We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Preferred Method of Opening a Tenyo Box (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1497 Posts

Profile of edshern
So,,,,,, it time to answer the question that has been troubling mankind for generations;

What is the preferred (proper?) (official?) way to open a Tenyo Box???????

From the Top?
OR,
From the Bottom?

Thanks

PS- Looks like mine is Japanese version, so if anyone can send the English Instructions to me it would be appreciated.
Send to; edshern@gmail.com

Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2491 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Ed, they stopped doing English boxes some years ago.

And, if you examine the box and instructions, you will see the instructions for how to download the English-language instructions from Tenyo's website.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2491 Posts

Oh--people in Japan tend to rip open the top flap along the scored line because that's what you're supposed to do.

I think most of the rest of us open it from the bottom so the box keeps more of its original appearance.
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1497 Posts

Profile of edshern
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2015, Richard Kaufman wrote:
And, if you examine the box and instructions, you will see the instructions for how to download the English-language instructions from Tenyo's website.

DOH, Big blue panel, right on the box!

But,in part that panel reads;
to download English instructions "See the included Japanese instructions...." Smile
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2491 Posts

Ed, the reason why they put that panel on the outside of the box was because non-Japanese speakers were not looking at the instructions carefully enough to find the url for the English instructions. I can certainly sympathize with that--if you can't read Japanese why would you look for a link to instructions in other languages at the end of the Japanese instruction sheet?

I still wish they would include nicely printed English instructions, but they look perfectly fine when I download and print them out.
Hookem
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Hookem
I use an Exacto knife to open at the top using the serrated line. It's easy to do and the box retains it's shape. It's no good to rip it open. Regarding opening from the bottom, I haven't done that for fear of tearing up the box. Sounds like it's not that hard.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Preferred Method of Opening a Tenyo Box (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL