It will NOT work with most other currencies, for sure not with the British or the EURO. I have no idea how this statement could have been made. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2015, JanForster wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2015, seanksutton wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2015, lemonjug wrote:
Will Profit work with any currency, or is it restricted to dollars?

Thanks

Ray

Any currency will work.

I truly enjoyed a good read, but must state that the statement above is simply incorrect. It will NOT work with most other currencies, for sure not with the British or the EURO. I have no idea how this statement could have been made. Jan

I thought those would work... I guess not. Sorry if I caused any confusion.
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
Not read it but imagine that you need all bills to look similar . UK money are all different sizes and colours.
There is no holy grail!
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Hey guys,

I actually had someone from the UK email about this recently, and we were able to work everything out. If you're from the UK, or from anywhere that the bills are different sizes, just shoot me an email and I'll forward the alternative handling.

Sending to you now, Jan!

Matt
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes, I will have to stay corrected... There is a way to use different currencies with different bills in size and color; you have to "work" a bit more and adjust your wording("...one... and two..."), but there is still a way to incorporate a sort of DR. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Thanks for your comment, Jan! I'm happy to know we were able to make it workable for you!
Dr Art
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Dr Art
Hi Matt,

I don't know, still on the fence. I want to love this like everyone else. But usually when you try to rig an effect that works best with specific components into a one size fits all, you lose the beauty of the original presentation.

Also, DR is my least favorite ruse. But can you do this one on one with the DR? Thanks for the time.

Art
nonprofitmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Can profit be done one on one?

Kevin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matt Mello - Psycho Logical (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL