The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Animated Card Thru Balloon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
snedglow
View Profile
New user
Pine Grove, PA
94 Posts

Profile of snedglow
Hocus Pocus sells a trick called Animated Card Thru Balloon of Death and I was wondering if anyone has seen the illusion and can comment on how it well it performs, value for the price, etc.

They have a video of this trick at http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/pro......19966611 and the trick looks good.

Thanks everyone!
-Randy
[email]rsnedden@closeupmagic.org[/email]
Smile
~~~~~
“Chance is but the pseudonym of God for those particular cases which He does not choose to subscribe to openly with His own signature ... ”
magic-markus
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of magic-markus
I like this trick . There is a lot of comedy. So when you a comedy magician buy it. So I think the price is ok. Good price, good routine, lot's of comedy. What else do you want ??

Markus
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Another Kevin James rip off. A nice expensive joke on magi.

pass on this one.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones

pass on this one.

Hi,
Chris I think you are showing a slight lack of thought here. the effect plays extremely well for lay people particularly in a cabaret situation and you can here the gasps when the card penatrates the balloon.
comersial magic with a comersial plot.
well worth the money if you are going to use it
Phillip
snedglow
View Profile
New user
Pine Grove, PA
94 Posts

Profile of snedglow
I appreciate everyone's input. The trick does look good when you take a look at the video, but sometimes that's still not a good judge of a trick's value.

I've learned to run it by the café before buying. I think I may take a look at the trick after all.
-Randy
Smile
~~~~~
“Chance is but the pseudonym of God for those particular cases which He does not choose to subscribe to openly with His own signature ... ”
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
It's been my opening act for 10 years. You haave to be willing to buy certain supplies - more than just balloons - but worth the cost.
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
RandomEffects
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
323 Posts

Profile of RandomEffects
Quote:
On 2004-03-02 09:51, MagicChris wrote:

pass on this one.

I have to disagree, this trick is wonderful. Having worked in magic shops for 5+ years I always thought it looked ok on paper until I saw one of our regular performers do it at the Mystery Lounge (Tuesdays in cambridge, ma). Even knowing what was coming I still laughed and was amazed at what I saw.

Mat Random
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
I bought this effect when it first came out many years ago. If you give it the proper rehearsal and can deal with the set-up then you have one heck of a visual effect.
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
FloridaMagic1
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of FloridaMagic1
Hi everyone,

I don't think this is a KJ Rip-off as someone mentioned. This is an official release from Kevin James - and a pretty neat effect.
Highland
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Highland
If you like the demo then you should get it.
This is a real showpiece. Very well routined and worth the effort. Once you get by the set-up it is a lot of fun. Good for pros.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2004-03-02 09:51, MagicChris wrote:

pass on this one.

I kind of agree. Not as harshly though. It's not easy to get together and my cards fell apart fairly early on. I agree with Chance, if you don't mind working with it a bit you may have better luck with it than I did.

hmmmm, maybe I'm just lazy.

John
yosef_dov
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC area
242 Posts

Profile of yosef_dov
Greetings...

I bought this about a year ago and haven't used it in a show... I've had a lot of trouble with the setup and essentially ruined the cards that came with it...

I can't divulge more without giving things away. Does anyone who uses this have trouble with wrinkled cards?

Joe
snedglow
View Profile
New user
Pine Grove, PA
94 Posts

Profile of snedglow
It seems like we're leaning towards "it's a great effect ... but"

And the buts are mostly that the setup is rather tedious, but well worth the effort.

I think I'm going to check this one out. After all, tell me the name of a trick that doesn't require practice.

-R
-Randy
Smile
~~~~~
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I just don't think it's worth the money. Has anyone seen folks perfoming this? I doubt it.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2004-03-09 11:32, snedglow wrote:
It seems like we're leaning towards "it's a great effect ... but"

And the buts are mostly that the setup is rather tedious, but well worth the effort.

I think I'm going to check this one out. After all, tell me the name of a trick that doesn't require practice.

-R

It wasn't the practice that turned *me* away from the effect. It was the setup VS the reward. For me it was just too hard to work with.

John
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI Chris,
I use it at least 200 times a year
Phillip
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
I use it 100 times a yeaar. The cards last fairly long if you handle them well. You also have to always have a few spares for when they DO become too wrinkled.
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
armagician
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of armagician
I just got mine today. I love it. It will take a little pratice but it looks wee worth the effect.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
So, let me see, we have a fellow who knocked his performing name off complaining that the trick is a Kevin James ripoff. I see.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Can this be preformed close-up?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Animated Card Thru Balloon (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL