The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » New gaff coins from Joshua Jay (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......t=header

got this in my mail yesterday

Edit: Just saw that there is already a thread about it in "Latest and greatest"".
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
A friend of mine got one in January at Magi-fest and Joshua Jay has been selling it at his lectures all year long I guess but it is finally being released on the site.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I picked up a set a year or so ago. They are ok but there are a few things I don't like about them. Too loose and noisy IMO. I much prefer my 3CM set from Schoolcraft. That said, I do think Josh's main routine with the set is one of the best I've seen. The vanish of the last coin is by far the best I've ever seen. (you can do the vanish with any coins). The set is well made and for the price, it's tough to beat if you like what you see in the trailer.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Got an email promotion, and the coins have been completely redone. Now all three coins assemble as only one thin coin. They explain this on their website. The price is ridiculous to say the least for this set. Limited runs, when these new ones are sold, none until next year. Joshua is also explaining his complete routine now.

Only comes in half dollar size. Some will not care for that, of course.
longtimelurker
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of longtimelurker
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2015, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Got an email promotion, and the coins have been completely redone. Now all three coins assemble as only one thin coin. They explain this on their website. The price is ridiculous to say the least for this set. Limited runs, when these new ones are sold, none until next year. Joshua is also explaining his complete routine now.

Only comes in half dollar size. Some will not care for that, of course.

Actually comes in UK 10p, Euro 50c and half dollar.
HarryB
View Profile
Regular user
South Texas
127 Posts

Profile of HarryB
I'm wondering how this routine would play in real life. Being relatively new, I have done some reading on coin magic and one thing that is taught is that once a coin disappears, if it is not reproduced or "found" in a relatively short period of time the specs will start looking for it. I get that the first two disappearances are relatively quick. It doesn't give the audience a lot of time to "look" for the coins. The last disappearance is final and all the coins are gone forever. Any thoughts?

BTW: I agree with Bill. I wouldn't care for half dollar size coins. My hands are a little on the large side.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
HarryB, that leaves you to do some additional routine for the production of 4 coins. Just do Jerry Andrus's Miser's Miracle. It would be a perfect follow-up if you want to reproduce the coins.

Just as in 3 Fly, the vanish is not always a bad thing. It leaves a question in their minds, and you become the talk of the place. There are times especially in Close-Up magic, a Vanish can work in your favor. After all, who is in charge of your presentation, you or the spectator's. It is your show, and they are their to watch your magic.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I wonder who makes these coins?
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
393 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
Bill I also got an early set from Josh. There was a short explanation video link that came with it. When you say he is explaining his whole routine know, are you saying he reshot the video or added to it?
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » New gaff coins from Joshua Jay (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL