We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » On Stage with Bill Malone's Bill in Lemon and Wayne Houchin's Single Needle (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jmathai1
View Profile
New user
Alexandria, Virginia
84 Posts

Profile of jmathai1
Below is a video of my performance on stage of Bill In Lemon and Single Needle. The venue was my company's holiday party (probably 75 people in the audience). Overall, everyone had a great time, so it was a success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kipWQJ8rwT0

A lot of great thinking went into this performance (not by me, I just studied from the best), so I want to call out some of my inspiration and suggest you invest in learning from the below creators if you haven’t already:

Bill Malone: I used his method for loading the signed bill in the lemon (from his On The Loose DVD set). I think it takes a little bit of stones and concentration to execute but good magic is worth that effort. I also used his rope trick/gag to start the show (from his Here I Go Again DVD set). Like everything, it’s funnier when Bill does it, but great for anyone. I recommend everything Bill Malone has published.

John Lovick: Although I did not use any of his published work here, I thought a lot about doing a borrowed bill routine because of his book “Switch.” He is an all-around funny stand-up performer and the book is great.

Chris Randall – His Penguin lecture made me definitely decide that if I am going to do the bill in lemon trick, it has to be with a signed bill (no torn corner). The ending of the trick is that more dramatic because there is no questioning that this is the same bill that vanished. It takes more work but I think that was worth it for me. Thanks to Chris Randall for giving away years of knowledge in his lecture.

Wayne Houchin – His Single Needle is a great and simple trick. I modified some of the handling with the spool of thread to make it easier for me but my performance is pretty much all of his thinking. Anything Wayne Houchin publishes is great (I also do his French Kiss a lot for larger audiences).
John Mathai
Alexandria, Virginia
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2618 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Loved it. Thanks for putting up.
jmathai1
View Profile
New user
Alexandria, Virginia
84 Posts

Profile of jmathai1
Thank you Mr Effecto.
John Mathai
Alexandria, Virginia
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » On Stage with Bill Malone's Bill in Lemon and Wayne Houchin's Single Needle (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL