The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » JVC (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
So my other Sony and Panasonic camcorders finally hit obsolescence and decrepitation.

I thought my Sony camera was, without a doubt, the finest product that I ever bought, bar none.
Even after paying 350 to rebuild it three separate times, I was still a huge fan
It would adjust to indoor/ outdoor lighting at the push of a button, on the fly, when I ran out a building and was just the very best every other way too.
The Sony product line was always "warmer" then cannon IMO because the cannon image just seemed flat.

So.... My workhorses finally died long after they had any right to be powered
That's where the JVC came in
Saw one on CL it was still in the box and they swore it had less the ten hours in it.
So I bought it (idiot)
Only after the Error 03 kept coming up did I search it on the net.
A ha, the error code led me to a page where there was a class action law suit against JVC

Now I know why.
The forward in record or play has this ticking noise and a few gears stutter. At least on mine.
So far I disassembled it a good amount and ascertained it wasn't something I could fix.

IMO stay away from JVC. If you giggle their company and add the word complaint, you'll see what I mean.

I'm back to Sony so I can shoot and edit again.
And that's my personal experience, take it or leave it.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
I had sony... and am now enjoying using Cannon hg series.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I've found that the cannon picture is usually flatter then the sony and the sony is a bit warmenr and shows moire depth
On the other hand it's a toss up on the sound. Some of the cannons have slightly better sound then the sonys

But..... I'm still using FCP pro on a 9 year old computer Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » JVC (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL