The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Tennis Balls for C&B? Or similar balls. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
I swear I remember seeing David Williamson use a set of tennis balls for his cups and balls in one of his videos? Id love to get a set of theses. For two reasons, 1, they seem to have a little more weight to them vs the standard set of balls. 2, I love that bright color of them, they are very visible. Is there a place to get a set of these? Even better if I could get a chopped set as well. Maybe I could get 2 sets and cup one myself, which that would bring up a whole bunch more questions on what exactly should I put inside, how strong, what size, etc etc... Maybe we'll save that for another post.

Other then tennis balls, I am looking for something that is a bit more weighted, and for the color sort of that neon/bright yellow/green color that you see on a lot of fitness clothes. I am in love with that color and think it would work well.

Thanks!
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Pet toys! Bright colored tennis balls that you buy in the pet store! Bring your cups to ensure fit.
Charles Gaff
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
Pet store with the cups in their bag is how I shop for loads too! Some hacky sacks are nice also, but the pet store is almost too much fun! And in my area, cat toys (balls) are cheaper than dog.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
If you're talking about the smaller balls and not the final loads then look into tennis ball key chains. The balls should easily come off their tethers and be quite useable.

http://www.zazzle.com/tennis_ball_key_ch......93992480
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Yes, I agree, pet store tennis balls. They're just a bit smaller than real tennis balls, so they fit smaller cups. Great range of colors.
HarryB
View Profile
Regular user
South Texas
127 Posts

Profile of HarryB
In Texas we have small stores called 'Dollar General'. I had to go into there and pick up something for a school christmas party and decided to go into the pet section. Doggy tennis balls were 2 for $1.00. Picked up 4. Perfect for cups and balls. Thanks for the tips guys!
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2015, Head Case wrote: Other then tennis balls, I am looking for something that is a bit more weighted, and for the color sort of that neon/bright yellow/green color that you see on a lot of fitness clothes. I am in love with that color and think it would work well.

You might try using lacrosse balls. These are heavy, hard rubber balls that come in lots of vibrant colors, even glow-in-the-dark! Unlike tennis balls, these are heavy and undeniably solid; when dropped, they land on the table with a loud thump, don't have a big bounce to them, and obviously have not been folded up or compressed in any way.

Lacrosse balls are available in most sporting goods store and aren't expensive. In fact, they are often sold in a bag by the dozen or half-dozen; if you buy a bag of six, you'll have enough for four final loads plus two spares. They are also basically indestructible -- I've been using the same four lacrosse balls for about ten years now!

I have a set of brass cups & balls made by Bazar De Magia, and the lacrosse balls fit them perfectly. The smooth surface makes for an easy and noiseless load. And if they get dirty after a while, you can just give them a bath in the kitchen sink with some dishwashing liquid, and they will shine like new. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Romano911
^ I totally agree with seth's suggestion re lacrosse balls. I have a Bazar de Magia chop cup, and I found lacrosse balls at my local sporting goods store that are the perfect size for final loads. The one additional suggestion I have is to bring your cup(s) with you and test the balls for fit before buying if possible. The balls I purchased were loose, in a large bin. I found that some from the bin could get stuck in the cup. I did have to go through a few to find a couple that would consistently and reliably drop out.
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
There are a number of options for the color balls you seek.

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/miniature-......COlIkQzA

Is that what you are looking for? Those are the balls david Williamson was or is using with his cups.
They are by a an named Stephane Bourgoin. There are several other options available as well.
The deluxe balls by Sherwood come in that color.
RNT 2 offered them in that color as well.

Should not be too difficult to find.

Let me know by PM if you need any help.
Mobius
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S10

Not sure if they are still in stock but you could always ask about them.
Charles Gaff
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
I've found most green tennis balls at big 5 won't work for my phoenix cups, but that the orange and yellow will. I hope to find the electric green that will fit. They make them that color so people can see them.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Charles click the links I posted. $18 for a set of four is not a bad price.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Tennis Balls for C&B? Or similar balls. (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL