The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Broken Arm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I broke my right wrist playing basketball tonight. My muscle pass is GONE. It hurts to shuffle. I can still muscle pass left to right but it's hard to catch. My TestaCroce routine is now one handed (no problem) My right wrist is in a brace (not a cast"WHEW!") Can I get some one-handed suggestions or at least something that favors one side. I am left handed so I'm not helpless but I do have several gigs lined up. I can still twist balloons but I have to go a bit slower. HELP!
Smile Smile Smile

I need to go easy on it few 2 weeks.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Garrett Nelson
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Garrett Nelson
Rene Lavard (sp)?

And what about sponge balls?
And you can always fall back on gaffs, gaffs, gaffs. I can't imagine something like the hopping half would be too difficult with one hand not firing on all cylinders.

Linking rings?

I bet if you sit down and look at everything filling your magic chest you will have a ton of good ideas....after you get over the shock of loosing a lot of the things you really need both hands for.

Hope it turns out okay for you!
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
406 Posts

Profile of Jay
Maybe you can practice coin rolls, paddle moves, card glides, charlier cuts, hot shot cut (I think I read someone mastered the Hot Shot cut after they broke their arm---John LeBlanc maybe?). Sorry to hear this happened to you. Get better soon.

Take care, Jay Smile
Mr Nutkins
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Mr Nutkins
Hi,
I can empathise totally, about 15 years ago i had my finger bitten off by an otter and couldn't double lift for ages.
If was making a living out of magic I would probably stop all sports where a risk of hand injury was likely, I assume most Pro magicians have thier hands insured ?
Mr Nutkins
"Bloody otters !"
Dan Farmer
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Nevada
235 Posts

Profile of Dan Farmer
I saw a one handed magician on World's Greatest Magic Smile He did a seperating red & black cards routine (I actually thought it was pretty terrible though) anyway he did a one-handed shuffle that was cool! Not too hard if you can faro the cards with one hand...I know I can't.

-Dan
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Sorry to hear about your wrist... do the best you can and take care of your hands my friend.
Tony Chapparo
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
Cards will be hard but spunge ball should be doable, if you are twisting balloons allready needel thou a balloon, roap thu neck, Smile
And the next time the third base coach tells you to slide... kick him!!!
get well soon Smile
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Eric Starkey
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
180 Posts

Profile of Eric Starkey
Boy, this story makes me LOVE mentalism even more! I was a finger-flicker (and still do a good bit of it - covertly). But now I'm primarily doing magic of the mind. The truly beautiful thing is, you can always do magic with your head, regardless of what happens to your hands.

Also, you may want to take a look at some of the effects in Rene Lavand's book.

Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Eric
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Well, Update time. The wrist brace is voluntary now so I use it only with physical activity. The bone is only cracked so I just need to take it easy for a few weeks.
Pokie-Poke, I fired the 3rd base coach, but I'm sure Eric already knew that. Smile

It hurts when I muscle pass, so, I don't muscle pass right now. Everything else is pretty much back to normal. Thanks for he great suggestions. You've all given me quite a bit to think about.
(And BroDavid, when you read this, Thanks for your prayers. I know they were heard.)
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
hey Rob,
stop clowning around!!

what about a billiard ball production?
You could do your favourite Red White and Blue theme? (from your other post)

Or a Basketball production routine? Haha ha

Get well soon.
Wayman.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Honestly, I don't know any billiard ball routines. I do have a couple of sets of bumper pool balls but I have never been inclined to put them into my show. I don't know why, maybe it's time. Know any good resouces?

I've practiced a bit today and have about 8 effects up to snuff. TestaCroce is back, but I have to slow it down a bit. Slapping my hand down stings to no end. The muscle pass is going to take a while though. Just tightening the palm hurts. Smile

As for "stop clowning around" Why? That's what I do! It's my job! Neither rain, nor snow.....Sorry, Wrong Tangent. Smile

I will pass on the basketball routine suggestion, but "card to impossible location" has come to mind quite a bit over the last few days. Smile
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
And I continue to pray for your healing Rob!

Sounds like you are scoming along well now.

You stated out in a good place; trusting God. And I believe, No... I KNOW that He honors faith like that!

Too often we focus on the probelm, and but just remember no matter how bad it it look, dont ever say it cant get any worse, because I can tell you from personal experience that the last time I said that "it cant get any worse"; it DID!

Sounds like you will back to "normal" (at least as Normal as usual...) in no time at all. Glad to hear the update friend!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Rob,

I urge you to rest that wrist for the short time needed! It is much too valuable to you, and you do not want a perennial problem or something that gives you grief everytime it rains.

I'm glad the toughest time is over.

alan
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Broken Arm (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL