We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The Trick That Fooled Houdini – who else? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ilmungo
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of ilmungo
Hey Café members!

I was recently engaged to entertain a VIP reception after a showing of Houdini's film "The Grim Game," and in an effort to tie in my (close up) performance to Houdini I reworked my standard ACR routine into this presentation:

https://youtu.be/OFeE6hz0RfI

I have to say the reactions were really great, and I found that the presentation actually solves some of the weaknesses that I feel are inherent to most ACR presentations, so I'm thinking of keeping it in my regular repertoire… Which makes me curious: I can't be the first person to have thought of doing the ambitious card with this presentation; have similar presentations been published elsewhere? Do you guys know of other performers (maybe yourself!) doing a similar take? Do you have thoughts or reactions to the presentation itself?

Cheers,
Luigi
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
I thought it was good, but you should try to tie the card to wallet ending into the presentation more.
Reality is a real killjoy.
ilmungo
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of ilmungo
Hey Zach,

Thanks for your feedback! I'd be interested in ideas for tying the CTW to the presentation more, I'll be thinking about that. Meanwhile, do you know if there are similar published presentations, or anyone else performing along these premises?

Luigi
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
I'm afraid I'm not sure. With the thousands of magicians who do ACR it is unlikely that nobody has done this theme, but I haven't seen any published. As for the card to wallet, how about something like "And I think this is when Harry decided to forget card tricks and try to escape from tight spaces." In case it was unclear, the tight space is the wallet.
Reality is a real killjoy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The Trick That Fooled Houdini – who else? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL