The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » GUMBO by Sensor Magic - Change Gum flavour and size 6 times! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Http://sensor-magic.com/ProductDetails.a......a1ac31fd

This looks awesome! And for $5.... this is a steal! Will post my thoughts here when I try it out!
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
I usually don't care for gum effects, but since it was a Nicholas Laurence effect, I decided to look at the trailer. And boy am I glad!

Definitely one of the coolest gum effects I've seen!

First of all, the download is well priced and the download process was simple.

Second of all, the download's filming and editing is well done with a length of 35 minutes.

Third of all, the effect & gimmick itself is awesome! Just a simple DIY that anyone who can unwrap a piece of gum can make. The gimmick itself it highly practical & well last a long time.

One thing I appreciated about the download was that the explanation is first then the gimmick construction. And also, during the gimmick construction, there's no edits - no "do this & that, then cut to what it should look like". Instead, you see how to make it from start to finish - a mere 5-10 minute of your time. There were a few sped up parts which helped make watching more of ease because you saw the action without having to hear commentary, which can slow down the process.

Overall, I'm glad I got this and can't wait to go out and perform it. There are so many ways that you could use this and adapt it to one's performance style.

As always Nicholas Laurence & Sensor Magic have delivered another great effect to the community!

Effect: 5/5
DIY Gimmick 5/5
Download Quality: 4.5/5
Pricing: 5/5
Purchasing: 5/5
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Watched this! Nicholas Lawrence, IMO has the best potential to being one of the greatest creators of our generation. Although a lot of his work is gimmicky, from what I have seen its all simple methods, out of the box thinking, and visual. This is just another addition to his toolkit of amazing, simple, and visual magic.
The effect is amazing, as you see from the trailer, and Nick makes it look super visual. The gimmick, for what it is, is quite simple to construct and wont cost you much more than maybe 4 bucks (less than the download). It might take some time to make it, but honestly, I have spent much longer making gimmicks that do not come close to this. The method is workable. THe 30 second reset is more like 5 seconds and the pocket space is not too bad. I can see myself having some issues with pocket space, since I have mine laid out already, but if the situation arises, this is awesome.
The quality of the video is clear and Nicholas goes through everything you need to know.
Now I have to go get some gum and make this. It will fit perfectly in my school bag and it would be an awesome trick to show to some students! I could see this being a short bit in a small stage or parlor act as well.
Amazing Job Nicholas!!
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
Search for my products under "Christopher Wiehl"
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Does this work with every pack of gum? I mean, in the europe we don't have the same gums are you right? So wondering if we can apply to other gums other than the one explained
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Clarification:

Effect: 5/5
DIY Gimmick 5/5
* Download Content: 5/5 *
Download Quality: 4.5/5
Pricing: 5/5
Purchasing: 5/5
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2015, Ceierry wrote:
Does this work with every pack of gum? I mean, in the europe we don't have the same gums are you right? So wondering if we can apply to other gums other than the one explained

Yes, if you have like-size packages of gum. As you can see that there's 6 changes, so 4 of them will need similar size packaging.

[Nicholas, hope that's not revealing anything]

itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Link doesn't work.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Here you go guys...
http://youtu.be/-vgsBmuTpAE
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Is it good for table hopping or too much reset? I saw 30 seconds and 5 seconds, do any of you use it over and over in the real world?
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Where can I purchase it? The link int he openeing post does not work
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2015, Memory-Jah wrote:
Where can I purchase it? The link int he openeing post does not work

Here is the trailer:

https://youtu.be/-vgsBmuTpAE

You can purchase it here:

sensor-magic.com

:)
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
I purchased the download like9h ago or so and still did not get a confirmation or download link nor in my account. Was paid with paypal. What is going on there?
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
Go to sensor-magic.com - click on Log In - click on Downloads - then you should see "Gumbo Get Download File" - click on Get Download File.

Ed
selectedmagic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of selectedmagic
Is it just me?

The price I see is $9.95 not $5 like James said.

Or there is a currency option..
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2015, selectedmagic wrote:
Is it just me?

The price I see is $9.95 not $5 like James said.

Or there is a currency option..

Looks like it was a limited price
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
Deep In the Heart of Texas
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Well crud.. Would have purchased it yesterday If I had known this was a Intro price..
Chapter 18 (Member circa 1938)
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Bande
Probably just me but seems a weird way to hold a pack of gum -- makes it look like he is just rolling it a la a hot rod. Hopefully it is more than that -- just looks odd to me. Glad others like it
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Just checked this out and I really enjoyed it! Someone on facebook posted a great presentation comparing this to the various candies in Harry Potter, that I think works really well in this situation! Tom Elderfield has a similar effect on Influx, but the methods for both are completely different. Nice job Nicholas!
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Do you have to perform all 6 changes ? Seems a bit much . Hopefully you don't have to carry a bunch of gum packs ? If this is not the situation then I am in !
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Finally watched the download. I really like this. Easy to construct and easy to perform. For $10.00 this is well worth it.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » GUMBO by Sensor Magic - Change Gum flavour and size 6 times! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL